Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #31
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post

Btw- India makes me wonder...how great would an India ABD be? Anyone else interested if ABD did that? Taj Mahal, tiger safari, I would certainly like that too! Any one else want to try that?
THIS!!!! I started a thread, 'New Tours', the same day I started this thread, maybe a day later. India was the reason I started that one. I looked into India last year, for this year. We ended up doing Peru later last year (Oct 2012). So India is back on the drawing board for next year.

Right now, we are primarily trying to travel based on bucket lists, although, we did visit Costa Rica in January last year, just because we were interested. We are not taking any international trips this year, but we are still getting some checks off our list domestically. (Aulani is on mine, going in 15 days).

It is on my bucket list to visit all New 7 Wonders of the World, and the pyramids. We've only done 2 so far. We are new international travelers (2011), other than when DBF goes home to visit family in El Salvador.

PS. Polynesia is a DREAM of mine!!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #32
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
THIS!!!! I started a thread, 'New Tours', the same day I started this thread, maybe a day later. India was the reason I started that one. I looked into India last year, for this year. We ended up doing Peru later last year (Oct 2012). So India is back on the drawing board for next year.

Right now, we are primarily trying to travel based on bucket lists, although, we did visit Costa Rica in January last year, just because we were interested. We are not taking any international trips this year, but we are still getting some checks off our list domestically. (Aulani is on mine, going in 15 days).

It is on my bucket list to visit all New 7 Wonders of the World, and the pyramids. We've only done 2 so far. We are new international travelers (2011), other than when DBF goes home to visit family in El Salvador.

PS. Polynesia is a DREAM of mine!!!
Well, you are hooked now I found once I started traveling, I loved making connections about how similar the world is vs the differences! For instance how is that the creation stories of the Inuits ( in Alaska/BC) can be so similar to the creation stories of the aboriginals in Australia - we know they never mingled! Fascinating!
Enjoy your Wonders! Also, did you know there is now a list of " modern wonders" and also, Unesco heritage sites make a nice travel list too...oh it just never ends!
BTW- predictably- FP was AMAZING and I want to go back there too!
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #33
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Well, you are hooked now I found once I started traveling, I loved making connections about how similar the world is vs the differences! For instance how is that the creation stories of the Inuits ( in Alaska/BC) can be so similar to the creation stories of the aboriginals in Australia - we know they never mingled! Fascinating!
Enjoy your Wonders! Also, did you know there is now a list of " modern wonders" and also, Unesco heritage sites make a nice travel list too...oh it just never ends!
BTW- predictably- FP was AMAZING and I want to go back there too!
Yes, I am hooked!! One of our favorite things to see similarities on is kids. Kids are the same, no matter where you are. They are no different. It reminds me of when I was a kid, a very distant cousin of mine came to visit from Guatemala. She spoke no English, and I no Spanish. That didn't stop us from playing, creating games, etc.

And yes, I was aware of the moderns, naturals, industrials, etc. Not so interested in those. UNESCO sites, there are SO many!! There are a few I would like to see for sure, such as Leaning Tower of Pisa, Terra Cotta Warriors, etc. A few of the warriors are on display here in SF until May, we will go visit, but I would still like to see them in China.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: