Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #16
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

March 23 Continued: UH OH!! What did I do!!!

Up next we decided to go ride Alice in Wonderland. (Sorry no pictures. ) We managed to chase the White Rabbit down the rabbit whole and made it past the Queen of Hearts with our heads still attached. We als0 survived a Merry Unbirthday Party where instead of candles they used dynamite!!! UH OH!!! That crazy Mad Hatter!!

After that my DD wanted to ride the Tea Cups. So off went my DH, DD and baby DS to ride. While they were on it I took some video and pictures.

Jeremy seeing if the White Rabbit was home.

I guess no one is home.

Hereís DH, DD and Baby DS (guess I shouldnít be calling him a baby anymore since he is 2 Ĺ).

Then I had a major OH SHOOT moment!!! I dropped the camera right on the lens!!! The next couple pictures turned out like this:

Needless to say DH wasnít too happy with me and was trying to figure out WTH I had done and if the camera was going to work again. So while I took DD to the potty he messed with the camera.

Thank goodness he got it working again!!! (Thatís Alice in Wonderland to the right and the Matterhorn to the left and we were looking towards the front of the park.)

Proving the camera still worked:

At this time we went and rode the Storybook Boats (sorry no pictures, Iíll try to pull some from other trips to share) and then back into Fantasyland to ride Casey Jrs. Train. Itís cute and James and DH are train fans so we try to ride it at least once a trip.

Waiting to get on.

We were caged like a bunch of monkeys!!

After that we finally went and rode the Happiest cruise that ever sailed: Itís a Small World (again no pictures). Sarah was finally happy as we were riding her favorite ride. Afterwards we decided to meet a Princess we havenít taken the time to see yet: Merida.

She went to say Hi to Jeremy but he was being shy! This boy does not like to meet the princesses.

Up next weíre off to see some more friends and James gets to ride his first coaster!!! Does he like it?

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #17
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Glad you got your camera working again !!

My dd loved the Alice ride .. one of her reasons for going all the way to California ..

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Glad you got your camera working again !!

My dd loved the Alice ride .. one of her reasons for going all the way to California ..
I'm glad he got it working too or else we were going to have to go buy a new one that day because I was not going to go the whole trip with just our phone's to take pictures.

Any reason to come to Disneyland is a good reason!! If she hasn't been since Carsland opened she needs to come back because that is just a great area!!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Carsland was MY reason for going .. it was awesome !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #20
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Carsland was MY reason for going .. it was awesome !!
Glad you got to see it!!! My kids love to say they are in the movie!!! They did a great job on it!

Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #21
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Awesome!! I figure anyone that's driven down to the LA Area from our areas either take I-5 or HWY 99. We take 5 since it's closer to us. I love my van!! I don't know what I would do without it and all the space we have in it!

We only go down I-5, HWY 99 is so much slower. I love ours too.

Your kids have the prettiest blue eyes.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #22
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
We only go down I-5, HWY 99 is so much slower. I love ours too.

Your kids have the prettiest blue eyes.
Thank you! The joke around here is if they have brown eyes they belong to the mailman!! Reason is because my DH and I both have blue eyes also.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Easter!!! We are thinking of heading back to Great America tomorrow for their Easter festivities!! That is if the rain stay's away!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 01:34 AM   #23
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great updates

You certainly got a lot done in a short amount of time - it obviously paid off being at the gates super early!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 AM   #24
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great updates

You certainly got a lot done in a short amount of time - it obviously paid off being at the gates super early!
We did!! We have found getting up early helps get us on almost anything we want.

I forgot to post this but at 8:30 am I posted this to FB:

Only 8:30 am and we've already ridden everything in Fantasyland!! Waiting for Jeff and Jeremy to get off Matterhorn. Next up It's a Small World.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #25
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thank you! The joke around here is if they have brown eyes they belong to the mailman!! Reason is because my DH and I both have blue eyes also.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Easter!!! We are thinking of heading back to Great America tomorrow for their Easter festivities!! That is if the rain stay's away!!!
Sounds like home.

We got hit hard with the rain last night. The thunder was so loud and so close that our house shook. I am not normally afraid but last night I was. I hope the rain held off enough for you all to enjoy Great America.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
ladylyons

Quote:
Sounds like home.

We got hit hard with the rain last night. The thunder was so loud and so close that our house shook. I am not normally afraid but last night I was. I hope the rain held off enough for you all to enjoy Great America.
Got to keep it fun!!

We got hit with the rain also. Not much thunder but it did really come down. Last night before we went to bed DH checked the weather and said it was going to rain so we weren't going to go but then when the kids woke us up this morning (excited because the Easter bunny came) my DH rechecked the weather and said it was supposed to hold off until about 2 pm. So we took the chance and went. The park was not crowded at all!!! We walked onto everything we wanted to ride and we got to see the Easter Beagle (Snoopy)!!! I'll have to post some pictures once I have them off the camera. Oh and we did get rain after we got home around 3 pm!! Hope your having a Happy Easter Michele!!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #27
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Got to keep it fun!!

We got hit with the rain also. Not much thunder but it did really come down. Last night before we went to bed DH checked the weather and said it was going to rain so we weren't going to go but then when the kids woke us up this morning (excited because the Easter bunny came) my DH rechecked the weather and said it was supposed to hold off until about 2 pm. So we took the chance and went. The park was not crowded at all!!! We walked onto everything we wanted to ride and we got to see the Easter Beagle (Snoopy)!!! I'll have to post some pictures once I have them off the camera. Oh and we did get rain after we got home around 3 pm!! Hope your having a Happy Easter Michele!!

I am so glad you got lucky with the weather! I am surprised to hear that it wasn't busy. I know that Easter is one of the busiest days at Disneyland. I wouldn't be there for anything on a holiday. I arrived on Presidents Day in 2011 and it was crazy busy. The next day it was as slow as it had been busy the day before. I look forward to seeing the pictures. I haven't been to Great America for years. Happy Easter!!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #28
ladylyons

Quote:
I am so glad you got lucky with the weather! I am surprised to hear that it wasn't busy. I know that Easter is one of the busiest days at Disneyland. I wouldn't be there for anything on a holiday. I arrived on Presidents Day in 2011 and it was crazy busy. The next day it was as slow as it had been busy the day before. I look forward to seeing the pictures. I haven't been to Great America for years. Happy Easter!!

We think the threat of rain kept everyone home!! But I do know over the last few years that we've had season passes we've never had huge crowds. I think they are hoping with the new Niner's stadium going up right next door and the new roller coaster that is due to open in May that will bring the crowds back. We also tend to go first thing in the morning and then leave around 2 pm so if their are crowds we don't ever really deal with them. Once my DH get's the chance to get the pictures off the camera I'll be sure to post some!!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #29
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
We think the threat of rain kept everyone home!! But I do know over the last few years that we've had season passes we've never had huge crowds. I think they are hoping with the new Niner's stadium going up right next door and the new roller coaster that is due to open in May that will bring the crowds back. We also tend to go first thing in the morning and then leave around 2 pm so if their are crowds we don't ever really deal with them. Once my DH get's the chance to get the pictures off the camera I'll be sure to post some!!
Maybe it is the morning. We have Six Flags Discovery Kingdom about 20 miles from here and we haven't been there for years. I am not a fan. The season passes are a great prices and all but everything else is outrageous. To me the park is always dirty and the rides breakdown quite a bit.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #30
ladylyons

Quote:
Maybe it is the morning. We have Six Flags Discovery Kingdom about 20 miles from here and we haven't been there for years. I am not a fan. The season passes are a great prices and all but everything else is outrageous. To me the park is always dirty and the rides breakdown quite a bit.
Don't worry Great America is no Disneyland!!! The last time I was at Discovery Kingdom I was approx. 6 months pregnant with DD. We were comparing the 3 parks and in order of cleanliness/guests we found Discovery Kingdom to be the worse with Great America being just a step up and of course Disneyland being the best of the 3!! I'd like to take the kids back to Discovery Kingdom just for the shows and the animals but I know the zoo is probably a better place to go for that. We did look into passes there a few years ago but Great America had the better value and I don't have to pay to go over a bridge!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: