Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #16
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

never. I sleep like a rock, slept right through the smoke alarm once when DH burned some toast!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #17
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

I can't remember ever taking one. I didn't realize it was necessary?... I thought if I am tired but don't sleep well it must be just a fluke. I suppose I should be glad for my pretty easy sleep patterns.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
Kim&Chris
dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at Serenity Bay....

A few nights ago...Tylenol PM.
Kim&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
Nolcrest
DIS Veteran

Never ever.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #20
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Almost two years ago right before I found out I'm most likely allergic to then. Any of them (besides triptophan) make me trip out and really mess with my anxiety. I don't regularly have panic and anxiety attacks as they have been user control for they last 3ish years but man sleep aids really mess with my ability to control them.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #21
shellybaxter
Dis Veteran
Disney Restaurants for one hundred Alex

I used to use Lunesta until my (usually extremely good insurance) decided to deny it. I had tried the meds they would approve prior and they didn't work, so now I just use Tylenol PM. They actually work pretty good. My doc gives my a prescription for a muscle relaxer that I use VERY sparingly if I just hurt too much to sleep. I take that with a pain reliever and I go right out
shellybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #22
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Last night, and I'm about to pop one right now. I fall asleep fine but I simply don't stay asleep. The meds work.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:23 AM   #23
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Last night, and I'm about to pop one right now. I fall asleep fine but I simply don't stay asleep. The meds work.
This is me. I can fall asleep almost instantly but then i can wake up a few hours later and be totally wide awake.

me dh ds (16) dd (15) and Baxter (my 7 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #24
DawnM
Dawn

I have a very hard time sleeping and a very hard time staying asleep. I take a benadryl almost every night. Part of this is for allergies, but the bonus is that it helps me sleep.

No sleeping pills though.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #25
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I do have a prescription for Lunesta, but I find that the IBU PM that is out there is almost as effective. And I take just one of them vs the two that are recommended. Works great.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #26
tluvstink
DIS Veteran

I take Melatonin every night and I have for about 2 years. I really envy those who can sleep without taking anything

Terri
tluvstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #27
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeA View Post
When I worked nights. I'd pop one Tylenol pm at 8am and hope to sleep past noon.
Guess our bodies are all different. I worked graveyard (11pm to 7 am) and slept days (9 am to 5 pm) for 25 years, never took a thing. Even slept through them putting a new roof on my house.
I think the key to my success was mindset, and always sleeping the same hours.
That lack of set sleep hours really seemed to be a common issue with folks I worked with on graveyard who had issues with sleep. One guy would go to bed at 730 am on day, and 5 pm the next because he was working his sleep around things he wanted to do, instead of working the things he wanted to do around his sleep.
I know my FIL, who was career air force said he felt conditoning was a part of it. He could be asleep 30 seconds after going to bed no matter what time of day or night it was, because if you were caught awake in the barracks, you got pulled out of your bunk and put to work since "you weren't asleep".
Old 03-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #28
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy

Guess our bodies are all different. I worked graveyard (11pm to 7 am) and slept days (9 am to 5 pm) for 25 years, never took a thing. Even slept through them putting a new roof on my house.
I think the key to my success was mindset, and always sleeping the same hours.
That lack of set sleep hours really seemed to be a common issue with folks I worked with on graveyard who had issues with sleep. One guy would go to bed at 730 am on day, and 5 pm the next because he was working his sleep around things he wanted to do, instead of working the things he wanted to do around his sleep.
I know my FIL, who was career air force said he felt conditoning was a part of it. He could be asleep 30 seconds after going to bed no matter what time of day or night it was, because if you were caught awake in the barracks, you got pulled out of your bunk and put to work since "you weren't asleep".
It's difficult to condition for midnights when they are 12 hour shifts, and only 3 days a week. Not to mention, I have young children and will not live that schedule when I'm not working. It deprives them of their mom, which is a much bigger deal than me being sleep deprived. I also think a huge part of it is that I'm naturally a morning person...I always got up at 6am and went to bed at 10:30. I slept great and woke rested on that schedule. Luckily, I'm back on that schedule, and will be until I decide to make a job change...then I'll probably have to go back to nights again and work my way back to day shift. Now my DH is a different story. He should be a night shifter since he loves to stay up most of the night and sleep in.
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
ReneeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #29
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

January. DH had major surgery in December and then 10 days later DS17 was in a horrible car accident. Once I got them home and back up and moving, the stress and anxiety hit me like crazy and I didn't sleep more than an hour or two at a time. When it got to the point that my broken DS looked better than I did our doctor suggested I take something for awhile before I got sick and couldn't take care of anyone anymore.

I took it for a couple of weeks and then slowly weaned myself off it.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #30
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

I've never taken a legit sleep aid... However if overdoing it on wine counts? Last night.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: