Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
mystikgarden
DIS Veteran

HELP!! DDP ?? Leaving now!!

Hi!! We are leaving for the world NOW!!

I waited and waited and called Disney to add on DDP and the nice man on the phone said I couldn't do that. "It is a strict Disney regulation and has to be done 6 days prior to arrival date."

Is this true? We get to our resort at about 5:30 this evening, is Disney really not going to take our money for the dining plan today?!

TIA
mystikgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikgarden View Post
Hi!! We are leaving for the world NOW!!

I waited and waited and called Disney to add on DDP and the nice man on the phone said I couldn't do that. "It is a strict Disney regulation and has to be done 6 days prior to arrival date."

Is this true? We get to our resort at about 5:30 this evening, is Disney really not going to take our money for the dining plan today?!

TIA
The DDP has to be added at least 3 days prior to arrival, so if you are arriving today, it's not possible to get the DDP.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Does anyone know why you can't add it a few days prior to arrival?

Is it because they believe you wouldn't be able to get ADRs that late? I know they can change your tickets at any time, and they don't print your room keys till you check in, so why can't you add the DP at the last minute? I'm sure they have a good reason, I just can't figure out what it is...
Old 03-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
mystikgarden
DIS Veteran

We have all of our ADR's I've just been so busy this last week I haven't been able to call Disney to add on the dining plan. I hope the front desk at our resort can work some magic...
Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have all of our ADR's I've just been so busy this last week I haven't been able to call Disney to add on the dining plan. I hope the front desk at our resort can work some magic...
There is no "magic" that the front desk CM can do to get the DDP added to your room at check in. I don't know what the reason is for having to add the DDP so many days prior to arrival, but if it's not done at least 3 days before, it is not possible to get it.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

It's Disney policy. The FD can't work magic unfortunately - they don't have the ability to. If you were wavering on the DP all the way up until this point and have your reservations made just pay OOP and know for next time. They're still getting your money either at the restaurant or for the DDP so no, they really won't take your money today for the ddp. It truly is a firm no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
There is no "magic" that the front desk CM can do to get the DDP added to your room at check in. I don't know what the reason is for having to add the DDP so many days prior to arrival, but if it's not done at least 3 days before, it is not possible to get it.
Absolutely 100% correct.

I imagine it has something to do with the actual ticket/dp/room key being made and personalized prior to arrival.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
mystikgarden
DIS Veteran

Thanks all. Lots of great info. Deep breathing over here lol
Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks all. Lots of great info. Deep breathing over here lol
Woo Sah! (is that how you spell it? ) You'll have a great trip regardless. Nothing to stress about now!

Enjoy your vacay!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
JennyL1984
Earning My Ears

If you are a Florida Resident you can purchase the Tables in Wonderland Card. It is $125 but saves 20% on many restaurants. I am not sure if the $100 for Annual Passholders rate applies if you are an AP and out of state.
JennyL1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
swebb0310
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyL1984
If you are a Florida Resident you can purchase the Tables in Wonderland Card. It is $125 but saves 20% on many restaurants. I am not sure if the $100 for Annual Passholders rate applies if you are an AP and out of state.
We are out of state passholders and got it for $100.
swebb0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

I know the OP is already in the World - but I think it is worth repeating for those just reading this now. You absolutely cannot add the Dining Plan when you check in. Twice I have seen folks at the front desk arguing, pleading and even one poor woman crying - about not being able to add it when you check in. If you want the Dining Plan - Be SURE to add it at least 3 days prior to your arrival. Although after reading the OP's post, I wonder if they changed it to 6 days?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
I know the OP is already in the World - but I think it is worth repeating for those just reading this now. You absolutely cannot add the Dining Plan when you check in. Twice I have seen folks at the front desk arguing, pleading and even one poor woman crying - about not being able to add it when you check in. If you want the Dining Plan - Be SURE to add it at least 3 days prior to your arrival. Although after reading the OP's post, I wonder if they changed it to 6 days?
Still 72 hours prior to arrival
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #13
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears
Why would someone cry? You can still buy food!
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Why would someone cry? You can still buy food!
I've seen it too and was totally baffled by it. It's not like you aren't allowed to eat without the DDP! If you have money to pay at the desk just use it for the food
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I think people just get it in their heads that that is the way their vacation will be. I really don't understand why you would wait until the last minute to book it, if you know you want it. Is there certain reservations that you have to wait until closer to time?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: