Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #796
delilah18
Mouseketeer

Hello

Two questions looked at buzzs site and couldn't find the answers does Coranado have any resort specific merchandise? Also where the elevators located in the cabanas section?

Thanks

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013
delilah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #797
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
If staying business class does anyone know if merchandise, you purchase in the parks and get shipped back to your resort, will get delivered to your room (like a Club level would) or would you still have to go to the gift shop to pick up your packages?
I don't know the answer but have you tried posting your question on Buzz's Coronado site? He seems to know just about everything about the resort and is really quick to respond. Good luck! I hope the answer is that they deliver to your room because I'm doing business class in May!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #798
Agusia
Earning My Ears

Hi,

First trip in July to WDW and staying at CSR. We are very excited for our trip We have 2 small kids DD 4 and DS 6. I looked at the map prior to making reservations and requested Cabanas 9B or 8A/8B. It's important for us to be close to the main pool and bus stop. After reading this thread I realized that 9B is a preferred site. Should I call back and cancel that request? Also, would earlier check-in help our luck in getting our request rooms? I must take that into consideration when booking flights. Thank you for your help.

Agnes

Last edited by Agusia; 03-30-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Agusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #799
andigomeep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusia View Post
Hi,

First trip in July to WSW and staying at CSR. We are very excited for our trip We have 2 small kids DD 4 and DS 6. I looked at the map prior to making reservations and requested Cabanas 9B or 8A/8B. It's important for us to be close to the main pool and bus stop. After reading this thread I realized that 9B is a preferred site. Should I call back and cancel that request? Also, would earlier check-in help our luck in getting our request rooms? I must take that into consideration when booking flights. Thank you for your help.

Agnes

I wouldn't bother calling to cancel that request. When you do online check-in you'll be given the chance to do two requests, you can pick Cabanas (but not the building number), and close to transportation or close to pool. Those requests seem more likely to get fulfilled then ones put on your reservation when you booked. Also it asks if you'd like a room ready when you arrive - giving the option for those arriving early to have a room, I assume - or if you would like to prioritize your requests.

You also have the chance to ask at check in if there are any rooms in your preferred location, if your requests weren't met.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
andigomeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #800
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusia View Post
Hi,

First trip in July to WSW and staying at CSR. We are very excited for our trip We have 2 small kids DD 4 and DS 6. I looked at the map prior to making reservations and requested Cabanas 9B or 8A/8B. It's important for us to be close to the main pool and bus stop. After reading this thread I realized that 9B is a preferred site. Should I call back and cancel that request? Also, would earlier check-in help our luck in getting our request rooms? I must take that into consideration when booking flights. Thank you for your help.

Agnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by andigomeep View Post
I wouldn't bother calling to cancel that request. When you do online check-in you'll be given the chance to do two requests, you can pick Cabanas (but not the building number), and close to transportation or close to pool. Those requests seem more likely to get fulfilled then ones put on your reservation when you booked. Also it asks if you'd like a room ready when you arrive - giving the option for those arriving early to have a room, I assume - or if you would like to prioritize your requests.

You also have the chance to ask at check in if there are any rooms in your preferred location, if your requests weren't met.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
That is correct!

However, I would call back and change the request. 9B is only for Business Class -- the requests should be listed in order of importance so I'd want "9B" off my list! When you do online check-in, you are only allowed to choose 2 of the options. So if Cabanas 8A/8B was already listed as your request, then you could just add "near transportation" and "near pool" during online check-in. (anyway, that's what I would do! )

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #801
andigomeep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
That is correct!

However, I would call back and change the request. 9B is only for Business Class -- the requests should be listed in order of importance so I'd want "9B" off my list! When you do online check-in, you are only allowed to choose 2 of the options. So if Cabanas 8A/8B was already listed as your request, then you could just add "near transportation" and "near pool" during online check-in. (anyway, that's what I would do! )
I've got requests on my reservation as well as what I requested during online check in, but I wondered if they're actually going to pay attention to the ones on the reservation or if they're going to focus more on what's asked for during online check in? Does anyone know? I figured it was Disney's way of streamlining the request process.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #802
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If staying business class does anyone know if merchandise, you purchase in the parks and get shipped back to your resort, will get delivered to your room (like a Club level would) or would you still have to go to the gift shop to pick up your packages?
According to Buzz's site, you still need to pick up packages at Panchito's.
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #803
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
According to Buzz's site, you still need to pick up packages at Panchito's.
Thanks for this...was just about to search Buzz's sight.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #804
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by andigomeep View Post
I've got requests on my reservation as well as what I requested during online check in, but I wondered if they're actually going to pay attention to the ones on the reservation or if they're going to focus more on what's asked for during online check in? Does anyone know? I figured it was Disney's way of streamlining the request process.
I would try to keep the requests the same. Or else they will have no way of knowing which ones are the most important. It is never a great idea to make more than a couple of requests, that just lessens the odds of getting them met.

If someone goes crazy and requests "Third floor West facing room near the elevator with a view of the pool looking right, and four palm trees looking right not more than 20 steps away from the food court " the room assigners are just as likely to throw up their hands and go "Whatever, crazy person. Here is your room". And give them the first room they see.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #805
andigomeep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

I would try to keep the requests the same. Or else they will have no way of knowing which ones are the most important. It is never a great idea to make more than a couple of requests, that just lessens the odds of getting them met.

If someone goes crazy and requests "Third floor West facing room near the elevator with a view of the pool looking right, and four palm trees looking right not more than 20 steps away from the food court " the room assigners are just as likely to throw up their hands and go "Whatever, crazy person. Here is your room". And give them the first room they see.
That's what I figured, lol. I made the same requests on my reservation as during online check in. Except I did ask for bed rails on the reservation, is there ever any problem getting them?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #806
Agusia
Earning My Ears

Thanks Everyone. So I didn't know about the online check in and requests. I figured the check in was face-to-face with CM upon arrival to resort and that is when they assigned you your room. I will call and change the request on my booking to take 9B off, right? I'm just hoping for a good location because my kids although not lazy get worn out quickly in hot weather and we are not taking a stroller. Fingers crossed.
Agusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #807
KMarston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusia
Thanks Everyone. So I didn't know about the online check in and requests. I figured the check in was face-to-face with CM upon arrival to resort and that is when they assigned you your room. I will call and change the request on my booking to take 9B off, right? I'm just hoping for a good location because my kids although not lazy get worn out quickly in hot weather and we are not taking a stroller. Fingers crossed.
We got here at 8 am to get our KTTW cards and head to Blizzard Beach. I had done online check in and had reserved a water view room. It was our first bit of pixie dust to find our room was ready and waiting! I was so surprised to find no wait. I literally walked up, showed my ID and they handed me my pack.i did not request a specific area though. We ended up in 8b which I'm completely satisfied with.nwe don't have littles though
Old 03-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #808
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Hello

Two questions looked at buzzs site and couldn't find the answers does Coranado have any resort specific merchandise? Also where the elevators located in the cabanas section?

Thanks
Not sure about the elevators but CSR does have resort specific merchandise in the gift shop (clothing, mugs, etc).

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #809
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Hello

Thanks
I have stayed at CSR 4 times but in buildings 3,5,7a and 7b. The elevators were all in the centers with ice machine/soda/snack in a room adjacent. I will be in 9b this Wednesday so I will verify, but I am guessing the elevators will be in the center because pictures show the stairs on the ends of the buildings.

I will look for resort mdse too, dd loves to shop!

Trish
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #810
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not sure about the elevators but CSR does have resort specific merchandise in the gift shop (clothing, mugs, etc).
I thought Disney got rid of most of the resort specific stuff in place of WDW stuff.
Buddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: