Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #661
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer
 
1EvilQueenfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 366

Question for past brides! I've seen pictures of a cake cutting set with Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Etched into it! Is this something that they give you? Do you have to request it? Do you pay extra for it? I didn't see anything about it in the planning guide nor being included in the price of the wedding package. Your info an experience would greatly appreciated. I would really like that set

Thanks again,
Jodi
__________________
Jodi
1EvilQueenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #662
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,024

It wasn't included for me, but after our wedding, they started giving them to the couple as a gift. Not sure if that is still the case. I am sure it is in Carrie's Passporter Guide
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #663
AllisonK315
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Roxbury, NH
Posts: 17

Thanks Jillian for sending me that info! Your pictures were beautiful and it looks like everyone had an amazing time. The cake looked yummy by the way. I have had so much anxiety about the appearance and taste. One of my biggest concerns at the moment is photography. It scare me to not have any idea what I'm getting! Although some brides have had good experiences with DCL's photographer, it is not guaranteed. I suppose it might be time to look for a personal photographer.
__________________
AllisonK315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #664
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
Question for past brides! I've seen pictures of a cake cutting set with Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Etched into it! Is this something that they give you? Do you have to request it? Do you pay extra for it? I didn't see anything about it in the planning guide nor being included in the price of the wedding package. Your info an experience would greatly appreciated. I would really like that set

Thanks again,
Jodi
It came with out package as of 09/14/12, it wasn't delivered to our room until the next night, but we still got it. It's just collecting dust in our guest room closet, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK315 View Post
Thanks Jillian for sending me that info! Your pictures were beautiful and it looks like everyone had an amazing time. The cake looked yummy by the way. I have had so much anxiety about the appearance and taste. One of my biggest concerns at the moment is photography. It scare me to not have any idea what I'm getting! Although some brides have had good experiences with DCL's photographer, it is not guaranteed. I suppose it might be time to look for a personal photographer.
I'm glad my photos were helpful to you! I agree about the onboard photography nerves- I had heard mixed reviews from past-brides with their onboard photography! I could NOT risk having bad photos or NOT ENOUGH photos by going with their package since photography was such a huge priority of mine, so I searched HIGH and LOW to find somebody willing to come aboard with me in my tight budget. I wound up finding a pair of photographers willing to come for only the cost of their cruise (which was only $100 more than Disney's top photography package!) and I got all of the photos online and I got digital copies of the photos WITHOUT watermarks! I truly lucked out, and I know other brides have found similar deals, but otherwise photographers can be expensive to bring onboard with you! IF I hadn't found my photographers, I would've definitely purchased more time with the photographers, because you're only given about an hour to 90 minutes with the photographer and at MY wedding, we had 8-straight hours of photography (including the next day @ CC)
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #665
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."
 
chepic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RI/1500 miles from the mouse
Posts: 2,174







These are from 5 years ago from my vow renewal; mine was chocolate with the strawberry filling.....excellent cake. And we had a ton left over!!!

cheryl
__________________
Aug 2014 OKW/GV; Cruise Christmas 2014
chepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #666
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer
 
1EvilQueenfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
It wasn't included for me, but after our wedding, they started giving them to the couple as a gift. Not sure if that is still the case. I am sure it is in Carrie's Passporter Guide
Thanks! I didn't see it in there but I'll read it again to see if I can find it
__________________
Jodi
1EvilQueenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #667
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer
 
1EvilQueenfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 366

[QUOTE="JBeanBunny;47928857"]

It came with out package as of 09/14/12, it wasn't delivered to our room until the next night, but we still got it. It's just collecting dust in our guest room closet, though!

Thanks Jillian! So since you weren't given the set until the next night, what did you use to cut your cake? Did you bring your own set?
__________________
Jodi
1EvilQueenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #668
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
Thanks! I didn't see it in there but I'll read it again to see if I can find it
It's on page 170.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #669
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer
 
1EvilQueenfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post

It's on page 170.
Thanks Carrie !
__________________
Jodi
1EvilQueenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #670
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
Thanks Jillian! So since you weren't given the set until the next night, what did you use to cut your cake? Did you bring your own set?
We cut the cake with our serving set They just had to clean it, and then they had it delivered to our room the next night. We also brought our own toasting flutes (with crystals in the stem!) and they cleaned and delivered those to the room with the cake serving set. Here's how our room was arranged for us after dinner (and fireworks!) on our wedding night. We took this photo then scooped all of the petals into the trash and passed out! Haha, it was so late and we were SO exhausted and had to wake up early the next morning too! But it was pretty anyways!

JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #671
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer
 
1EvilQueenfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post

We cut the cake with our serving set They just had to clean it, and then they had it delivered to our room the next night. We also brought our own toasting flutes (with crystals in the stem!) and they cleaned and delivered those to the room with the cake serving set. Here's how our room was arranged for us after dinner (and fireworks!) on our wedding night. We took this photo then scooped all of the petals into the trash and passed out! Haha, it was so late and we were SO exhausted and had to wake up early the next morning too! But it was pretty anyways!
Jillian,

You are so funny!! Thanks and that is so pretty what they did to your room! We are planning on bringing our own flutes too. I'm planning on getting them at DTD before the cruise

Jodi
__________________
Jodi
1EvilQueenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #672
daniTS
Earning My Ears
 
daniTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8

Smile

What a great thread! I only got through the first 30 or so pages so far but I'll be back for more!

My FI and I have been engaged for about a year already and are doing a 7nt Alaska on the Wonder in July 2014. I'm starting to get a little worried because all of the least expensive cabins have already sold out, but looking at the July 2013 cruises there are at least some insides in all of them, so that's calming me down a little bit.

So far we are booked, along with his parents and my mom and grampa (I've never met my dad). We will probably end up with 20-30 people. So far we've emailed close family and a few friends with a heads up and booking info, but will be sending out invites in a couple of months. I'm a graphic designer and they are one of the most important things to me, so we're taking our time (a little bit) while still trying to get everything out at LEAST a year before--these Alaska cruises book quick!

I know lots of brides have been talking about photography so I'll just share what we've learned so far--it was pretty important for us to bring a photographer along and we figured the price of a cabin would roughly equal that of Disney's packages--we both want artistic shots and the chance to meet the photog first, so it seemed to make sense for us.

We put an ad up on a local site very similar to craigslist basically explaining who we were and saying that we were looking for a photog to come along for the cruise and do photos of the wedding day and one shore day (we'll be taking some Alaskan shots with me back in my dress), as well as ideally a few photos around and about the cruise in exchange for their cruise fair/transportation to Vancouver and mandatory tips.

We had NO idea how that would turn out, but within 48 hours we had 4 or 5 responses from really eager, talented, and lovely photographers! We've met with one today and meet with another tomorrow, and I'm confident we'll find someone we love.

My mom suggested that since we were going to be paying for the photographer and would need to match them up with someone to avoid the 200% single surcharge, we find a similar person to do hair and makeup and pay for them to share the cabin. So...similar thing! I asked someone to do hair/makeup for me and my MOH, mom, and little cousins on the wedding and second photo day, and then for me and 2-3 other women on the formal nights (I want to share it with my aunts or something).

Long story slightly less long, I got some responses from my ad, but actually emailed a woman I would have absolutely picked anyway and she was THRILLED to be asked. I met her the next day and we totally clicked, so we'll be absolutely using her and I can't wait. I don't think I've got enough posts to put in a link yet, but I would, so far, totally recommend erinbradley.ca

I'm not sure if the market is a bit saturated in Florida, but we had a great response to our tester ad, and everyone was thrilled to be involved. Plus doing it this way, we were only contacted by interested people--much nicer than being turned down. So far, I'd totally recommend this if you're looking to bring someone along!

Oh my goodness, that's long, sorry! I should probably go start a PJ

Happy planning everyone!
__________________

Disney on Land:
Tokyo Disney 1995, 2009 Paris Disney 2000 DL 2000, 2003, 2013 WDW 2001, 2002 Tokyo Disney Sea 2007
Other Cruises:
HAL Zaandam, Alaska, * 2004 NCLA POAloha, Hawaii, 2006
DCL:
Disney Wonder, Alaska, 2014 *wedding cruise*

Last edited by daniTS; 03-29-2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: switched 'TR' to 'PJ'
daniTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #673
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniTS View Post
What a great thread! I only got through the first 30 or so pages so far but I'll be back for more!

My FI and I have been engaged for about a year already and are doing a 7nt Alaska on the Wonder in July 2014. I'm starting to get a little worried because all of the least expensive cabins have already sold out, but looking at the July 2013 cruises there are at least some insides in all of them, so that's calming me down a little bit.

So far we are booked, along with his parents and my mom and grampa (I've never met my dad). We will probably end up with 20-30 people. So far we've emailed close family and a few friends with a heads up and booking info, but will be sending out invites in a couple of months. I'm a graphic designer and they are one of the most important things to me, so we're taking our time (a little bit) while still trying to get everything out at LEAST a year before--these Alaska cruises book quick!

I know lots of brides have been talking about photography so I'll just share what we've learned so far--it was pretty important for us to bring a photographer along and we figured the price of a cabin would roughly equal that of Disney's packages--we both want artistic shots and the chance to meet the photog first, so it seemed to make sense for us.

We put an ad up on a local site very similar to craigslist basically explaining who we were and saying that we were looking for a photog to come along for the cruise and do photos of the wedding day and one shore day (we'll be taking some Alaskan shots with me back in my dress), as well as ideally a few photos around and about the cruise in exchange for their cruise fair/transportation to Vancouver and mandatory tips.

We had NO idea how that would turn out, but within 48 hours we had 4 or 5 responses from really eager, talented, and lovely photographers! We've met with one today and meet with another tomorrow, and I'm confident we'll find someone we love.

My mom suggested that since we were going to be paying for the photographer and would need to match them up with someone to avoid the 200% single surcharge, we find a similar person to do hair and makeup and pay for them to share the cabin. So...similar thing! I asked someone to do hair/makeup for me and my MOH, mom, and little cousins on the wedding and second photo day, and then for me and 2-3 other women on the formal nights (I want to share it with my aunts or something).

Long story slightly less long, I got some responses from my ad, but actually emailed a woman I would have absolutely picked anyway and she was THRILLED to be asked. I met her the next day and we totally clicked, so we'll be absolutely using her and I can't wait. I don't think I've got enough posts to put in a link yet, but I would, so far, totally recommend erinbradley.ca

I'm not sure if the market is a bit saturated in Florida, but we had a great response to our tester ad, and everyone was thrilled to be involved. Plus doing it this way, we were only contacted by interested people--much nicer than being turned down. So far, I'd totally recommend this if you're looking to bring someone along!

Oh my goodness, that's long, sorry! I should probably go start a PJ

Happy planning everyone!
Welcome!! Sounds like you've got a lot of your planning underway! Congrats! I made my own invitations also, and it's a very rewarding experience! I love your idea with placing a classified ad for photographer/cosmetologist! I wish I'd thought of that! I had my photographer bring one of her colleagues, so I had two shooters and I was incredibly fortunate that my mom's long-time hairstylist came aboard to do my hair and makeup (and mom's, too!) as a guest of my wedding! I LOVED having my own hair stylist that I trust aboard with me instead of making an appointment with somebody unknown! Also, my grandmother had a large handicapped room in the corner and there was PLENTY of space for us to get ready in (We probably had 7 or 8 people running around that room!) It was a lot more space than a standard cabin! It will always be my recommendation to have somebody in your party book a corner or handicapped corner room if you can! It was a wonderful surprise and a blessing to have that big beautiful room to get ready in!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #674
daniTS
Earning My Ears
 
daniTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8

Oooh that's a good idea! What does someone have to show in order to get a handicapped room? One of the official parking tags or something similar? I have a family member that has mobility issues and probably won't know it's an option, so I'd like to let him know

Thanks!
Dani
__________________

Disney on Land:
Tokyo Disney 1995, 2009 Paris Disney 2000 DL 2000, 2003, 2013 WDW 2001, 2002 Tokyo Disney Sea 2007
Other Cruises:
HAL Zaandam, Alaska, * 2004 NCLA POAloha, Hawaii, 2006
DCL:
Disney Wonder, Alaska, 2014 *wedding cruise*

Last edited by daniTS; 03-29-2013 at 11:48 PM. Reason: added more details
daniTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #675
*Nessa*
Cinderella is proof... a new pair of shoes can change your life
 
*Nessa*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 254

Hi everyone

After a long break from dis Iím back as we are looking at ideas for our 5yr anniversary, itís so great to find the cruise brides still going strong!!

Date wise it's still a long way off but due to the distance we will need to have a basic plan set around June this year if we want to go ahead with a VR. At this stage Iím leaning towards a VR on the Alaskan cruise while DH is keen for Hawaii!

I know I have a lot of reading to catch up on but was wondering if any of the past brides from 5 or 6 years ago were still around that might be able to give me a quick update on any big changes from the old packages vs whatís on offer now or any tips on what to watch out for.

Thanks Vee
__________________

2002 Disneyland Hotel - 2004 Disneyland Hotel - 2006 - DL Grand California
2009 DL Paradise Pier - 2009 WDW OKW / POLY / WL - 2009 DFTW Western & Eastern Caribbean
2014 DCL Alaska & California Coast/DL 2015 DL/WDW/DCL Fantasy
MY PLANNING BLOG OUR WEDDING WEBSITE www.mattandnessa.com

*Nessa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: