Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #421
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

My sister invited me to go to the concert with her & some friends. I know I've heard many of the songs, but I don't know how familiar I actually am with any of them. Which songs/albums do I need to download before the show to re familiarize myself with them?

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #422
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
My sister invited me to go to the concert with her & some friends. I know I've heard many of the songs, but I don't know how familiar I actually am with any of them. Which songs/albums do I need to download before the show to re familiarize myself with them?
If you download the greatest hits, The Block, and 10 (which comes out in April), that should give you most of what you need. Have fun!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #423
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Well, of course they added an Indy show after I bought second row for Cincinnati! I was actually secretly hoping they would so I could go to two shows! Of course my husband isn't thrilled, but I am :-). I'll be trying for Indy tix this week and hoping for good ones since I can't spend extra on a reseller this time!

So did everyone hear the news about the 10 album deluxe set? http://nkotb.com/news/130381

I'm going to hope for that, for the DVD! I don't understand the girls ordering from iTunes when we know this is coming out...I guess just to get "We Own the Night" early? I'm sorry, but those boys milk us for all we're worth!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Marshmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #424
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'll be downloading all of their new material illegally of the internet. Don't judge me.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #425
twinz
I agree with the getting my fix of MIB!
Loves showing Disney's little touches
Donnie Wahlberg is my boy!

My sister and I are going to the Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale shows (as well as the two Toronto shows and Buffalo)...we are throwing a bit of Disney in there prior to the shows...our two favourite things...NKOTB and Disney. Can't WAIT until June.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #426
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

"10" is now streaming on I heart radio!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #427
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Hey girls! I'm heading to Boston today for the record release at the Orpheum! I bought tickets having no idea what is going to happen! Jordan tweeted some laughs, some singing and some q&a. I'll let you guys know what happens!

We will be stopping by Wahlburgers for a little pre party! We were already planning to go there and last they announced a pre party. They have 5 special "adult" frappes. I'll be ordering the Jordan!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #428
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Have fun!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 03-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #429
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Sounds fun!

Happy Easter everyone! It's almost New Kids week!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #430
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

This is why I'm a Blockhead. I'm happy to say I played a part in this "little" surprise that went down last night. Also happy to say that I "get it!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtftVitQZhU

So, how was it in person Elena?! We need Details!

Have all of you preordered the deluxe 10 album? I did! I love that they let us download the entire album right away and the book download was nice too!

I think Survive You is my favorite song from the album. I also like Crash. Most of them, really! Those boys reallly know how to sell the albums though. I had to preorder on itunes for the Block Party bonus track, had to get the deluxe one for the Fenway dvd, and going to have to buy the cd at Target for those two bonus tracks. Sheesh.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter! I'm so giddy with the goings on last night. It makes me even more excited for the two shows I'm going to this summer!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #431
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
This is why I'm a Blockhead. I'm happy to say I played a part in this "little" surprise that went down last night. Also happy to say that I "get it!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtftVitQZhU

So, how was it in person Elena?! We need Details!

Have all of you preordered the deluxe 10 album? I did! I love that they let us download the entire album right away and the book download was nice too!

I think Survive You is my favorite song from the album. I also like Crash. Most of them, really! Those boys reallly know how to sell the albums though. I had to preorder on itunes for the Block Party bonus track, had to get the deluxe one for the Fenway dvd, and going to have to buy the cd at Target for those two bonus tracks. Sheesh.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter! I'm so giddy with the goings on last night. It makes me even more excited for the two shows I'm going to this summer!
Soooooo tired and I have school today! I'll be back tonight for a full review!!

I'm having the same cd dilemma! Bought iTunes preorder, then deluxe, now I have to go to target tomorrow for that one! Yikes!

One short bit.....Jon Knight sang his solo part on We Own Tonight with little to no hesitation! Love him!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #432
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Ok, finally! Here are some details...

We had already decided to go to Wahlburgers and then they announced the pre release party party. We were so excited! We saw Paul outside but we were too chicken to ask for a picture. Still mad at myself for that! We had a great meal at Wahlburgers. Of course we both ordered the Jordan shake. Chocolate ice cream and cake vodka. Yum!!

We stopped by out hotel and discovered that the door that separates the rooms did not lock from the other side. We could get into the room next to us! We looked around and saw Vera Bradley bags so we assumed it was a bunch of girls and we were right....Block heads!

So now for the show.....

Oh man, I can't say enough about it! I had the opportunity to buy tickets in row G and sell our row S seats and I didn't, but I should have!

The show started with a video intro that I am sure you have all seen by now. Then they played the lyric video of Whisper. Wow, I love that song! It will make a GREAT concert song! I think they also sang Crash in there at some point.

Then they sat in director's chairs and talked about their comeback. My favorite thing of the night was when Donnie said that in between The Block and 10 Joey made some solo songs, Jordan made some solo songs, Donnie made some solo songs, Danny even made some solo music and Jon....he gardened and lanscaped! I love Jon!

They brought out Rob Lewis for We Own Tonight and Jon sang his solo part with little hesitation! Yay! I love when he sings!

They then brought the whole band out and sang some old songs.

After that they brought the fans up to present the ad. While I didn't know about it, I loved it! Jon cried and they all seemed genuinely happy and thankful! Joe then broke out into 5 brothers and a million sisters.

They sang a few more old songs and said good night. No one left and everyone was screaming so Donnie came back on stage and said he was calling an audible and the band came back out and the guys sang one last song. Some people left when Donnie said goodnight so we were able to move up.

There was SOOOOO much confetti that at times I couldn't see the stage through the confetti! Also there was a SUPER classy drunk girl next to us that kept needing to get up. I did not love that!

All in all it was an AWESOME show and reignited my love for NKOTB. I think a coworker is going to brave the NKOTB show in Orlando with me. I hope I don't freak her out with my screaming!

And I know I am out of the loop but did anyone see on twitter that Kimmy Gibbler is a HUGE NKOTB fan? How funny!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #433
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefh View Post
Ok, finally! Here are some details...

We had already decided to go to Wahlburgers and then they announced the pre release party party. We were so excited! We saw Paul outside but we were too chicken to ask for a picture. Still mad at myself for that! We had a great meal at Wahlburgers. Of course we both ordered the Jordan shake. Chocolate ice cream and cake vodka. Yum!!

We stopped by out hotel and discovered that the door that separates the rooms did not lock from the other side. We could get into the room next to us! We looked around and saw Vera Bradley bags so we assumed it was a bunch of girls and we were right....Block heads!

So now for the show.....

Oh man, I can't say enough about it! I had the opportunity to buy tickets in row G and sell our row S seats and I didn't, but I should have!

The show started with a video intro that I am sure you have all seen by now. Then they played the lyric video of Whisper. Wow, I love that song! It will make a GREAT concert song! I think they also sang Crash in there at some point.

Then they sat in director's chairs and talked about their comeback. My favorite thing of the night was when Donnie said that in between The Block and 10 Joey made some solo songs, Jordan made some solo songs, Donnie made some solo songs, Danny even made some solo music and Jon....he gardened and lanscaped! I love Jon!

They brought out Rob Lewis for We Own Tonight and Jon sang his solo part with little hesitation! Yay! I love when he sings!

They then brought the whole band out and sang some old songs.

After that they brought the fans up to present the ad. While I didn't know about it, I loved it! Jon cried and they all seemed genuinely happy and thankful! Joe then broke out into 5 brothers and a million sisters.

They sang a few more old songs and said good night. No one left and everyone was screaming so Donnie came back on stage and said he was calling an audible and the band came back out and the guys sang one last song. Some people left when Donnie said goodnight so we were able to move up.

There was SOOOOO much confetti that at times I couldn't see the stage through the confetti! Also there was a SUPER classy drunk girl next to us that kept needing to get up. I did not love that!

All in all it was an AWESOME show and reignited my love for NKOTB. I think a coworker is going to brave the NKOTB show in Orlando with me. I hope I don't freak her out with my screaming!

And I know I am out of the loop but did anyone see on twitter that Kimmy Gibbler is a HUGE NKOTB fan? How funny!
It was such a fun night! I wish I had checked the thread and realized a fellow DISer was going to be there.

The awesome show made me want to go to multiple shows this summer. I swear, I need to hand my credit card over to someone responsible when New Kids touring season comes around!
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #434
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the details Elena! Glad it was great! :-) So, how is everyone liking 10? Not many opinions on here about it!

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #435
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I said it about The Remix and I'll say it again. The songs remind me of something the Wanted would sing. Not feeling it too much yet. I think I liked the Block better. Maybe because that came with the excitement of the reunion announcement. I do like Remix, We Own Tonight, and Block Party. I can see them opening with that.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: