Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
brentm77
Earning My Ears

May 4th - how cool?

First, thanks to everyone on these boards. Although I post very little, I have been lurking here since we booked our cruise several months ago. It is very informative and entertaining.

My family is setting sell on the Fantasy on May 4, 2013. This will be our first Disney Cruise (my wife's first cruise on any line). She is wondering the following, for the purposes of planning what clothes to pack:

1) How cool are the evenings on-board the ship, but outside?
2) How cool are the dining rooms (she is the type that tends to get cool in movie theaters in the middle of summer - with their AC running full blast)?
3) How cool is the theater where you watch the stage shows?

Thank you!
Brent
brentm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentm77 View Post
First, thanks to everyone on these boards. Although I post very little, I have been lurking here since we booked our cruise several months ago. It is very informative and entertaining.

My family is setting sell on the Fantasy on May 4, 2013. This will be our first Disney Cruise (my wife's first cruise on any line). She is wondering the following, for the purposes of planning what clothes to pack:

1) How cool are the evenings on-board the ship, but outside?
2) How cool are the dining rooms (she is the type that tends to get cool in movie theaters in the middle of summer - with their AC running full blast)?
3) How cool is the theater where you watch the stage shows?

Thank you!
Brent
1) They keep the temperature on-ship around 72 I would say. Outside in May could be mid-60s.
2) my DW wears a dress jacket to all dinners, and theater events. She has never gotten hot. the DW even slips on a DIS hoody on occasion for the entertainment after dinner. Also we go on the top deck after the evening entertainment for a slice of pizza. Your DW will need something on there also.
3) About 72 degrees.

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-6, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 8, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
FLUFFYCAT
Mouseketeer

Brent, my family is also going on the May 4th Fantasy cruise!! Are you on our Facebook group? Also, we have a fish extenders group. Hope to see you on the cruise!
Darlene
FLUFFYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

I find the dining rooms very, very cold. I was so cold one evening, they gave me a table cloth to put around my shoulders. After that, I always brought a sweater.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
brentm77
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the helpful replies.

We considered the fish extenders, but decided it wasn't for us this time out. It sounds like fun, but we are very private people and don't feel comfortable putting our family information online, especially with a room number. We also weren't sure we wanted to take the time to make/distribute gifts. But the idea is fun. Maybe next time.

Also, we aren't current Face Book users.

But thanks for mentioning them. Counting down the days!
brentm77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: