Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #3091
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are going to be really glad you decided to go all out. This resort is beautiful. We stayed at the WL for the first time last month and fell in love with it. This is a great place for your first visit. Just hop on the boat and you are at the Magic Kingdom.

Quote:
to our thread! I think you've made a great choice and will want to make WL a family tradition. August has lower rates and crowds and is a great time to go when your kids may be out of school. Let us know if you have any questions and happy planning.

Thanks so much we are really excited!! It seems like its a place that people LOVE to go back to which is great! While I have already booked the trip I still have time to make any accommodation requests if I need to. I just picked a standard view room close to the elevators on a higher up floor. Anything else you think I should add? Really appreciate it thanks!!!!

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)

AKL- Aug 2013 CSR- Aug/Sept 2014
Old 03-30-2013, 04:40 AM   #3092
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

Arrived yesterday. Love it here. We got a second floor room in the villas looking over the path that leads to the pool and woods. Nice view and very convenient location to pool, main building, lobby, and transportation. Not so impressed with dinner selection at Roaring Forks but last night was the only night with no ADR. The lodge is simply beautiful. Heading to MK this morning and hope to be back here by 11 to just enjoy WL.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #3093
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Happy Easter Weekend! I took these last April at the GF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinaxo View Post
Thanks so much we are really excited!! It seems like its a place that people LOVE to go back to which is great! While I have already booked the trip I still have time to make any accommodation requests if I need to. I just picked a standard view room close to the elevators on a higher up floor. Anything else you think I should add? Really appreciate it thanks!!!!
The only thing left to request would be a North Wing or South Wing STD room, if you have any preference. North Wing has the service area below and is pictured on the first page. High floors can see some of Wishes, etc... South Wing does not have a service area below and looks out at the parking area to the right, bus stop/VWL and FW woods beyond. I hope I have that correct since I've never actually stayed in a STD room.

Yes, once you stay at WL it's hard not going back - it easily becomes 'home.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceteachermom View Post
Arrived yesterday. Love it here. We got a second floor room in the villas looking over the path that leads to the pool and woods. Nice view and very convenient location to pool, main building, lobby, and transportation. Not so impressed with dinner selection at Roaring Forks but last night was the only night with no ADR. The lodge is simply beautiful. Heading to MK this morning and hope to be back here by 11 to just enjoy WL.
Thanks for reporting live! How is your room condition? I know many worry about that since the rooms haven't been rehabbed in years. Also, are you able to find out if there is a pending rehab? Deb & Bill saw them rehabbing a two-bedroom back in January, but we've not had any other VWL rehab reports since then. So far, would you stay in a VWL villa again?

Roaring Fork is probably one of my least favorite Quick Serves due to its small size, more limited menu and the way they process orders, which can be an issue when they're crowded. I don't like having to wait to get my meal then stand with it in line to pay then find a seat in a rather small room. I much prefer the way CR and Poly, etc... do it where you order form a kiosk, pay and get a pager then get a table. Nothing gets cold this way and you don't have to stand in line with your meal and look for a table. Rant over.

Enjoy the MK - it might be very crowded today what with Easter tomorrow. Your plan to leave by 11 sounds smart
Old 03-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #3094
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

In anticipation of the summer discount going live this week, we booked a standard club level room t his weekend for WL, so hopefully we can just apply the code!
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #3095
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
In anticipation of the summer discount going live this week, we booked a standard club level room t his weekend for WL, so hopefully we can just apply the code!
Yippee! I'm sure you'll be able to apply something soon. Have you made any ADRs yet?
Old 03-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #3096
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yippee! I'm sure you'll be able to apply something soon. Have you made any ADRs yet?
Yeah, I made them a few months ago. BOG, Yachtsman, Monsieur Paul, Jiko, Crystal Palace and I think Il Mulino. We usually do the quick service thing for lunch.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #3097
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Happy Easter Weekend! I took these last April at the GF:

The only thing left to request would be a North Wing or South Wing STD room, if you have any preference. North Wing has the service area below and is pictured on the first page. High floors can see some of Wishes, etc... South Wing does not have a service area below and looks out at the parking area to the right, bus stop/VWL and FW woods beyond. I hope I have that correct since I've never actually stayed in a STD room.

Yes, once you stay at WL it's hard not going back - it easily becomes 'home.'

Thanks for reporting live! How is your room condition? I know many worry about that since the rooms haven't been rehabbed in years. Also, are you able to find out if there is a pending rehab? Deb & Bill saw them rehabbing a two-bedroom back in January, but we've not had any other VWL rehab reports since then. So far, would you stay in a VWL villa again?

Roaring Fork is probably one of my least favorite Quick Serves due to its small size, more limited menu and the way they process orders, which can be an issue when they're crowded. I don't like having to wait to get my meal then stand with it in line to pay then find a seat in a rather small room. I much prefer the way CR and Poly, etc... do it where you order form a kiosk, pay and get a pager then get a table. Nothing gets cold this way and you don't have to stand in line with your meal and look for a table. Rant over.

Enjoy the MK - it might be very crowded today what with Easter tomorrow. Your plan to leave by 11 sounds smart
I do not see any evidence of a pending rehab. Room condition is actually very good. I suppose you could say it is "dated" but in terms of theme, functionality, cleanliness, and amenities I have no complaints. I do not think anyone should be worried. We enjoyed the pool today and my son had a fabulous time at the Cub's Den while we went out to an adult dinner. The kids club and villa style room are the two main reasons we chose WL this trip. MK was great from 7-11. We did Pooh Ride, Barnstormer 2 times, Big Thunder 2 times, Small World, Splash, Pirates, Buzz, breakfast, castle show and Astro Orbitor at a casual pace with little to no wait all before 11 then stayed to see Laugh Floor and Ride the People mover. It was crazy busy as we left before noon. Love the WL but not sure if we will stay here again. Our home away from home is the Coronado and we pref the pool and grounds there. But it is gorgeous here and we are so glad we are trying it for a trip.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #3098
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

Sitting at the WL right now.....feet in the hot tub, coffee in hand, listening to the water fall; this place is beautiful and peacefully quiet in the morning. My spot is perfect. through the trees I can see Bay Lake and the first boat to the MK arriving. I might have to visit this hot tub every morning as i like to let my family sleep on our non park days and i am an early riser. The Easter Bunny and Mickey and Minne will arrive later and they are having a candy hunt for the kids on the lawn area between the main building and villas. We are contemplating a water park trip today since today has the best weather forecast for the remainder of our trip. We'll see... I am for sure getting the R and R. that I needed. Happy Easter everyone!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:03 AM   #3099
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sitting at the WL right now.....feet in the hot tub, coffee in hand, listening to the water fall; this place is beautiful and peacefully quiet in the morning. My spot is perfect. through the trees I can see Bay Lake and the first boat to the MK arriving. I might have to visit this hot tub every morning as i like to let my family sleep on our non park days and i am an early riser. The Easter Bunny and Mickey and Minne will arrive later and they are having a candy hunt for the kids on the lawn area between the main building and villas. We are contemplating a water park trip today since today has the best weather forecast for the remainder of our trip. We'll see... I am for sure getting the R and R. that I needed. Happy Easter everyone!
Sounds like heaven! Happy Easter
Old 03-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #3100
macemc12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How nice! Have fun and Happy Easter!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #3101
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Perfect start to the morning. Happy Easter!!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #3102
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds fabulous. I know the exact spot you are in. I loved those hot tubs. It was a touch cool (and at times, outright cold) while we where there and the only way I was able to get in the water was the hot tubs. They are so nice. I miss them.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #3103
WDWKOOK

HAPPY EASTER!

Quote:
I do not see any evidence of a pending rehab. Room condition is actually very good. I suppose you could say it is "dated" but in terms of theme, functionality, cleanliness, and amenities I have no complaints. I do not think anyone should be worried. We enjoyed the pool today and my son had a fabulous time at the Cub's Den while we went out to an adult dinner. The kids club and villa style room are the two main reasons we chose WL this trip. MK was great from 7-11. We did Pooh Ride, Barnstormer 2 times, Big Thunder 2 times, Small World, Splash, Pirates, Buzz, breakfast, castle show and Astro Orbitor at a casual pace with little to no wait all before 11 then stayed to see Laugh Floor and Ride the People mover. It was crazy busy as we left before noon. Love the WL but not sure if we will stay here again. Our home away from home is the Coronado and we pref the pool and grounds there. But it is gorgeous here and we are so glad we are trying it for a trip.
I'm sure everyone is relieved to read this - thanks! You did really well yesterday, especially considering it was the day before a holiday.

Quote:
Did you have any ducks keeping you company? They LOVE an early morning swim. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #3104
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

I am so jealous! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Happy Easter!

Quote:

Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #3105
2infinityandbeyond!
Earning My Ears

Gotta love WL!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: