Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
disnygirl55
Meeska Mooseka Mouseketeer

Category 4 Recommendation for Magic / Wonder

My family is planning a VERY future trip to the Med (If the itinerary is available) for summer of 2016. Just looking at the Med prices, it is going to be difficult to justify a Category T 1-bedroom suite for around $28K . We've never sailed in a different category, so it's going to take a little getting used to, I'm sure. On the classic ships, we've always sailed in a sideways Category T.

Knowing that, can anyone recommend a good stateroom in Category 4? Verandah is an absolute must for us.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and the prices will go down by then, but I'm not holding my breath. It's also possible that we'll change our mind about the price point by then...

Thanks for any advice you have!

disnygirl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
NC_Tink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnygirl55 View Post
My family is planning a VERY future trip to the Med (If the itinerary is available) for summer of 2016. Just looking at the Med prices, it is going to be difficult to justify a Category T 1-bedroom suite for around $28K . We've never sailed in a different category, so it's going to take a little getting used to, I'm sure. On the classic ships, we've always sailed in a sideways Category T.

Knowing that, can anyone recommend a good stateroom in Category 4? Verandah is an absolute must for us.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and the prices will go down by then, but I'm not holding my breath. It's also possible that we'll change our mind about the price point by then...

Last time we were on the Magic -- we were far forward in 8514. We really liked it -- there wasn't much traffic because it was almost at the end of the hall. It was quiet for this reason and because the stateroom is under the spa - so no chairs being moved around on the deck at 4am. On a prior cruise we were more midship, under the pool area, and noise from above was a problem for us in the early morning hours.

2013 (Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean), 2011 (off-site); 2010 (Magic - Mediterranean), 2009 (Magic - Western Caribbean), 2008 (CBR), 2007 (Poly, Wonder - 4 day & AKL), 2005 (AKL), 2005 RCCL, 2004 (off-site) & (Poly & AKL), 2002 (off-site), 2001 (off-site), 1997 RCCL, 1993 (off-site), MK - several times prior to 1980
NC_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
disnygirl55

Thanks NC Tink, I appreciate the advice about location - I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnygirl55 View Post

Our first cruise, we were in Cabin 8058 and loved having all that space (family of four). But for affordability, we moved down to Deck 6 for future cruises and have found it to be fine - I think the cabin we get now is a Category 5C - cabin 6116. We love it because the location is good, it has a verandah, and it's above the lifeboats and no cabins directly underneath.

Do you need the extra space that a Category 4 offers? I don't know all the new categories, just the cabin locations

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

We have been in 8044. It is midship, close to everything, and has a veranda.
Stitch'sCousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
disnygirl55

Thanks everyone - several good points. No, we don't need the extra space - there are only 3 of us, but we enjoy an open floor plan and all the room to roam around the cabin that the category T gives us. We splurged on concierge our very first cruise, and just find it hard to imagine being in a "standard hotel room" type layout for several days. We are completely spoiled, I admit it. As a result, we can't afford to cruise every year, but we enjoy our cruises and the time in our stateroom and hanging out on our verandah SO VERY MUCH!

The cost of a Med cruise on Disney is staggering - but if we could find a way, we'd book a suite again. Just telling myself that on a Med cruise, there will be so many ports of call and so many fun excursions, that we won't spend much time in our stateroom at all....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: