Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #2731
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran
 
emilyindisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Home Depot doesn't carry the Disney line of paints anymore. (Or maybe they do but don't have the Mickey head paint chips anymore.) Sorry.
Bummer! Do you guys know anywhere that might still sell Disney paint? If not, any suggestions for how to find something similarly colored?
__________________

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)



"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #2732
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer
 
missx0xdelaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 180

I'm pretty sure the paint was Home Depot exclusive, but I may be wrong. It's still sold online, but they don't have a display with paint chips in the store anymore. I read somewhere that they had changed to plain chips too before going away completely.
__________________
Ari (me) Tony (dbf) - Annual Passholders since Jan 2013!
FUTURE FLORIDA RESIDENTS! - March 2014!



Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #2733
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran
 
emilyindisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney View Post
I'm pretty sure the paint was Home Depot exclusive, but I may be wrong. It's still sold online, but they don't have a display with paint chips in the store anymore. I read somewhere that they had changed to plain chips too before going away completely.
Maybe I'll just print a lime green Mickey off the computer and hope for the best!
__________________

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)



"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #2734
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer
 
missx0xdelaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post

Maybe I'll just print a lime green Mickey off the computer and hope for the best!
I had this same dilemma a few months ago, went to two Home Depots before I found out! I actually ended up printing a plain black Mickey and used it as an outline to trace on lime green scrapbook paper!
__________________
Ari (me) Tony (dbf) - Annual Passholders since Jan 2013!
FUTURE FLORIDA RESIDENTS! - March 2014!



Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #2735
theparsons
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 808

The guy at our Home Depot said that they switched to the plain color chips because so many of the mickey heads were disappearing and the colors were rarely being mixed. Looking at places like Pinterest, I can see where he was right...there are hundreds of posts where people are using dozens and dozens of those Mickey heads for projects, lol.

For those who want to make multiple Mickey heads, there are hole punches available...they can run $10-15 so obviously not worth it if you only want 1 punch or something, but if you're making a countdown or something where you want a whole bunch of them, it may be worth it. The one I have is about an inch and a half.

Edited to add: There are also people on Etsy and ebay that will sell you the punched out figure for a buck or two. Just search "Mickey paper punch". Some let you choose your own color paper, but checking a few this morning I don't see any lime green, but hey you could always ask them!

Last edited by theparsons; 03-23-2013 at 06:39 AM.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #2736
Brendonsmom
Love the Magic
 
Brendonsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Outside Atlanta, GA
Posts: 78

x

Last edited by Brendonsmom; 03-23-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Brendonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #2737
seadd67
DIS Veteran
 
seadd67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Seattle,wa
Posts: 3,546

I am so excited for my Oct and MNSSHP trip, I am staying at POP and drawing out plans for the room and window. I am thinking of deco the door also. I send down my decos with other supply's a week ahead of time so it does not take up luggage room.
__________________
seadd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #2738
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears
 
ZoeisMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by theparsons
The guy at our Home Depot said that they switched to the plain color chips because so many of the mickey heads were disappearing and the colors were rarely being mixed. Looking at places like Pinterest, I can see where he was right...there are hundreds of posts where people are using dozens and dozens of those Mickey heads for projects, lol.

For those who want to make multiple Mickey heads, there are hole punches available...they can run $10-15 so obviously not worth it if you only want 1 punch or something, but if you're making a countdown or something where you want a whole bunch of them, it may be worth it. The one I have is about an inch and a half.

Edited to add: There are also people on Etsy and ebay that will sell you the punched out figure for a buck or two. Just search "Mickey paper punch". Some let you choose your own color paper, but checking a few this morning I don't see any lime green, but hey you could always ask them!
I send out ones from my cricket all the time....it's a blessing.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
ZoeisMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #2739
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!
 
momimouse27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 728

Yeah, I use my cricut to cut them also. It's very convenient.
__________________
momimouse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #2740
FlaNani
Mouseketeer
 
FlaNani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 226

I have never thought about doing this!! I've been to Disney World more times than I can count, and this has never crossed my mind.
We are going with friends and our 1 1/2 year old granddaughter in August. I'm going to make some cute little Mickey heads and put them on the door.
Thanks so much for the idea!!
Is there a reason everyone seems to use the lime green? Or can I use different colors?

Nani
__________________
I've visited the World more times than I can count! Now I'm introducing my granddaugter to the magic!

FlaNani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #2741
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaNani View Post
Is there a reason everyone seems to use the lime green? Or can I use different colors?
Somehow lime green became associated with DISboards. So basically, lime green is just to identify yourself as a DISer.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #2742
CantWaitToGoAgain
Earning My Ears
 
CantWaitToGoAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wisconsin but close enough to MN border.
Posts: 48

Disney paint at Walmart

Hey everyone-
Today, 3/29, I was looking at my local Walmart ad on line and there's a full page (pg 28) ad for Glidden Disney paint (glow in the dark, glitter and chalkboard). Not sure what they have in store for SAMPLES, but my next trip down you know I'm looking for a Lime Green Mickey head!!!!
I'll report back unless someone else can beat me to it!! Fingers crossed!!
__________________
Me , DH , DS4 and Poodie
CantWaitToGoAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2743
crzyeeyoreangel
Mouseketeer
 
crzyeeyoreangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Owensboro, KY USA
Posts: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWaitToGoAgain
Hey everyone-
Today, 3/29, I was looking at my local Walmart ad on line and there's a full page (pg 28) ad for Glidden Disney paint (glow in the dark, glitter and chalkboard). Not sure what they have in store for SAMPLES, but my next trip down you know I'm looking for a Lime Green Mickey head!!!!
I'll report back unless someone else can beat me to it!! Fingers crossed!!

Was so excited to see this too. But my Walmart had the standard cardboard paint samples. No Mickey shaped ones for me.
__________________
Charlotte & Joe Nicholas
Bitten By the Disney Bug--I'm Back!!!!
~ First Trip: April 25-May 1, 2009@POP
~DISNEY WORLD SPRING 2015 OR BUST

crzyeeyoreangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #2744
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY
 
Patrickprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bucoda washington
Posts: 976

windo cling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouseclubhouse View Post
Oh no, I'm not making my own, just the store-bought ones I just don't like the way they look from the outside if you have the clings facing inward.



ITA about them not looking as good if you put them with the design facing inward, I'll have to give what you said a try. Maybe the moisture is the "secret" I was missing lol

Thanks everyone who responded!
I will also have a window cling but i'm haveing my custom made by a great printer in my arena. I told him what i needed for and no promblem. It's going to be a little expesive but it will but it will be well made
__________________
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest A proud Disney stock holder. A fan for life of the Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Seahawks 2014 superbowl champions
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #2745
kimmy214
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcork1026 View Post
I went to Wal-Mart and bought a yard of "clear vinyl", my dd's and I then printed out free coloring pics from various websites. We traced our pics. onto the vinyl, and then got permanent markers and colored in our pics. We now have "home-made" window clings. My daughter also leaves her Mickey and Minnie stuffed animals in the window.

I love the idea of the green Mickey heads....Home Depot here I come!
I have a ton of that clear vinyl from making lunch sacks! Thanks for the idea!! This will come in handy!
kimmy214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: