Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #76
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Stopped by to say

This is late, but thank you! I hope that you had a wonderful day as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybelle View Post
I came over from Judy's report. I am sorry for all that has happened to you.
Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty View Post
Overall your plans for WHEN you go sound great! My DH is playing COD right now so I'm looking at restaurants too! We can make ADRs in June! Haha. Feels so far away!!
June seems to be coming up fast for me, I hope that time is going by quickly for you. I haven't been on much lately, but I will get myself caught up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

I miss you. I hope everything is okay!

I really appreciate you checking in! I am going to try to be around more now, I have yet to get caught up on your reports, but I will get there! I hope that things are well for you too!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #77
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I hope that there are still people out there who might be interested in this report!

I was in a really dark place for a while and had to take a bit of a break from the boards. It seemed like we just kept getting bad news after bad news and planning a trip seemed very impossible. I had a bit of a health scare (things are fine though, thankfully), I'm still looking for a job, and things have been tough on the baby front. We did just get some good news about DH's job though that will make a definite difference in our lives.

I have been making a conscious effort to pull myself out of that bad place. I am trying to focus only on my life and be thankful for the blessings that I do have. I am staying off of Facebook, and it feels really good. Every day isn't going to be a good one, but life is too short to be feeling that way, so I'm trying to focus on positive things that make me happy (e.g., DISNEY!!)

So while this trip is still not officially booked or anything, I am going to keep planning, because we will get there one day soon.

I hope that everything is well for all of you and your families!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #78
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time! Happy to hear about your hubby's job! Will keep you in my prayers! Xxoo
dreamerchic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #79
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry things have been dark. I understand needing to take a break from Facebook and other online distractions.

I'm glad things are looking a little better and you are back to posting and reading again!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #80
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Krysten

I'm sorry to hear things have been so difficult for you lately. But it sounds like you have a positive attitude. And Disney trip planning is always a good cure for sadness!

I look forward to following along as your plans unfold.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #81
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
So sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time! Happy to hear about your hubby's job! Will keep you in my prayers! Xxoo
Thank you for your kind words I am hoping that this was just the start of good things for us. I'm also going to start posting some more in this PTR, even if we don't have any set dates yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I'm sorry things have been dark. I understand needing to take a break from Facebook and other online distractions.

I'm glad things are looking a little better and you are back to posting and reading again!
Thank you Sometimes I just need a break, but it is time for healthier choices right now and Disney has always been a wonderful part of my life, so why not start there?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Hi Krysten

I'm sorry to hear things have been so difficult for you lately. But it sounds like you have a positive attitude. And Disney trip planning is always a good cure for sadness!

I look forward to following along as your plans unfold.
and thank you. I'm trying to stay positive, and it can be tough but I will be better because of it in the end. I love to plan things, so I just need to plan the heck out of this trip! I am enjoying your report as well, I told my mom how excited I was to be reading a report that has a dog going to Disney in it

Old 03-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #82
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hi all! I hope that there are still people out there who might be interested in this report!

I was in a really dark place for a while and had to take a bit of a break from the boards. It seemed like we just kept getting bad news after bad news and planning a trip seemed very impossible. I had a bit of a health scare (things are fine though, thankfully), I'm still looking for a job, and things have been tough on the baby front. We did just get some good news about DH's job though that will make a definite difference in our lives.

I have been making a conscious effort to pull myself out of that bad place. I am trying to focus only on my life and be thankful for the blessings that I do have. I am staying off of Facebook, and it feels really good. Every day isn't going to be a good one, but life is too short to be feeling that way, so I'm trying to focus on positive things that make me happy (e.g., DISNEY!!)

So while this trip is still not officially booked or anything, I am going to keep planning, because we will get there one day soon.

I hope that everything is well for all of you and your families!

I'm sorry things have taken you to a bad place, but I admire that you are trying to proactively make yourself more positive. I've had depression issues off and on. I'm currently on Zoloft for it. I have also found taking vitamin D really helps! I stopped taking it for a while about 6 months ago and within a month I could feel a difference in my mood. Not sure if you take any medicines, but you might want to try some Vitamin D!!

Hopefully spring/summer coming up will help, too. I love spring, it's my favorite time of year. I love when the trees turn green and the flowers grow.

Hoping things get better for you quickly!

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #83
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
I'm sorry things have taken you to a bad place, but I admire that you are trying to proactively make yourself more positive. I've had depression issues off and on. I'm currently on Zoloft for it. I have also found taking vitamin D really helps! I stopped taking it for a while about 6 months ago and within a month I could feel a difference in my mood. Not sure if you take any medicines, but you might want to try some Vitamin D!!

Hopefully spring/summer coming up will help, too. I love spring, it's my favorite time of year. I love when the trees turn green and the flowers grow.

Hoping things get better for you quickly!
Thank you for the kind words. I've been dealing with anxiety and depression issues for most of my life. I've been on and off of medications and in and out of therapy. I need to make some changes to get myself away from that lifestyle. I actually just recently heard about how great Vitamin D is for that, it is nice to hear a first-hand opinion. I might have to give it a try!

I also love when spring comes, everything is so much more colourful and fresh!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #84
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
and thank you. I'm trying to stay positive, and it can be tough but I will be better because of it in the end. I love to plan things, so I just need to plan the heck out of this trip! I am enjoying your report as well, I told my mom how excited I was to be reading a report that has a dog going to Disney in it
Awww. I'm glad. More to come on the kennel soon.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #85
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I am working on writing a few actual planning updates, but I've got to turn in my last essay of the semester tonight so I probably won't get to those for another day or two. For now, I will just post a quick update… maybe as a way to procrastinate from finishing my essay?

In case anyone is interested and hasn't seen yet, I put some reviews up in my December 2012 TR (Link is in my signature). I find reviews to be helpful so I thought that I would pass mine along.

I also wanted to post some of my souvenirs from that trip (I have a problem with Disney Retail Therapy )

We rarely use our snacks while we are actually in WDW, so we end up with a bunch at the end of our trip. Here are a few that I brought home…

And here are a couple of the things that I bought just for me! I am collecting this kitchen collection, so I bought a couple of the pieces that I don't already have, and a fantastic GF tumbler.

I also bought a set of Victorian Christmas tree ornaments (the box of 3), a minnie mouse shirt (that I am wearing in some of the pictures), a few Christmas gifts (a mug for my brother, a sweater for DH, a necklace for my mom), and my mom and grandma bought me a couple of Christmas gifts.

Anyway, no real point to this update other than talking about WDW, but I guess I have a good audience for that, right??!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #86
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Love your Disney kitchen items. We have one Disney ornament, but I was tempted to buy more on this trip.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #87
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I'm am truly sorry that you've been having a rough time....

It can be really awful to feel like that and I hope that you're able to feel more like "yourself" soon...

(Vitamin D is good but actually so is a little bit of sunshine... something about your eyes registering the light... it really does help...) You also need to make sure you're taking care of yourself-eating well, exercise, sleeping enough... not too little or too much... and making sure you have a good support network when you need to talk...

Try not to compare to other people... you just need to focus on you
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #88
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Love your Disney kitchen items. We have one Disney ornament, but I was tempted to buy more on this trip.
Thanks! It is so hard not to buy a bunch, isn't it? We've been slowly accumulating tree ornaments over the years. Our tree at this point is really quite random because we don't have enough of anything to fill an entire tree, but I hope that one day it will be a little more cohesive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I'm am truly sorry that you've been having a rough time....

It can be really awful to feel like that and I hope that you're able to feel more like "yourself" soon...

(Vitamin D is good but actually so is a little bit of sunshine... something about your eyes registering the light... it really does help...) You also need to make sure you're taking care of yourself-eating well, exercise, sleeping enough... not too little or too much... and making sure you have a good support network when you need to talk...

Try not to compare to other people... you just need to focus on you
Thank you for your kind words I am really doing quite a bit better. I've been dealing with this long enough to know that it isn't going to be this easy forever, but it is a step in the right direction. I'm ready for this PTR to have a much more positive tone!

About the vitamin D, my grandfather is always going outside and telling us all about vitamin D - I think of him any time I hear it lol

Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #89
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon lovely disers!

Things are really starting to look up for DH and I, so I am really getting the need to do some planning! We don't have any clue about dates yet, starting new jobs means waiting for vacations, but we will get there!

Because I feel the need to plan, and don't have anything solid that I can do, I'm going to just post some really random things. I am sorry if it is boring to anyone, but it will help me to feel like I'm doing something

Originally, I posted 3 possible trip options - DL, WDW + Cruise, and Aulani. I still really am interested in all three of these options, but I feel like WDW + Cruise is still the front runner for this trip. Depending on how long we have until we can get vacation days (and thus, how much we can save) this could change. But for now, I'm guessing it will be WDW. I may throw in some information on DL and Aulani if I come across it because it will be important for me at some point!

Right now, I am also still putting WL high on my list of resort choices. But again, depending on when we go, what we can save, what kind of promotions we might be able to get, our resort could change.

Because I like lists… here is a WDW resort list with some of me thrown in! Resorts in this colour are ones that I haven't stayed at before. Resorts in this colour are ones that I've visited before. As a side note: my brother and I would like to one day have stayed in each of the resorts.

All-Star Movies
All-Star Music
All-Star Sports
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2011, LOVED it
Art of Animation
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Caribbean Beach
Contemporary
Coronado Springs
Dolphin
Fort Wilderness Cabins
Fort Wilderness Campground
Grand Floridian - Honeymooned here, my favourite
Old Key West
Polynesian - I was young when I stayed here, so I want to go again as an adult
Pop Century
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Saratoga Springs Resort
Swan
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club

So I still have quite a few resorts to visit! And it is so hard to choose because there are so many!

My short list for this trip includes:
- Wilderness Lodge - New for DH and I. DH loves the outdoors. Close to MK.
- Yacht/Beach Club - Beautiful, new for DH and I. I've heard they are quiet.
- Contemporary - New for DH and I. WDW classic resort. Close to MK.
- Polynesian - DH wants to stay here, and it has been a while for me. Monorail resort! It is just expensive so we would need more time to save.
- Boardwalk - New for DH and I. Night life on the boardwalk. Beautiful.

I am pretty sure that I have become a deluxe snob. I really like the values, but I am in love with so many of the deluxes. They just really take it to a whole new level.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #90
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

And the other update for today is going to be the start of a series of updates on the things that I plan on doing on our trip.

Let's start with the Magic Kingdom. This is my favourite park. I usually spend more than 1 day here during any given trip.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

If we decide to do a December trip, MVMCP is a MUST do. DH has never done this party, and I really loved it last year. The atmosphere, the crowds, it is all wonderful.

Fireworks

There is nothing like a WDW fireworks show! DH and I sat outside at the GF almost every night on our honeymoon and watched the fireworks - it was so nice. And then I got home and was sad that there wasn't a fireworks show every night

Be Our Guest Restaurant

If nothing else, a quick lunch here would be great. I love how beautiful this restaurant is, and I was really disappointed with my pictures from December, so I need to get back in there with a real camera and get some good photos.

Haunted Mansion

A WDW classic. One of my favourites!

Take Pictures of Main Street USA

I love Main Street (I am being very repetitive, I love everything lol). I have been working on taking new pictures on every one of my trips, but there are so many shots around Main Street that I still want to take.

New Fantasyland!

Explore and take many more pictures! When I get back, I am sure that the expansion will be complete!

Castle Pictures

This is a trip requirement. I need to take a whole bunch of castle pictures or my trip will not be complete.

WDW Railroad

I haven't ridden the train in a few trips, and DH has never been on it, so this is something that we should make sure to squeeze in!

Watch a Parade

Just because.

Other things:
- Get a snack or a drink and just sit for a while
- The Tiki Room, Pirates, Tom Sawyer Island, The Mountains, Liberty Belle, ride all of the Fantasyland rides, and CoP
- Take new pictures
- Enjoy our time there!

DH found that on previous trips, he didn't like the pressure of having to be certain places at certain times. But my last couple of trips (without him!) have been much more relaxed, so I think that I am getting better at making a touring plan that will work with that. There are many things that I would like to do, but if I don't get to them all, I don't stress. I know that I have done most of these things many times before and I will get the opportunity to do them again, so I try to focus on enjoying myself while I'm there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: