Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,562

DCL transfers in Galveston

Has anyone done DCL transfers in Galveston? Do you have photos of the bus they used? When I called they told me that there was no way to know what time they would pick us up or what type of vehicle would be used. It could be a taxi, van, or shuttle. They said that they would let us know a few days before. I am on the fence about this. There are 6 of us and I will be bringing car seats for my youngest two and I want them to be in them. Just curious if it is like a mini van or more like a super shuttle? I am assuming it is nothing like Magical Express? I also am assuming they can't stick 6 of us in a taxi. Also how did you feel the service was?

Does anyone know where pick up is at IAH? How did they let you know what time to be there? Our flight is coming in the night before so we will have to go to a hotel, and then make our way back to IAH. Lastly, if you did use DCL to Hobby what time did the van leave the port? Our flight got bumped up to 12:30 now and I am worried about making it in time. I booked a private transfer but I am now having a few problems with them and I am thinking about switching to DCL for the transfers. Our cruise is coming up quick so I really need to decide this today. Thank you!!
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
lanemckenna
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 10

Hi-

I was on the Feb 15 cruise and did not hear any positive comments on the DCL transportation from fellow passengers.

I used Vista Shuttles round trip from IAH and highly recommend the service. Dedicated van for a family your size, DVD video for the kids, pickup at desired time, and less than $250 round trip.

Enjoy your cruise. My family really enjoyed the Magic!
lanemckenna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanemckenna View Post
Hi-

I was on the Feb 15 cruise and did not hear any positive comments on the DCL transportation from fellow passengers.

I used Vista Shuttles round trip from IAH and highly recommend the service. Dedicated van for a family your size, DVD video for the kids, pickup at desired time, and less than $250 round trip.

Enjoy your cruise. My family really enjoyed the Magic!
Thank you! I will look into Vista Shuttles then. I really appreciate the referral.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,562

They do not have any availability on the days I need.

Anyone else have ideas or more information about the DCL transfer? THanks.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!
 
Luv2Diz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Great Northwest
Posts: 1,166

We used the DCL shuttle from Hobby in December and were happy with it! When I phoned in a week before our cruise, the rep told us to be at the airport at 9:30, so we arrived about 9:20. (We had flown in the night before, so just took the motel shuttle back to the airport.)

At the motel shuttle pick-up/drop off area at the airport, there was a uniformed Disney rep directing people to the DCL shuttle. They were already loading the shuttle, so we got on and departed about 20 minutes later. It was a 45 minute ride from Hobby to the port.

The shuttle vehicles do vary. From Hobby to the port, we had about a 20 passenger mini-bus with logo on the side "Houston Medical Center." From the port back to Hobby, it was a full size luxury bus.

We were pleased with the DCL transfers and will be using them again on our May cruise.
__________________
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014

Last edited by Luv2Diz; 03-29-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
We used the DCL shuttle from Hobby in December and were happy with it! When I phoned in a week before our cruise, the rep told us to be at the airport at 9:30, so we arrived about 9:20. (We had flown in the night before, so just took the motel shuttle back to the airport.)

At the motel shuttle pick-up/drop off area at the airport, there was a uniformed Disney rep directing people to the DCL shuttle. They were already loading the shuttle, so we got on and departed about 20 minutes later. It was a 45 minute ride from Hobby to the port.

The shuttle vehicles do vary. From Hobby to the port, we had about a 20 passenger mini-bus with logo on the side "Houston Medical Center." From the port back to Hobby, it was a full size luxury bus.

We were pleased with the DCL transfers and will be using them again on our May cruise.
Thank you for your review. If you do not mind me asking, what time did you leave port? Do you think I will make it on DCL back to Hobby for a 12:30 flight out? Thanks!
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!
 
Luv2Diz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Great Northwest
Posts: 1,166

I want to say that we left the port around 10:00 and arrived at Hobby at 10:45. We were in no rush since our flight didn't leave until almost 4 p.m.!

You should be okay with a 12:30 flight if you get off the ship pretty promptly on disembarkation day and get through customs.

Since we were in no hurry, we took our time eating breakfast at Topsiders and got off the ship probably close to 9 a.m. We were in the middle of the customs "rush" and the line was long! It took us at least 30 minutes to find our luggage then get through customs.
__________________
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
I want to say that we left the port around 10:00 and arrived at Hobby at 10:45. We were in no rush since our flight didn't leave until almost 4 p.m.!

You should be okay with a 12:30 flight if you get off the ship pretty promptly on disembarkation day and get through customs.

Since we were in no hurry, we took our time eating breakfast at Topsiders and got off the ship probably close to 9 a.m. We were in the middle of the customs "rush" and the line was long! It took us at least 30 minutes to find our luggage then get through customs.
Ok. Thank you very much. I think I will just do that then. I appreciate your help.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.