Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #2086
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb View Post
I would love to have that rate or something close next May too! Thanks. I'm pretty sure I paid around $250 pernight plus resort fee at Easter last year which was still a massive bargain over any of the Epcot Disney resorts. I hope your May trip is lots of fun this year!!
Thank you! I'm going with my best and oldest friend and know we will have a great time. I'm looking forward to F&G with all the new food offerings...and drinks. From looking at prices for this May, it looked like the first week had better prices than later on. The $151 rate seemed to be during the first week. Maybe you can try to plan for early May. In any case, I'm pretty sure it will be less than Easter.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #2087
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
I am paying $151 per night (without fees, taxes etc.) for May 1-8. I'm also getting a $50 resort credit to use because it was for at least five nights. I think that AAA discount is now up to $167 if I'm remembering correctly. The nurse discount was $169 per night at the lowest point (again, if my memory serves, which is sometimes a little iffy).

RachelTori, I used the nurse discount at the Swan last June because it was a better rate than AAA. Actually, the Swan was a better rate than the Dolphin at that time as well. You just never know...
I got the same $151 AAA rate (first 3 days of May) -- checking the website, the AAA rate is $183.20 now!!!

I am always surprised when the Swan is lower than Dolphin, but it does happen. I agree: Best to always check both and check every possible discount you're eligible for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb View Post
I would love to have that rate or something close next May too! Thanks. I'm pretty sure I paid around $250 pernight plus resort fee at Easter last year which was still a massive bargain over any of the Epcot Disney resorts. I hope your May trip is lots of fun this year!!
Rates are usually always higher around holidays and school breaks. Rates can also be high if there's a convention or other event at that time and availability is very limited.

Make sure you're signed up to receive their emails. Once in awhile they will have a terrific promotion and will alert you by email. They also send out a recipe each month and I always scroll down - I have found a couple of great offers hidden in those emails!! It doesn't happen often, but when it does....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
Thank you! I'm going with my best and oldest friend and know we will have a great time. I'm looking forward to F&G with all the new food offerings...and drinks. From looking at prices for this May, it looked like the first week had better prices than later on. The $151 rate seemed to be during the first week. Maybe you can try to plan for early May. In any case, I'm pretty sure it will be less than Easter.
I can't wait to try the new food/beverage booths! Safe travels and maybe I'll see you there!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #2088
Dan Murphy
We are family.

One week left to go before heading there.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #2089
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Dan, Have a great time. Report back on which drinks & snacks are best at F&G!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #2090
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Safe travels, Dan, and have a wonderful time!

Would love to hear your impressions of the new offerings at F&G this year!

Old 03-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #2091
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great trip!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #2092
gilsan
DIS Veteran

For those that have used the nurse rate what did you use for ID at check in. Is hospital ID and pay stub enough.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
Old 03-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #2093
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsan View Post
For those that have used the nurse rate what did you use for ID at check in. Is hospital ID and pay stub enough.
I used my RN license last June. I didn't have a pay stub because our payroll is all direct deposit with no paper. I think it says on the Swan/Dolphin site what they require for ID.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #2094
princesskarade
Earning My Ears

My sister and I are hoping to stay at the one of these hotels in December. We started looking at this hotel because I had been told about the teacher rate, and even though this will not work during this time it seems it is still one of the best deals.

We are trying to do it as economically reasonable as possible. One of the things we working thinking about doing is starting and ending our stay at one of the all stars. I am wondering if others have done this - seems to us that this might be one of the cheapest ways to get to the park - taking the shuttle and then transferring the next day to the swan by taxi. Part of our reasoning for this would be because since we are flying from Seattle, the first and last day are pretty wasted and we never spend them in the park. Has anyone done this? If so, did it work well?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #2095
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Hello

When do the discounts for October usually come out and do u pay for parking when u get there or at check out?

AoA LM Sept/Oct 2012
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 04-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #2096
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskarade View Post
My sister and I are hoping to stay at the one of these hotels in December. We started looking at this hotel because I had been told about the teacher rate, and even though this will not work during this time it seems it is still one of the best deals.

We are trying to do it as economically reasonable as possible. One of the things we working thinking about doing is starting and ending our stay at one of the all stars. I am wondering if others have done this - seems to us that this might be one of the cheapest ways to get to the park - taking the shuttle and then transferring the next day to the swan by taxi. Part of our reasoning for this would be because since we are flying from Seattle, the first and last day are pretty wasted and we never spend them in the park. Has anyone done this? If so, did it work well?
Welcome to the DIS! Yes, we often book Value stays for arrival day then again for the final day! The only inconvenience to me is that I have several hours each time without a room. Not an issue at all for me! I don't ever rent a car, so having Magical Express is very helpful!

I do use a taxi (bringing my luggage with me) -- although you could also have the resort transfer your luggage and use Disney transportation to get around. I prefer to have my luggage with me - even if my room isn't ready; I just store it with Bell Services till I get a room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
When do the discounts for October usually come out and do u pay for parking when u get there or at check out?
I have often found discounts are available by January -- but I always keep checking, even after I've made my reservation and gotten a good deal. You never know when a better discount might come along!

Swan and Dolphin bill differently than the Disney Resorts. When you check in to the Disney-owned resorts for your room-only reservation, the balance you owe for room & tax is charged immediately. At Swan & Dolphin, each day is charged that day. The parking charge and resort fee are also added daily and the total bill is charged to your credit card on the day of check-out.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #2097
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I'm counting down the days until our big move and working through the details of getting that moving van into the Dolphin. I've decided to leave on Friday instead of Saturday so I can have 2 nights at the Dolphin! Anyway, when I arrive with the UHaul, can I go directly to the parking lot on the left to park and then hoof it in to reception or do I need to have a room key to get the barrier open. I can't remember if there's a person there at the gate or not. Thanks!!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #2098
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Is 215 a night a good price for the swan for October/November that's a CAA Rate .
Also what is a Hollywood Bath

AoA LM Sept/Oct 2012
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #2099
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Is 215 a night a good price for the swan for October/November that's a CAA Rate .
Also what is a Hollywood Bath
$215 is a decent rate, but you might be able to find a slightly lower rate later. I book, then keep checking -- sometimes I'll do better; but if not, I'm locked in should the rates climb (and they often do). What is the rack rate for your dates?

For early November, I have a teacher rate at Dolphin of $179 plus tax ($201.38 I believe was my deposit - the $14 resort fee doesn't get added in until you're there.) Rack was $209+tax and AAA rate was $188+tax for the same dates. Swan is about $20/night more for those dates (rack is $229, AAA is $206, Teacher rate is $199).

A Hollywood Bath has one sink in the bathtub/commode room and also a sink in the vanity area just outside the bathroom. The 2 sinks is a definite plus for Swan over Dolphin!

Last edited by RachelTori; 04-01-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #2100
patty57
DIS Veteran

Resort fee increased today

Resort fee increase today up to $17 plus tax per day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: