DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #76
BUDDYBEAR
DIS Veteran

thanks for the info
BUDDYBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #77
texhanddoc
Let me tell you about how much I procrastinate... tomorrow.

I doubt that the target date to begin VGF sales has anything to do with AKV point availability. They likely have a date in mind already that was loosely based on when construction would be finished. I think VGF sales charge forward without a thought for how AKV sales go. I think they are marketing to two separate groups of people.

Me (42), Wifey (42), DD (11), DS (9), DD (5)

NEXT TRIP: June 2014
texhanddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #78
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
I doubt that the target date to begin VGF sales has anything to do with AKV point availability. They likely have a date in mind already that was loosely based on when construction would be finished. I think VGF sales charge forward without a thought for how AKV sales go. I think they are marketing to two separate groups of people.
Based on DVC's past history, if they were on time related to the press release, they're almost certainly past any original target date.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #79
texhanddoc
Let me tell you about how much I procrastinate... tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Based on DVC's past history, if they were on time related to the press release, they're almost certainly past any original target date.

You are likely correct. My point above was that their sale date probably has more to do with construction of VGF than it does point sales at AKV.

Me (42), Wifey (42), DD (11), DS (9), DD (5)

NEXT TRIP: June 2014
texhanddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #80
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are likely correct. My point above was that their sale date probably has more to do with construction of VGF than it does point sales at AKV.
My guess is it's a little of both. There has been at least one instance, if not 2, where I'm convinced they delayed by a few weeks for the purpose of clearing some inventory. While I've never been able to pin down the exact formula, there are requirements related to completion and availability that determine when you can actually sell. DVC has also had instances where they pre sold and delayed closings related to the opening as well and presumably related to this requirement.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #81
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Interesting VGF haven't gone on sale yet . I haven't been abound in a while and figured it would have by now .

BestDadEver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #82
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Quote:
My guess is it's a little of both. There has been at least one instance, if not 2, where I'm convinced they delayed by a few weeks for the purpose of clearing some inventory. While I've never been able to pin down the exact formula, there are requirements related to completion and availability that determine when you can actually sell. DVC has also had instances where they pre sold and delayed closings related to the opening as well and presumably related to this requirement.
And we just got another special offer for both Aulani and Animal Kingdom so maybe you are right

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #83
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Like Dean said there could be elements of both influencing the decision. But with regard to construction, there would have to be signifiant delays in order for that to be playing a big role.

Resorts like Bay Lake Tower, Kidani Village and even Aulani began selling 12-15 months before opening. DVC has consistently reported that Grand Floridian would open by the end of 2013, so it's less than 9 months away from opening with no points for sale yet.

Even at a higher price, VGF is likely to be an easier sell than Animal Kingdom Villas which has now been on the market for over 6 years. There's something to be said for focusing efforts on AKV first--a resort which has been fully funded and operating for 5 years now. There is a cost associated with carrying the unsold AKV inventory. Better to get those obligations off the books now rather than pre-sell a resort which won't be open for 8-9 months.

Buyers will still be ready and willing to pay for Grand Floridian whether it goes on sale in April, May, June or even beyond that.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #84
DenLo
DIS Veteran

It looks like the Villas at the Grand Flordian will be announced soon. The DVCNews has an article regarding the floor plan and building layout of the resort.

Here is the link, DVC News Grand Floridian Floor Plans and building Layout Revealed.

One interesting item was that the grand villas are four bedrooms, and each BR has it's own bathroom. The floor plan indicates there are six grand villas.

I found it surprising that the 147 villas figure DVC has been touting is counting each portion of a lockoff. Whereas in the past DVC always referred to the number of 2BR villas and GVs in a resort. That means VGF is smaller than expected.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #85
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
It looks like the Villas at the Grand Flordian will be announced soon. The DVCNews has an article regarding the floor plan and building layout of the resort.

Here is the link, DVC News Grand Floridian Floor Plans and building Layout Revealed.

One interesting item was that the grand villas are four bedrooms, and each BR has it's own bathroom. The floor plan indicates there are six grand villas.

I found it surprising that the 147 villas figure DVC has been touting is counting each portion of a lockoff. Whereas in the past DVC always referred to the number of 2BR villas and GVs in a resort. That means VGF is smaller than expected.
The press release said 200 keyed entries, 147 villas. That should be separate villas ignoring the lockoff options unless they are double lockoff's that can be combined.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #86
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The press release said 200 keyed entries, 147 villas. That should be separate villas ignoring the lockoff options unless they are double lockoff's that can be combined.
The document does not have the floor plans for the fifth and sixth floors. The only way there could be 200 keyed entries is if there are rooms in the roof. And those rooms couldn't have much of a balcony, if any. The GVs each have two entrances, so those will count as twelve keys. Until the floor plan for the 5th and 6th floors are released I can only speculate on the key numbers.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #87
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I have March UY. If the points go on sale $ I don't get any points for this year, do I still pay MF because I can borrow?

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #88
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I have March UY. If the points go on sale $ I don't get any points for this year, do I still pay MF because I can borrow?
You would pay maintenance fees beginning with the later of 1. the date you buy; 2. the date you receive your first allotment of points; or 3. the date the resort opens.

Let's say that you buy VGF on April 30, 2013, but the resort does not open until December 1, 2013. In that case, you will pay MFs for 2013 that are prorated from December 1, 2013.

Here is a bit of a twist. If VGF doesn't open until December 2013, DVD might let buyers with August, September, October or December Use Years to get points beginning with the 2013 UY. However, it may not permit buyers to get February, March, April, or June UY points until their 2014 UY. I'm not saying that is what DVD will do, or even should do, but I can see DVD not wanting some UYs to be able to "double dip" during the initial opening phase of a new resort.

When I saw that VGF's Grand Villas will have four bedrooms, I thought of you Bobbi. Are you having second thoughts about buying BLT instead of waiting for VGF???
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #89
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
You would pay maintenance fees beginning with the later of 1. the date you buy; 2. the date you receive your first allotment of points; or 3. the date the resort opens.

Let's say that you buy VGF on April 30, 2013, but the resort does not open until December 1, 2013. In that case, you will pay MFs for 2013 that are prorated from December 1, 2013.

Here is a bit of a twist. If VGF doesn't open until December 2013, DVD might let buyers with August, September, October or December Use Years to get points beginning with the 2013 UY. However, it may not permit buyers to get February, March, April, or June UY points until their 2014 UY. I'm not saying that is what DVD will do, or even should do, but I can see DVD not wanting some UYs to be able to "double dip" during the initial opening phase of a new resort.

When I saw that VGF's Grand Villas will have four bedrooms, I thought of you Bobbi. Are you having second thoughts about buying BLT instead of waiting for VGF???
Yes.

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #90
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney

Looking at the floor plan and reading the article I see the 2br has 2 baths like the older resorts. But it looks like the 1br only has 1 bath and I don't see a tub. Just shower. Is that correct for the 1br?

kenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: