DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
MMcCarthy
DIS Veteran

Vow renew aulani

Staying at aulani for our 25 and in laws 50. I wanted to set up a vow renewal ceremony. In laws are very Roman Catholic. After talking with cm at resort, I found out that there is not a really close Roman Catholic parish. Cm recommended non denominational capel next door. I mentioned that to in laws and it was not well received. Anyone have experience at aulani with Roman Catholic parish. How far away is it really? Thanks
Offsite 12/1998 mini honeymoon--first time I had been to WDW, All Star Sports 8/98-20+ family mbrs--first time for our kids, OKW 8/2000--brother & his family with our kids--commando style, DCL 4 night wonder 11/2003--just the four of us--absolutely paradise, DCL 3 night wonder 4/2004--mother & sister & nephew--too little time too much to do, VB 6/2004--first time home--should have bought much earlier, OKW April 2005 with inlaws--best vacation ever, WLV Aug 2005 with neice & nephew--hottest every, SSR April 2005 with inlaws and neice--wonderful trip, Disney Magic Double Dip Dec 2006--paradise found, BCV Dec 2006--MVMCP--wonderful, AKV August 2007--Daughter's 16 birthday trip, April 2008 VB--most relaxing vacation yet, August 2008-OKW--inlaws & DF--1st time home since losing mom, December 2008 (New Years)--HHI--almost whole family, nice & relaxing, April 2009 AKV & VWL-Girl Scouts Senior trip--extremely hectic, March 2010-AKV-first time at the lodge with inlaws, what a trip, April 2011-AKV-had to see Harry Potter world, disappointed, December 2011-SS-inlaws at Christmas-priceless

MMcCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I'm not familiar with RC requirements, but does the renewal HAVE to take place inside a church? I mean, in the church's view, you're already married, so could a priest come to the resort, or meet you in a lovely natural outdoor area nearby for an outside renewal?

I hope your in-laws also consider that you're already married, and that a renewal is really a ceremony to honor the couple and their marriage, and are usually more fun and less formal.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
I'm not familiar with RC requirements, but does the renewal HAVE to take place inside a church? I mean, in the church's view, you're already married, so could a priest come to the resort, or meet you in a lovely natural outdoor area nearby for an outside renewal?

I hope your in-laws also consider that you're already married, and that a renewal is really a ceremony to honor the couple and their marriage, and are usually more fun and less formal.
That's what I was thinking!! You're already married what does it matter on a vow renewal where it's done? Lots & lots of people do a renewal on cruises or on beaches in a more casual setting.

OP - if your in-laws are that uptight maybe you could just do your own thing and not worry about including them?

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Yes, we went to a Catholic Church twice during our Aulani stay. The Pastor was warm and inviting, and went to college and seminary in the mainland, so loved to ask folks where they were from, and relating whether he'd visited there state or not. it was a very simple Church, with Hawaiian traditions woven in throughout the Masses we attended. It was about 20 minutes away. St. Rita's. I googled Catholic Churches in Oahu, and then figured out where we would be. PM me if you want more info.
DisneyBelle99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

I am Catholic and we have done 2 vow renewals. Neither time did we have a priest present...our priest blessed us at our church in RI before our trip. Do you think your in-laws would be open to that?

Just a thought.

Cheryl

DisneyBelle99....our home church here in RI is St. Rita....Now I am really looking forward to going there!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: