Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #2656
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Can anyone tell me why Burnell added an m to every word and no one said anything about it?
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
Old 03-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #2657
sms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
Can anyone tell me why Burnell added an m to every word and no one said anything about it?
I thought the same thing. Drove me crazym!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #2658
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Quote:
THANK YOU!! That was so annoying. "My Cherie Armourm. Pretty little one that I adorm. You're the only girl my heart beats form..."
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 03-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #2659
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

me too!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #2660
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Im don'tm knowm.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #2661
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

hi. I'm always going to be late, but I have to voice how appalled I am at Devin going home before Lazaro!! I really don't think VFTW has any impact on this show. I can remember seasons when it seemed like they changed their contestant every week because they couldn't keep anyone safe. I think it is more the sympathy vote keeping him safe with VFTW being a very teeny part of his votes.

I also don't get Angie. I don't get her! At all! And I can't seem to pay attention when she sings so I don't see getting her in the near future.

My husband has been anti-Nikki all season, and I've defended her every week, but after her rude comment to Kree, I am off that. She can go with Lazaro, asap.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #2662
ski_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
My husband has been anti-Nikki all season, and I've defended her every week, but after her rude comment to Kree, I am off that. She can go with Lazaro, asap.

OK, I have to know - what did she say to Kree? I saw it talked about earlier in this thread and tried to find a link online. I didn't pay enough attention when we watched it Wednesday and DH already deleted it.

At any rate, I can't find a link and I'm dying to know!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #2663
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

Nickis comments to Kree

Did Nicki throw some shade to Mariah when she said, “…and when you did the Madonna song, you were up there, next to my darling Marshmallow, and you didn’t budge…when you can stand next to a beautiful woman who also sings, and not be insecure and confident in who you are, you’re a queen too.”

Video http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x...12-top-8_music

Mandy

Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #2664
mandy200587
Can find any present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
hi. I'm always going to be late, but I have to voice how appalled I am at Devin going home before Lazaro!! I really don't think VFTW has any impact on this show. I can remember seasons when it seemed like they changed their contestant every week because they couldn't keep anyone safe. I think it is more the sympathy vote keeping him safe with VFTW being a very teeny part of his votes.

I also don't get Angie. I don't get her! At all! And I can't seem to pay attention when she sings so I don't see getting her in the near future.

The last season that I really remember them being semi successful was season 9 with Tim urban but I also think he had the cougar and tween vote too

Mandy

Old 03-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #2665
ski_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Nickis comments to Kree

Did Nicki throw some shade to Mariah when she said, “…and when you did the Madonna song, you were up there, next to my darling Marshmallow, and you didn’t budge…when you can stand next to a beautiful woman who also sings, and not be insecure and confident in who you are, you’re a queen too.”

Video http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x...12-top-8_music
Thanks! Yeah, I really wish Nikki would just go away!

I also re-listened to Burnell and his "M" endings Very Strange!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #2666
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

I am so glad someone else mentioned Burnell and his phrasing of words. It drove me nuts and I figured since no one was mentioning it maybe I was hearing things wrong. I was thinking maybe it was just an accent or something.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #2667
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
Nicki's voice bugs me but what REALLY bugs me about her is how she tries to make it the Nicki Show. She seems to crave attention and looks like a spoiled child whenever someone else is getting more attention than she is. Believe me, I tried to like her, I actually thought she was hysterical on Saturday Night Live and on Fashion Police. But her unnecessary flirting and ridiculous nicknames are a turn off. Most of all I HATE those accents she turns on and off! STOP!!
Totally agree!! I can't stand Nikki's voice and she is soooooo rude to the other judges not just Mariah but Keith and Randy too. It's like no one else is allowed to have an opinion. I actually think she waits to hear what the others say and then intentionally says something opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post
I also thought Lazaro was going home (actually should have gone a few weeks ago).
Told DH that Lazaro needs to Laza-GO. LOL! he just does not have the same level of talent as everybody else. He seems so awkward and nervous all the time. I don't think he should have made it into the top 10 at all.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #2668
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
This is a link to MJ's blog but they have screencaps of Nicki's rude butt tweets and Devin's response http://www.mjsbigblog.com/nicki-mina...e-gracious.htm
I cannot believe I read that.... someone GOUGE my eyes out...

Quote:
He does use some STRANGE phonetics. I spent some time online listening to his voice on youtube without looking at him and learned to like his strangeness.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #2669
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Okay, being a classic rock fan, I've tried to think of the songs everyone should do and I think I have Lazaro's down. Since he so often struggle with lyrics, the obvious choice is...........

Hocus Pocus by Focus! If he messes it up, nobody will know! It's perfect!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #2670
mandy200587
Can find any present!

Fantasia will be on the results show on the 18th of April.

Also we need a bit of fluff in this thread:

Quote:

Aretha Franklin's not the only boldfaced name pulling for American Idol's Kree Harrison: The season-12 front-runner also has a fan in Idol season-five alum—and current Dancing With the Stars standout—Kellie Pickler.
"She's one of my good friends," reveals Harrison, who met Pickler a couple of years ago through a mutual friend in their adopted hometown of Nashville. "She's a doll. I adore her. She's literally the sweetest woman. She's inspiring in so many ways."
It seems Pickler's also full of good advice on how to survive the overnight fame that comes with being an Idol finalist. "More so than anything, [she said], ‘Stay true to who you are,'" Harrison told us. "I've gotten that a lot because I am a humble person, and that's not going to change. It won't, just because I'm surrounded by such amazing people in my life that wouldn't let me."
Backstage at American Idol: Devin Velez sounds off on why Nicki Minaj didn't vote to save him
Might the two pals be voting for each other in their respective TV competitions? "Yeah!" Harrison says with a laugh. "We've decided that if we win, which I know she's going to win Dancing With the Stars, we're going to go get matching tattoos!"
While they haven't yet settled on what ink they'd get, the pair will likely have plenty of time to figure it out. With Idol and Dancing shooting in adjacent studios in Los Angeles, Harrison and Pickler frequently text each other to arrange meetups during their downtime.
"She's come and met everyone [at Idol], too," Harrison says. And it seems Pickler has grown particularly fond of another unaffected country singer from the South. "She loves Janelle [Arthur]," Harrison says. "They remind me a lot of each other. They're both really witty."
http://www.eonline.com/news/402839/w...tching-tattoos

Mandy

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: