Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
scarlett24
Dreamin' of Disney

I would think with a child under 3, you will be spending lots of time at The Magic Kingdom. The Grand Floridian, The Polynesian and The Contemporary are the MK area resorts. Of those three, I would pick The Polynesian. You can get back and forth to the MK via the monorail or a pleasant boat ride. You can also easily ride the TTC monorail to Epcot, which leaves you on a bus only for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. I really found the monorail convenient when our baby was asleep in her stroller and it was time to go back to the hotel. Just roll on, no waking the baby to fold up the stroller and load onto a bus. The rooms will have 2 queen beds and a daybed, and the rooms are quite large. It is not one large building, but several longhouses, but the grounds are beautiful and the resort is not very big. You could easily walk from one end of the resort to the other in about 6 mins. I also like the Contemporary and GF, just like the Poly theming the best. Also love that you can watch Wishes from the beach of The Poly. The music is piped in and no huge crowds to contend with. Love the restaurants at The Poly too, Captain Cooks (Dole whips), O'Hana and Kona Cafe-yum.
December 2007 Wilderness Lodge

December 2008 Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2010 Polynesian
May 2012 Polynesian
May 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy-our first cruise! Poly & Yacht and Beach Club
April 2014 Polynesian

scarlett24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

Roaring Forks has indoor seating.

Check post #8 of this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969675

And I also noticed the OP says there isn't a kiddie pool at WL, but here's a picture of it:

http://allears.net/acc/wl98.jpg
Thank u
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerMarie View Post
We've been to WDW twice in the past year, staying at Wilderness Lodge in September 2012 and Coronado Springs just this February.

We MAY go back in September of this year, or more likely January/February of 2014. We liked the February weather much better. Being from (also) hot and humid south Louisiana, the February weather actually felt like a vacation, rather than going from sweltering to ... sweltering.

What we liked about WL: boat to MK, great theming, kids' club
What we didn't like about WL: CS too crowded/NO indoor seating!, no kiddie pool, cramped layout in room, TS didn't appeal for many reasons

What we liked about CSR: plenty of CS seating, great playground, kiddie pool, good theming, spacious room (little spaces to park the stroller, plus large sink area with separating door! woo!
Didn't like: too much walking, buses (never again)

I've done some deduction and I think I know what we want, but which resorts have this?

Transportation to parks, other than buses. (so deluxe minus Animal Kingdom, or Fort Wilderness, right?)

All in one building. (OR a good chance of being able to get a room in the main building with the restaurants, etc ... Contemporary, what others? I don't know anything about the Boardwalk area resorts. DH is insisting that he walks enough in the parks, and I'm inclined to agree.)

Good kiddie pool. (So strike WL from the list as there's no kiddie pool at all ... I don't know about the others.)

Great theming. We enjoyed that aspect of both WL and CSR. (Contemporary seems not to have this so much, we've been to Chef Mickey's and walked around a bit, and were underwhelmed.)

And more than two beds, since next time our DS, albeit still under 3, will likely be too big for a pack'n'play. He's zooming up the growth charts! (I've heard GF and the Poly, and maybe YC/BC have daybeds, etc. All rooms or just certain categories?)

Of course there are tradeoffs to be made. In order of importance the list would probably read: room size/extra bed, all in one building, transportation, theming, kiddie pool, restaurants.

So, where would you stay?
If you want to skip the buses go to a Monrail ersort, Contemporary, Poly, Grand Floridian, but you only have 2 parks you can ride to. Buses to the other 2, AK and DHS

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013
Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: