Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

Best approach?

A couple months ago we booked 5 nights at AKL in August through AAA. On April 2, when the general discounts come out, am I better off booking it myself and then canceling the AAA? Or, do I just ask my AAA agent to get the discount applied to our current reservation?
Also, we are thinking of possibly switching from AKL to Poly (if I calculated correctly, Poly would cost about the same as what we are currently paying for AKL, so we wouldn't save but we would be able to stay at Poly instead). Would this make a difference as far as handling it myself or having the agent do it all?
If we do make the switch, do they cancel and then rebook? (I have a reservation for CRT that is linked to our current reservation number - we have dining plan.)

This is only our 2nd trip and we haven't had to do any of this before...

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
nonsmom
Mouseketeer

I would ask the agent to make the changes for you. He/she has already done the work & will not any commission if you cancel and book it yourself. The agent should be able to just call Disney & add the new code to the rate and make any changes you would like.
1974-1999 - Off Property, Sept. 2001- ASMU, Sept. 2003- WL, Sept. 2006 - POFQ, Sept. 2007- WL, Aug. 2008 - AKL, Aug. 2009 - POP, Aug. 2010 - POP, Aug. 2011 - POFQ, May 2012 - Disney Magic, Nov. 2012 - Art of Animation-Cars Family Suites, Aug. 2013 - POFQ, Aug. 2014 POFQ

nonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
Diz Kids
Mouseketeer

I would also keep it with the agent. Contact him saying that you know the offer is coming out and if the Poly is available within X dollars or the original cost you want to switch, so he knows what he has to work with. We normally book our own, but when we did use AAA a few years ago they did this for us with no issues.

Diz Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post
I would also keep it with the agent. Contact him saying that you know the offer is coming out and if the Poly is available within X dollars or the original cost you want to switch, so he knows what he has to work with. We normally book our own, but when we did use AAA a few years ago they did this for us with no issues.
I would do this if your agent is easy to work with and has no problem making changes. We went through AAA for our last trip and our agent refused to make changes, even when it saved me money. She never returned emails or calls and I had to call the 800 line for AAA to make any changes because I couldn't make them directly through Disney. I have now learned that I can book through Disney and give them my AAA number and get the same discount!

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post

I would do this if your agent is easy to work with and has no problem making changes. We went through AAA for our last trip and our agent refused to make changes, even when it saved me money. She never returned emails or calls and I had to call the 800 line for AAA to make any changes because I couldn't make them directly through Disney. I have now learned that I can book through Disney and give them my AAA number and get the same discount!
Oh my! Our agent better not give me any grief! I don't really know her, we only used her because we have the dining plan and was told in order to get the AAA discount with the dining plan we had to go through AAA. I guess I will see what her reaction is to our request and go from there!

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: