DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
theOCdisney
Mouseketeer

Waitlist...has this happened to you?

I had an active waitlist, but thought I would routinely self-check the dates. Sure enough, tonight when I checked the exact dates and villa there it was! (This has happened to me with Interval International, hence the reason I did it.) Has this happened to any of you? Why didn't the computer match? Glad I checked!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

this happened to me for my trip in April. Had a waitlist but kept checking the website and found the exact days and room size so I snatched it up and canceled the waitlist.
Poohs Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

No one really knows how often the system runs for waitlist matches, but I think with online booking, and cancelations possible at all hours, rooms go back in inventory before a run can be made.

I wonder if it has played a role. Before, members wouldn't be able to check expect for calling MS but now, we can all hours.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger

This is the reason why I check 2 times a day for availability.

bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Never happened to me, but I would think that waitlists only get checked every so often. I doubt their system cross checks every time a cancellation goes through with every waitlist it has.

It probably only does it at certain times.

Did you book it and cancel your waitlist?

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
wink13
Just a bit Goofy

This has happened to me a couple of times. For our Nov 2012 and Feb 2013 trip I was looking for only a couple of nights but I just cancelled the waitlist and booked.

However my waitlist for October 2013 just came through so the waitlist still has some value.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
theOCdisney
Mouseketeer

Yes, Amy I grabbed it and cx the waitlist. Now our trip is complete. We are flying into Orlando, staying one night in a Treehouse, driving over the next day to Vero Beach for three nights, then up to Hilton Head for three nights. Flying home from Charleston. Being from the west coast we have never driven through that part of the country. It will just be my husband and I. We've rented a convertible and we are really looking forward to it. According to Mapquest it should take 6-7 hours. :

I feel very fortunate. I just booked this last week and we are going the second week of May. It was the Hilton Head reservation that was waitlisted.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOCdisney View Post
Yes, Amy I grabbed it and cx the waitlist. Now our trip is complete. We are flying into Orlando, staying one night in a Treehouse, driving over the next day to Vero Beach for three nights, then up to Hilton Head for three nights. Flying home from Charleston. Being from the west coast we have never driven through that part of the country. It will just be my husband and I. We've rented a convertible and we are really looking forward to it. According to Mapquest it should take 6-7 hours. :

I feel very fortunate. I just booked this last week and we are going the second week of May. It was the Hilton Head reservation that was waitlisted.
OMG, that sounds aMAZing.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
2binak
DVC Owner

In 2011, we were waitlisted for one night in the middle of a week-long stay at BWV. I couldn't take the wait or the thought of splitting a stay so one day I called MS to see if we could get a SV at AKV instead but they were booked. The CM asked, "Do you not want to stay at BWV that week?" I told her that we were waitlisted for one night and she said, "Hold on", clicked a few keys and then said, "That night is available. Do you want me to grab it before someone else does?" I don't know why that one night didn't match up to my waitlist, or anyone else's for that matter, but there it was, just sitting out there. So glad I called that day but a bit unsure of why the system didn't match the room with the waitlist as soon as it became available.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT,11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: