DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #61
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
where did you find this - looked for hours and could not find it

so please say!!!
Quote:
Magic Your Way ticket holders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets or passholders.
in order to book 60 days out, you would need some type of approved ticket media.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #62
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
in order to book 60 days out, you would need some type of approved ticket media.
you quoted me - why

have a pap

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #63
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears

Yes I will have to wait until news is released. My concern was that Magic Your Way ticket would still be able to use the current system and the PAP people with the RFID passes would be limited to 3. Yes we would be able to get 3 in advance which would be great but in return we would be limited in the amount of FP+ we can get. Hence my title of regretting the PAP.

One side note on something others have brought up. I thought you needed a reservation to tie the FP+ reservations to, only people staying on property will be able to use My Disney Experience (or what ever that system is called) to book the FP+ in advance. If you are not staying on property you will be able to get them until you enter the park. With Disney peeling back the extra magic hours I thought this was there new "on-site perk". That is why they have updated the online check in to 60 days. So in theory you have a room reserved, you can check in at 60 days and book your FP+ at the same time.

In the beginning this was promoted as a perk for onsite guests...... Oh you can book your Fast Passes before you arrive. Which I kind of agree with, they need to give something to the onsite guests to get them to pay all that money to stay in those hotels. The All star is $167.00 a night for nothing fancier then a Days Inn. I am DVC so I am hooked in no matter what they do unless I want to sell.

If this is true AP holders not staying on site would not be able to book them in advance.

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR, May 2014 VGF

Dream May 2011
Shellandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #64
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellandscott View Post
Yes I will have to wait until news is released. My concern was that Magic Your Way ticket would still be able to use the current system and the PAP people with the RFID passes would be limited to 3. Yes we would be able to get 3 in advance which would be great but in return we would be limited in the amount of FP+ we can get. Hence my title of regretting the PAP.

One side note on something others have brought up. I thought you needed a reservation to tie the FP+ reservations to, only people staying on property will be able to use My Disney Experience (or what ever that system is called) to book the FP+ in advance. If you are not staying on property you will be able to get them until you enter the park. With Disney peeling back the extra magic hours I thought this was there new "on-site perk". That is why they have updated the online check in to 60 days. So in theory you have a room reserved, you can check in at 60 days and book your FP+ at the same time.

In the beginning this was promoted as a perk for onsite guests...... Oh you can book your Fast Passes before you arrive. Which I kind of agree with, they need to give something to the onsite guests to get them to pay all that money to stay in those hotels. The All star is $167.00 a night for nothing fancier then a Days Inn. I am DVC so I am hooked in no matter what they do unless I want to sell.

If this is true AP holders not staying on site would not be able to book them in advance.
I have never seen anything that said this was a Resort guest perk, in fact everything I have read said it wasn't. That this was a park experience tied to your ticket.

But as stated, we simply don't know how it will work right now, and personally I think it will be a long time before we do.

The release will be very, very slow.

As to Extra Magic Hours leaving, that too at this point is rumor. All they have done is remove one night at the Magic Kingdom, the rest is rumor.

Last edited by Sammie; 03-29-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #65
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears

Sammie- They have already cut it from 3 hours to 2 hours. Now they are cutting a night at MK.

If advance FP+ reservations are open to everyone why would you want to pay double for a room?

FP+ would be available to everyone in park the same as FP is now.

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR, May 2014 VGF

Dream May 2011
Shellandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #66
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sammie- They have already cut it from 3 hours to 2 hours. Now they are cutting a night at MK.

If advance FP+ reservations are open to everyone why would you want to pay double for a room?

FP+ would be available to everyone in park the same as FP is now.
They cut it back last summer and not a word was said by anyone that it meant they were going to cut it completely out. They have always tweaked the hours.

Personally I would come near thinking they have cut back the MK hours to allow workers in there without guests to work on the roller coaster.

Only time will tell but I would take all rumors with a grain of salt.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #67
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

there is something that Disney is doing about - they are trying to get Florida to change the laws so they can use the plastic things

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_...aw_changes.htm

Old 03-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #68
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you quoted me - why

have a pap
Because you asked a question and I answered it.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #69
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Because you asked a question and I answered it.
want to know where the rules were found - the website - because those were the rules I was looking for and looked in the same place - searched disney site for fast passes + - but now Disney is not showing anything.

so really want the website where this was found.

which leave me to belief that Disney is changing the policies

Old 03-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #70
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
want to know where the rules were found - the website - because those were the rules I was looking for and looked in the same place - searched disney site for fast passes + - but now Disney is not showing anything.

Disney Park Experience Terms & Conditions
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...onditions.html
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #71
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

oh ok, and yes they are still tweaking the entire process and probably will over time. It is a work in progress and will be very slow in coming.

To find it on the website, go to the new website, scroll down and at the bottom on the right side you will see:

My Disney Experience
My Disney Experience
My Itinerary
My Reservations
Disney's PhotoPass
Get the Mobile App
Order Customized Maps
Vacation Package Guide
My Profile
Disney's Visa® Card
Park Experience Terms and Conditions - Updated: 3/28/2013
Park Experience Privacy
Radio Frequency Technology

Last edited by Sammie; 03-31-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #72
keys2kingdom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One side note on something others have brought up. I thought you needed a reservation to tie the FP+ reservations to, only people staying on property will be able to use My Disney Experience (or what ever that system is called) to book the FP+ in advance. If you are not staying on property you will not be able to get them until you enter the park. With Disney peeling back the extra magic hours I thought this was there new "on-site perk". That is why they have updated the online check in to 60 days. So in theory you have a room reserved, you can check in at 60 days and book your FP+ at the same time.
This was my impression as well and I took it a step further and assumed that offsite guests would be limited to 3 from whatever was left once they arrived in the park. Have no idea what will actually come to pass but it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #73
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keys2kingdom View Post
This was my impression as well and I took it a step further and assumed that offsite guests would be limited to 3 from whatever was left once they arrived in the park. Have no idea what will actually come to pass but it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Off-site guests that are using either a MYW ticket or an Annual Pass will be able to schedule FastPass+ selections 60 days in advance. From the Disney FastPass+ section of the Disney Park Experience Terms & Conditions:
Quote:
Magic Your Way ticket holders and annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #74
keys2kingdom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Off-site guests that are using either a MYW ticket or an Annual Pass will be able to schedule FastPass+ selections 60 days in advance. From the Disney FastPass+ section of the Disney Park Experience Terms & Conditions:

Interesting, I hope they change their minds and tie this to resort reservations instead of ticket media. Something like Uni's FOTL for resort guests.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #75
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keys2kingdom View Post
Interesting, I hope they change their minds and tie this to resort reservations instead of ticket media. Something like Uni's FOTL for resort guests.
As a local with an AP, I disagree.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: