Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #76
Bamagal
Mouseketeer

Jumping in
Looking at January 19-24 but flexible due to airfare. My daughter celebrates her 5th birthday on January 20 and I will be surprising her. Do they usually offer free dining in January? Were Decemeber kind of girls.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #77
LSU25
Mouseketeer

Count us in for Jan. 2014- Just booked our room today. It's our first time staying onsite and we are staying at the Contemporary with a theme park view.

Jan.2nd - Jan.9th 2012- Offsite
Sept. 27th - Oct.7th 2012-Offsite
Jan. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Oct. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Feb. 2015- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
LSU25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #78
so_oregon
Disney Cruise Fanatic

will be there for the marathon week.....and am soooo confused. I went in 1972 or 1973 (the year it opened) and there wasn't much choice then for hotels. (plus dad was military so I think we stayed in some kind of military motel). January 7 - 13, I think.

12/02 Norwegian Wind
12/06 Norwegian Wind
2/1/09 - Celebrity Solstice
9/19/09 - Disney Magic
5/27/10 - Disneyland trip
7/29-8/1/10 Disneyland
11/6/10 Celebrity Summit
1/23/11 - Disney Magic

so_oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #79
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
Jumping in
Looking at January 19-24 but flexible due to airfare. My daughter celebrates her 5th birthday on January 20 and I will be surprising her. Do they usually offer free dining in January? Were Decemeber kind of girls.
We go just about every January. First there is the Marathon..so no free dining usually.

Then comes Martin Luther King Weekend (MLK day-Jan 20th 2014)so they know its going to be busy..there for no free dining.

Looking at the January 2014 Calendar.. if going by what has historically been offered around the time that we go..Free dining... if available would start again on Saturday the 25th.

It usually starts the weekend after my birthday..which is Jan 19th.

There was no free dining this past January.
We are hoping it will come back for Jan '14

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #80
coruth4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie View Post
We go just about every January. First there is the Marathon..so no free dining usually.

Then comes Martin Luther King Weekend (MLK day-Jan 20th 2014)so they know its going to be busy..there for no free dining.

Looking at the January 2014 Calendar.. if going by what has historically been offered around the time that we go..Free dining... if available would start again on Saturday the 25th.

It usually starts the weekend after my birthday..which is Jan 19th.

There was no free dining this past January.
We are hoping it will come back for Jan '14
We are looking at going in January 2014 - it will be our first time in January. We are looking at 2 - 11th. I am not expecting free dining though. How are the crowds at this time? We are expecting the weekend following New Year's to be busy from New Year's crowds - does it normally clear out after that & before marathon weekend?
All Star Music Family Suite December 2009
Pop Century August 2007
Fort Wilderness Campground July 2005
coruth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #81
Kristina685
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I hear ya...the waiting game sucks
The worst part is trying to anticipate if there are going to be any deals or not! We are hoping for Free Dining again..but not expecting it since it wasn't offered Jan/Feb this year.

The 3rd or 4th week of January are our Favourite weeks of the year to go! Can't wait!
I've been to WDW twice (and I was only 10 and 14 at the time) and both years we went in August. All I remember is that it was HOT! Now, it's been 14 years since I've been there last but I'm pretty sure FL hasn't cooled off any. I'm really excited to go during this time!

I am on the waiting list of a few TA's for package pricing once it is released. I think I'm going to price it out myself and compare rates with the two TA's and just go with the better one. I think at this point I'm just excited to book! Haha

WDW Vacations:
1995 CBR
2000 Off Site
2014 POR Riverside
2015 TBD
Kristina685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #82
vacation_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina685 View Post
I've been to WDW twice (and I was only 10 and 14 at the time) and both years we went in August. All I remember is that it was HOT! Now, it's been 14 years since I've been there last but I'm pretty sure FL hasn't cooled off any. I'm really excited to go during this time!

I am on the waiting list of a few TA's for package pricing once it is released. I think I'm going to price it out myself and compare rates with the two TA's and just go with the better one. I think at this point I'm just excited to book! Haha
Generally speaking...Disney dictates the prices that a TA can sell the package for. What Disney sells a package for the TA has to sell the package for. Much like Apple products .
They may offer a bonus incentive on top of your package like a gift card or something....but the packages itself will be the same regardless where you book.

Get a couple quotes...see what they will offer.

We love January ....the crowds are minimal and the weather has been perfect every time.

Its going to be a long few months to wait!!!!!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #83
3cuteDISkids
Earning My Ears

Ooh can I join in?! We are going Jan 11-18, unless dh decides to run then we will probably have to be there a day or 2 earlier. This is technically our first family trip, however dh and I decided to go for a little recon mission before we lug our 3 kids there. So we are going in may for 3 days to learn our way around. Staying at POFQ and spending a day at Epcot. That being said, waiting for the prices/discounts into the next calendar year really stinks. My 180 day mark is July 15. I really need to have my resort locked down by then. We are also considering renting points and staying at BLT if there are no discounts. But I really should be booking that now, but I can't cancel that. Such a predicament I have hoping for a BB from our may trip but I don't know if they will be offering anything for 2014. I might just book something and then when discounts come out , either keep it or try to rent dvc if the discount isn't much or nothing. At least I will have a safety net...

Another poster somewhere said they should really cut the dining date down to 90/100 if they aren't going to be releasing discounts until that timeframe. I couldn't agree more! We only picked this week to celebrate ds 2nd bday on the 16th! Might do a late summer girls trip in 2014 and it makes me happy knowing that I will have more info on prices and discounts sooner! Ahhh the stresses of disney planning
3cuteDISkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #84
disneymami
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

no school, no heat, no crowds!

I have finally had my dream come true, almost. My school calendar plans to close school Jan 2 and Jan 3, 2014 as part of a long Dec holiday break. I want to finally visit the world under these perfect conditions: no school, no heat, no crowds. Here's my question: I know resort rack rates plummet on Jan 2 but could I expect a sweeter deal with discounts? Are deals offered for early January resorts?

1977 - first trip to the world with my parents and brother - MK - (the seed is planted)
1985 - college spring break with friends - MK (the seed starts to take root)
1992 - drove from NY with boyfriend now DH - MK & EPCOT (the obsession is growing)
2009 - first trip with my twin girls - WL resort; MK & EPCOT (completely incurable disney fanatic)
disneymami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #85
vacation_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cuteDISkids View Post
Ooh can I join in?! We are going Jan 11-18, unless dh decides to run then we will probably have to be there a day or 2 earlier. This is technically our first family trip, however dh and I decided to go for a little recon mission before we lug our 3 kids there. So we are going in may for 3 days to learn our way around. Staying at POFQ and spending a day at Epcot. That being said, waiting for the prices/discounts into the next calendar year really stinks. My 180 day mark is July 15. I really need to have my resort locked down by then. We are also considering renting points and staying at BLT if there are no discounts. But I really should be booking that now, but I can't cancel that. Such a predicament I have hoping for a BB from our may trip but I don't know if they will be offering anything for 2014. I might just book something and then when discounts come out , either keep it or try to rent dvc if the discount isn't much or nothing. At least I will have a safety net...

Another poster somewhere said they should really cut the dining date down to 90/100 if they aren't going to be releasing discounts until that timeframe. I couldn't agree more! We only picked this week to celebrate ds 2nd bday on the 16th! Might do a late summer girls trip in 2014 and it makes me happy knowing that I will have more info on prices and discounts sooner! Ahhh the stresses of disney planning
We go the 3rd week or so each January usually...so I know comparing past vacations... should there be free dining we'd have to wait to check in until Sat Jan 25th...the Saturday after MLK weekend.

Keeping that in mind I will make our Dining Reservations at the 180 mark so we can get "our must eat at" places. Just like we usually do. Since we most likley won't have a package booked by then I can't do the 180+10 thing.

Should Free dining not be announced I'll just cancel the ressie's I've made online that we don't want to keep.

No biggie.

We also eat at alot of restaurants that are not in the parks so it doesn't matter which day of the week were there I book these places on. We use to stick to our favourites in each park but then after adventuring outside of the parks we discovered that there are alot of great restaurants at the resorts and DTD!

Old 04-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #86
vacation_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymami View Post
I have finally had my dream come true, almost. My school calendar plans to close school Jan 2 and Jan 3, 2014 as part of a long Dec holiday break. I want to finally visit the world under these perfect conditions: no school, no heat, no crowds. Here's my question: I know resort rack rates plummet on Jan 2 but could I expect a sweeter deal with discounts? Are deals offered for early January resorts?
First is New Years...followed by the Marathon...then comes MLK weekend!

No real deals til after the MLK weekend.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #87
Trip 2 Disney
Mouseketeer

Count me in!! My DD will be turning sweet 16 end of Jan so we will be surprising her with this trip. Thinking about doing a combo trip part WDW & part Disney Cruise. :-) Eagerly awaiting Jan special!

Trip 2 Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #88
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

I need to book two rooms 'somewhere' early January. 1 night on the 11th (marathon weekend) and two on the Thursday and Friday after our 4 night cruise. I had originally booked the cruise the week prior but was shocked to see how high the rates were at Universal onsite hotels on Saturday, 1/4 and moved trip forward a week.

We've been to 'the world' before during marathon, the crowds seemed to thin out the Monday afterwards but started to get busier the Thursday prior imo. Also there over MLK weekend and the actual monday seemed very busy, perhaps locals?

re military question: shades of green (SOG) is likely the hotel you reference. Note that typically they open up reservations to be more inclusive (DD214 holders/honorable discharge). Not sure how fast the hotel books during January. The rates i'm seeing don't seem especially tempting for our purposesbut i'm comparing it to a moderate, really not sure if the hotel is supposed to be comparable to a onsite deluxe.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #89
rachlovestv
Mouseketeer

Count me in for January!! I'm running the Dopey for my 33rd birthday, and my parents are coming with me to celebrate! We'll be there Jan 7-13. So far we only have our airline tickets book. I think we'll likely call this week about book a room only, until the packages are released this summer. We're hoping to stay at Boardwalk - my mom's pick.

Thanks for the info about the pins, btw. I always see people on the boards talking about them, but could never figure out what they were or how you got one. I'll follow the advice and cross my fingers! It's not like making trip plans or ordering Disney DVDs is out of character for me anyways. :D I can tell that free dining will be a stretch, but a room discount would be awesome.

We actually did free dining last November and found it to be way too much food for us. I'm not used to having desserts with every meal, but it somehow seemed like such a waste to not get one when it was included. I think that's a psychological problem on my part. Obviously, we wouldn't turn it down if it was offered again, but the dining plan itself is not something we'd ever purchase. The idea of booking a ts meal for every day, just in case, is a good one, though. We were already planning on going back to Ohana and Yak and Yeti, regardless of our FD status, so maybe I'll pick out a few new places, just for fun.

I love planning! It's what I think about during my long runs!
rachlovestv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #90
Lizziejane
Funny how everyone is different
Then pack twice the cash, and you're good to go!

Quote:
First is New Years...followed by the Marathon...then comes MLK weekend!

No real deals til after the MLK weekend.
I'm not sure about that.... I looked at the January 2013 watch thread and there were tons of people reporting their discounts for early January - including the marathon weekend.
January, 2010 - BWV
January, 2014 - BWV - first trip for our DGD who will be 2!
Lizziejane is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: