Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
lego606
Mouseketeer

I guess WDW is nicer about Tower then :P
Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #17
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cais View Post
CPs aren't allowed to cross train, so she'll only be working one ride.
Not necessarily. I know CPs that have been cross-trained
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #18
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cais View Post
CPs aren't allowed to cross train, so she'll only be working one ride. Magic kingdom attractions are the only ones scheduled candy shifts but others can pick them up. It's tough though. Christmas shifts require you to be food trained so that's harder.

Your recruiter doesn't have much say in where you go. Basically it boils down to operational need and can only really be influenced in the interview process.

I've always said the ride you work is the least important factor in the enjoyment of your cp. Even a crappy ride can be amazing with a great group of people. And rides that everyone wants like Jungle Cruise? I've known people spend six months desperately giving away every single jungle shift so that they would never ever ever ever have to work that ride again. I've seen so many people go through that and end up hating it and then getting pulled to it constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That is not true. I've seen other CPs in this program being cross trained. I know of at least one.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musings View Post

That is not true. I've seen other CPs in this program being cross trained. I know of at least one.
It may not never happen, but it's a rarity that it does I'm sure. Because I remember someone asking a manager about cross training during my cp and they said they don't do that. So it's likely it depends on operational need and how intense the training is for the attraction.
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
Cais
DIS Veteran

Like many rules at Disney, they are set in stone until you know the right person.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer

In Disneyland, I know a bunch of people who got to cross-train during the college program. I myself did! I cross-trained to another position in my restaurant (food prep to order cook) but I think I would have been able to cross-train to any table service location, back of house.

My roommate trained on more attractions in Fantasyland during the program, and I know other people who got cross-trained to other locations in their role as well. The rule for cross-training, I believe, is that you can't do it until after your probation, which I think is 3 months. I cross-trained about 5 months into the program, though they were asking me to do so a while before that because we needed more OCs.

ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielinWonderland View Post
In Disneyland, I know a bunch of people who got to cross-train during the college program. I myself did! I cross-trained to another position in my restaurant (food prep to order cook) but I think I would have been able to cross-train to any table service location, back of house.

My roommate trained on more attractions in Fantasyland during the program, and I know other people who got cross-trained to other locations in their role as well. The rule for cross-training, I believe, is that you can't do it until after your probation, which I think is 3 months. I cross-trained about 5 months into the program, though they were asking me to do so a while before that because we needed more OCs.
So it probably depends on 1) Which Resort (WDW or DLR) 2) your role 3) your location (larger attractions like RnR are probably less likely to cross train during a CP due to the amount of time it takes to train/safety rules differ/etc. while areas like Fantasyland cross train for attractions such as Peter Pan or IASW or in Tomorrowland you could be at Stitch & People Mover) and 4) Operational need

So, it's probably safe to say that it's not impossible since some have friends cross train or have cross trained themselves... but that it highly depends on the above factors and your managers.
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: