Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away
 
DisneyLvr55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 833

Question Fantasmic! Package when on DDP

I plan on doing the Fantasmic! package when we go down, and eating at Mamma Melrose. I have a few questions -

Is it just one credit?

What can you order? Is it just entree and dessert like it normally is on the dining plan, or is it a 3 course meal because its the Fantasmic! package?



TIA!
__________________
DisneyLvr55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,369

It is one credit at Mama's or H&V. Brown Derby will cost you 2 credits. As far as what you can order, I have heard both so I can't help you there.
__________________

JennaDeeDooDah is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran
 
sharonabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post
I plan on doing the Fantasmic! package when we go down, and eating at Mamma Melrose. I have a few questions -

Is it just one credit?

What can you order? Is it just entree and dessert like it normally is on the dining plan, or is it a 3 course meal because its the Fantasmic! package?



TIA!
With the F! Pkg, you do get app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink, but the dessert is a dessert platter to share. You no longer get to order your own individual dessert.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
With the F! Pkg, you do get app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink, but the dessert is a dessert platter to share. You no longer get to order your own individual dessert.
I know that at MM it is a dessert sampler to be shared, but at HBD we were able to order any dessert from the menu last October. Has that changed?
__________________
Kim T
purple figment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
sharonabe
DIS Veteran
 
sharonabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
I know that at MM it is a dessert sampler to be shared, but at HBD we were able to order any dessert from the menu last October. Has that changed?
From what I've seen, it's only MM that does the sampler.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
lam
Mouseketeer
 
lam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Eire
Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
With the F! Pkg, you do get app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink, but the dessert is a dessert platter to share. You no longer get to order your own individual dessert.
Do you still get the appetiser at Mamma Melrose.
I read on the Disney website that it was only an entree and dessert (sampler) at Mamma Melrose for the FP.

Is this yet another change?

Maybe someone who is just back from Disney & who tried the FP at Mamma Melrose recently can respond Please?

lam
lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,050

Sharonabe has given you the correct information. An appetizer is included with the F. dining package, whether you are on the DDP or not. It is not included in a regular DDP ADR.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 58,981
DISboards Moderator

Hollywood & Vine is a buffet. Same if you are on Fantasmic package or no Fantasmic package.

HBD and Mama Melrose: If you are on DDP it's the same as if you were not. 1 credit for Mama Melrose, 2 credits for Brown Derby. You are entitled to appetizer, entree and dessert (even if you are on the regular plan). Mama Melrose does not allow selection of an individual dessert on the package, they serve a dessert sampler for the entire party.

If you have NOT specifically booked a Fantasmic package and you are eating at Mama Melrose or HBD the appetizer is NOT included on the regular dining plan.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #9
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran
 
visitingapril09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 803

I made reservations about a month ago for May 30th for a Fantasmic package at mama melrose's. I was sure at the the time I read that it was covered under the dining plan. Now my reservation says it is not and if I try and make a new reservation for another date it also says it is not on the dining plan........is this a glitch?
visitingapril09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #10
triciari
DIS Veteran
 
triciari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 960

If we go to MM for Fantasmic! Package on regular dining plan, with 2 adults, 3 kids, will the kids also share from the dessert "platter" or will they be able to get their own?
__________________
triciari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #11
stormer
DIS Veteran
 
stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 2,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari
If we go to MM for Fantasmic! Package on regular dining plan, with 2 adults, 3 kids, will the kids also share from the dessert "platter" or will they be able to get their own?
The kids get their own dessert. The spaghetti cupcake is a big hit with my kids.
__________________
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #12
Haley/Hayden Mom
Mouseketeer
 
Haley/Hayden Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Leeds, AL
Posts: 382

We did the F! package at MM last year when we went. DH and I did the appetizer for two cheese plate and oldest DD had a salad. Food was just ok and we were also given the dessert sampler. Youngest DD had the kids pizza and picked the cupcake. She would not touch that cupcake either. The toppings with the jam totally grossed her out an I ended up having to flip the thing upside down just so she could eat only the cake part. (She is not a picky child either, and will eat anything so this threw me for a loop). I say it's worth it for early entry to F! but not to just go and eat at MM. It is now on our never again list.
__________________
Amy
DH (46) Me (38) parents of a Fiddle Girl (13) and Princess Peanut (9) May 30-June 6, 2009 1st trip ASMusic June 4-June 11,2010 CBR Surprise we going to Disney!!!!! (Shhhh don't tell the kids) Heigh Ho Heigh Ho off to ASSports we go w/ free dining too. June 5-10, 2011 May 26-June 2, 2012 ASMu and Star Wars Weekend, Here we come!!!!
Aug 15-19, 2012 Because 1 trip wasn't enough this year. Ready to tackle the ruins at CSR May 18-25, 2013 time to party at POP August 7-11,2013 jumped in and bought APs. SSR here we come. Nov 7-10, 2013 Jingle Jungle 5K and MVMCP time at POFQ May 24-June 1, 2014 CSR here we come for our princesses bday
Haley/Hayden Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #13
marymaya
Mouseketeer
 
marymaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Hollywood & Vine is a buffet. Same if you are on Fantasmic package or no Fantasmic package.

HBD and Mama Melrose: If you are on DDP it's the same as if you were not. 1 credit for Mama Melrose, 2 credits for Brown Derby. You are entitled to appetizer, entree and dessert (even if you are on the regular plan). Mama Melrose does not allow selection of an individual dessert on the package, they serve a dessert sampler for the entire party.

If you have NOT specifically booked a Fantasmic package and you are eating at Mama Melrose or HBD the appetizer is NOT included on the regular dining plan.
Where is Hollywood and Vine Buffet? Is this show appropriate for a 3 and 5 year old? Can't you go to see the show but not do the dinner? Is it even worth it in that case?
marymaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,175

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaya View Post

Where is Hollywood and Vine Buffet? Is this show appropriate for a 3 and 5 year old? Can't you go to see the show but not do the dinner? Is it even worth it in that case?
You don't have to do dinner to see the show. My kids loved it but I highly recommend watching a YouTube video to gauge if you think it will be scary for your kids. There are a few parts that could scare young kids.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.