Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #1126
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post
Hope your daughter's tonsillectomy went well!! Hopefully she will get lots of ice cream and popsicles!
Thanks to you and to MaryAnn (Mrs G) for the good wishes! Yes, lots of ice cream and popsicles and liquid Tylenol with codeine, for that matter . . . I think she'll recover quickly.

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #1127
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

My best activities booking/online checkin experience in 7 cruises! Easy, no technical issues, plenty of availability, and got to do online checkin right away (it used to be sometime around 3:00 AM ET, for some strange reason). I did have to change my passport expiration date to a random date in the future, because my current one is not valid past 90 days post cruise, as it showed up as an error. I am renewing in about a month or so, so I just put in a future date and luckily that worked for the system and I was able to complete the checkin and get the 11:00 AM port arrival time.

Definitely plenty of Palo availability for brunch & dinner. Both days I checked had all time slots available. I got my birthday dinner booked on July 15 and picked brunch for July 22 so they are pretty spread out.

So excited now I can't sleep. Checking in and booking Palo always makes me feel like the cruise is so close!!!

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #1128
tajz90
Mama D

I was a bit disappointed with the times left for the massages. Grrr. I wanted a massage earlier in the cruise, but I am not willing to be ready for an 8am appointment. Geez. I will check later.

However, I did book Delos Island which is the only excursion I really wanted with DCL. Yeah.

I also booked a Palo Brunch. Not sure if I will keep it though. I'm not wanting to bring dress clothes this time around. We will see.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #1129
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
OK, Palo booked and all checked in! There seemed to be plenty of Palo availability, for brunch and dinner. Also, for port arrival time, all times were open. Good luck to everyone Gold booking now, and EXTRA good luck (but hopefully you won't need it) for those booking later as Silver.

Yes, we are all booked, too! Palo, check-in, shore excursions we wanted....

But, to add to 'bellelinus' saying there is plenty of Palo and port arrival times (early times) available, as of now, the ONLY shore excursions that are booked up as of now is: Malta by Segway and the 16 passenger Private Vehicle excursions in both Rome and Athens (and I think there was a 3 passenger private vehicle booked up for Athens as well). But, all of the other excursions are open still!

Let's hope all of this availability stays this way so all the silvers can get what they want.
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #1130
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
I was a bit disappointed with the times left for the massages. Grrr. I wanted a massage earlier in the cruise, but I am not willing to be ready for an 8am appointment. Geez. I will check later.

In my past experience, some spa appointments open up once you get on the ship. I bet you could get a better time once you board the ship.... but I could be wrong. I've only used the spa a few times in all the cruises we've done, and all those times, I waited to book until I got on the ship, and I always got really desirable time slots. Yah, keep checking back... people cancel and change things, too. But, if you can't change it, just head to the spa once you board the ship on July 13 and I bet they will have openings that work better.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #1131
LovestoSail
Earning My Ears

What happened to Angels and Demons tour ??

Anyone know why the Angels and Demons tour wasn't listed for Rome ? that is the only one I really wanted. I'm disappointed.

April 2000 - WDW & Disney Magic - WDW Land/Sea
July 2002 - Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean
November 2003 - Disney Magic - Western Caribbean
July 2010 - Disney Magic; Baltic Cruise
July 2011 - Disney Wonder; Alaska
April 2012 - WDW
September 2012 - Disney Magic; New York -> Halifax, NS, St. John, NB
LovestoSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #1132
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post

Checking in and booking Palo always makes me feel like the cruise is so close!!!
I know! I always feel the same.... that checking in and booking everything does make the cruise feel like it's so much closer. I can't believe it really isn't that far away. We booked this Med cruise the day it came available for booking over a year ago! Back then, it seemed like light ages away, and now, here we are just a few months away from the cruise. Hard to believe!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #1133
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovestoSail View Post
Anyone know why the Angels and Demons tour wasn't listed for Rome ? that is the only one I really wanted. I'm disappointed.
Hmmmm..... that is strange. I wonder if they are still figuring out logistics of this tour, and it will be available for booking soon?? Just a thought? Or, maybe they decided to not offer it, but never took it out of the Port Adventure menu?

I would keep checking back to see if it shows up... or you could call Disney Cruises and ask.

That is too bad since it's the only one you really wanted... hopefully it'll show up! Good luck!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #1134
LovestoSail
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post
Hmmmm..... that is strange. I wonder if they are still figuring out logistics of this tour, and it will be available for booking soon?? Just a thought? Or, maybe they decided to not offer it, but never took it out of the Port Adventure menu?

I would keep checking back to see if it shows up... or you could call Disney Cruises and ask.

That is too bad since it's the only one you really wanted... hopefully it'll show up! Good luck!
Thanks LovesToRun, yes, I'll keep checking. reading over a 2000 page book.. and now not being able to do the tour will be a bummer. We could possibly do it on our own, but the logistics get tricky....

April 2000 - WDW & Disney Magic - WDW Land/Sea
July 2002 - Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean
November 2003 - Disney Magic - Western Caribbean
July 2010 - Disney Magic; Baltic Cruise
July 2011 - Disney Wonder; Alaska
April 2012 - WDW
September 2012 - Disney Magic; New York -> Halifax, NS, St. John, NB
LovestoSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #1135
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovestoSail View Post
Thanks LovesToRun, yes, I'll keep checking. reading over a 2000 page book.. and now not being able to do the tour will be a bummer. We could possibly do it on our own, but the logistics get tricky....
LovestoSail,

I just did a quick search on Google, and found this:

http://www.angelsanddemons.it/the_official_tour.aspx

Have no idea if this is the same thing as what the Disney excursion was, or if this works for someone coming from a cruise ship, or if this company/tour has good reviews or not, etc. etc., but it might be worth checking into, if Disney ended up cancelling this tour.

Again, hope it works out for you!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #1136
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
My best activities booking/online checkin experience in 7 cruises! Easy, no technical issues, plenty of availability, and got to do online checkin right away (it used to be sometime around 3:00 AM ET, for some strange reason). I did have to change my passport expiration date to a random date in the future, because my current one is not valid past 90 days post cruise, as it showed up as an error. I am renewing in about a month or so, so I just put in a future date and luckily that worked for the system and I was able to complete the checkin and get the 11:00 AM port arrival time.

Definitely plenty of Palo availability for brunch & dinner. Both days I checked had all time slots available. I got my birthday dinner booked on July 15 and picked brunch for July 22 so they are pretty spread out.

So excited now I can't sleep. Checking in and booking Palo always makes me feel like the cruise is so close!!!
I agree, the easiest yet. Tom and I looked at each other after checking and double checking 10 mins. in, thinking we must be forgetting something. Tried to check in last night but kept getting error. Just did it now and got 11-11:30 port arrival time so early times are still available.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #1137
bellelinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
I agree, the easiest yet. Tom and I looked at each other after checking and double checking 10 mins. in, thinking we must be forgetting something. Tried to check in last night but kept getting error. Just did it now and got 11-11:30 port arrival time so early times are still available.
MaryAnn, let's coordinate the first day on the ship and see if we can book a wine tasting together . . . and anyone else who is interested, too!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #1138
bellelinus

Let me add that I went on this morning around 8:30 to look at the Vista Spa and was able to book "Alone time" on a sea day for 2 PM, which is really good . . . most days had it available for 8 AM and 5:15, but the 2 PM slot was harder to get. I'm not sure about the availability for all spa appointments, but this is the one in the villa with the hot tub.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #1139
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
MaryAnn, let's coordinate the first day on the ship and see if we can book a wine tasting together . . . and anyone else who is interested, too!
Sounds like a plan, Julie!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #1140
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Hi everyone! Haven't checked in for a while!

Welcome to all the new cruisers. I noticed there are a few more boys my DS's age (13, almost 14 when we cruise). He'll be happy to hear that.

I was a day off for our booking day! I don't know why I thought it was tonight. I signed on yesterday afternoon to double check what we were going to book and saw that I could actually book it then. Fortunately, I was able to get all our excursions. Missed the time I wanted for the couple massage...like someone else mentioned the only times left were at 8:00 AM each morning. Way too early LOL We really have no interest in Palo so I didn't have to worry about that.

We are doing the following:
Villefranche: White River Rafting (boys), Perfumer Appretice(girls)...my DD is too young for the River Rafting
La Spezia: Explore Lucca & Pisa
Civitavecchia: Vatican City, Coliseum, & Catacombs
Athens: Acropolis w/ Youth Activity
Kusadasi: Archaeological Quest & Ephesus
Mykonos: Delos Island
Valletta: Turkish Schooner

I'm also stressing about the dress codes. The girls are easier, capris & sun dresses. It's my DS & DH that are hard. I'm going to check out Old Navy online now for DS. DH is a whiner with the heat....yet this cruise was his idea & he's the one that wants to go to the Vatican. He may just have to suck it up & wear slacks.

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: