Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #31
TwinkleKS
Mouseketeer

I love the PPP.

I used it one trip to entertain myself. I was pregnant, and DH and I took four teenagers. So I couldn't ride any rides. I wandered around getting my picture taken in random areas. The photographers were really great and did tons of the "magic" shots for me.

We also used it for our last trip with my parents, DH, DS2, DD4, and DD4. I loved having the lanyard and just handing it over. We had tons of pictures taken with the kiddos and all of the characters. This was a great way to get a real "quality" shot. Some of the photographers are retired professionals. If it isn't a busy day, they will spend a lot of time with you setting up shots, etc. Then with the PPP you already have the rights, so you can go home and print the pictures anywhere you want.
TwinkleKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #32
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

At BBB there will be pp photographers taking pics of the entire transformation and they scan your photo pass card. I ended up with about 50 pics from BBB. The special picture packages are extra money. I was happy with all the pictures that were taken by the photo pass photographers. I didn't pay for the extra picture package.

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #33
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

What are Magic Shots

Just starting to investigate photopass plus so looking at older threads. Probably a silly question but what are 'Magic Shots'? This is our 10th trip and never done the photo pass before.
Thanks
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #34
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post
Just starting to investigate photopass plus so looking at older threads. Probably a silly question but what are 'Magic Shots'? This is our 10th trip and never done the photo pass before.
Thanks
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/#magic
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #35
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Ok,now that I have read thru this whole thread, my only question, maybe not even a question but clarification, once I purchase the PP or PP+, I have no other charge? So, if I want 15 of those pictures, I am able to get them printed or use them in my own photo book, whether it's on website that makes photobooks or in my own scrapbook? I hope i have made myself clear...thank you..
Old 03-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
mymeme
Mouseketeer

Know where I can get list of camera centers? We will be staying at ASMo and would really like to pick up PP+ card before going to parks next day. Is this possible? Are they available at any of the resorts? I have already purchased just need to pick up card. Thanks
mymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #37
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymeme View Post
Know where I can get list of camera centers? We will be staying at ASMo and would really like to pick up PP+ card before going to parks next day. Is this possible? Are they available at any of the resorts? I have already purchased just need to pick up card. Thanks
You can get the card at these locations outside the parks:

Team Mickey at Downtown Disney

M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort

Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Why the rush though?
Old 03-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #38
mymeme
Mouseketeer

Thank you!
I guess reason for wanting it ahead of entering parks is we try to make rope drop and hurry on to favorite rides. Just waiting will probably be best. Thanks
mymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #39
Rjsoto24601
Mouseketeer

Do I understand this correctly?

Am I correct in thinking that the pop does NOT include a photo pass cd included in the price? If I purchase the ppp I'm only paying for the addition of rides, attractions and character meals included onto my card. I always purchase the cd because I can print whenever I want to for the price I want..LOL. Our trip in 14 days will include the Ohana breakfast, Pirates League and as far as rides we will probably only be doing Space Ranger Spin as my 5 yr old does not do any "scary rides." We always get Magic shots on the pp cd, so I'm not worried about those.
Rjsoto24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #40
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjsoto24601 View Post
Am I correct in thinking that the pop does NOT include a photo pass cd included in the price? If I purchase the ppp I'm only paying for the addition of rides, attractions and character meals included onto my card. I always purchase the cd because I can print whenever I want to for the price I want..LOL. Our trip in 14 days will include the Ohana breakfast, Pirates League and as far as rides we will probably only be doing Space Ranger Spin as my 5 yr old does not do any "scary rides." We always get Magic shots on the pp cd, so I'm not worried about those.
No, you're not correct. PhotoPass + includes all of your pictures on a CD.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #41
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

New borders on the Photopass website

I have to say I LOVE the photopass plus! I am a picture freak and even if I don't use every picture I like the fact that I have them.

I have logged in and added many borders to each picture (just is case - so I have them) and I have noticed that it seems that the borders have changed from time to time!

Sooo, you will want to check the website frequently to see if there are new borders that you will want!
Angiea1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #42
tpimental
Mouseketeer

The lanyard you get with the plus....can you only get one? I'm hoping I can get two so we can each wear one since we sometimes split up.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #43
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiea1114 View Post
I have to say I LOVE the photopass plus! I am a picture freak and even if I don't use every picture I like the fact that I have them.

I have logged in and added many borders to each picture (just is case - so I have them) and I have noticed that it seems that the borders have changed from time to time!

Sooo, you will want to check the website frequently to see if there are new borders that you will want!
How do you save the borders? This will be our first trip with pp+ and I'm quite excited to play with it!!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #44
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpimental View Post
The lanyard you get with the plus....can you only get one? I'm hoping I can get two so we can each wear one since we sometimes split up.
You only get one but anyone else in your party can get a photopass card from the Disney photographers and then you just add that card to your account online yourself or you can go to some places in the parks and they can integrate them for you.
However, ride photos are different. They CANNOT be added to the regular cards, but just jot down the number of the photo (they have slips that the number can be written down on, we just put the numbers in our phones) and then go to that ride later with the PP+ lanyard and the pictures can be added.

I had two daughters with separate groups of friends so they each got a card and used it and we added the photos later!! Once the card is added the photos just go on the main account!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #45
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
How do you save the borders? This will be our first trip with pp+ and I'm quite excited to play with it!!
When you get to a computer to view your photos, you can click and edit the photos! You can zoom, crop, change to balck and white, etc. then you can add borders and save each one as a copy. We started with around 400 photos and with the editing we did we are over 850!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: