DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #76
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
Yes--I am going to do that as soon as I get around to it. I actually started to make a list and it was taking longer than expected and then something else came up....but I will do that. I know this has been requested by others, so I'll get it done!
Thanks a bunch! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #77
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Finalized my dates this morning, and they're slightly different from what I originally posted. I'm going 10/15-10/25. The first 4 notes I'm at AKV-Kidani, which I'm really excited about trying-I've never stayed at Kidani, only Jambo. Then on 10/19, I move to BCV until the 25th. I'm using FF miles, so I just had to take the closest dates I could. And fortunately, there were rooms at Kidani for those extra nights.
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #78
jjk3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
We be there Oct. 2-8 BWV. Last time we did F&W we only had one day. We picked a Thursday (no local crowd). Well it RAINED that day, it was a new record for Orlando, 8" of rain in 24 hrs. We had our Urban Sombreros (J. Peterman Catalog) , Ponchos and Teva's and we had a great time. It wasn't our first but it's the one we will never forget.
I know this is a kind of old post, but are you referring to a day in early October, 2011?

I only ask because we were there (I believe Oct 2-10) at that time and, while I am used to the typical mid-day showers, it rained for a ~1.5 day period like I had never seen before. It started one evening while we were in Epcot and came down so hard you could barely see. And the strange thing was it did not stop until the next night. I thought someone told me while I was there that it was a record rainfall of some sort. It rained a lot that trip, but nothing like that 24-36 hour period.

Maybe we met you at Epcot! We met a lot of folks while waiting around. We spent most of our time inside the Mexico pavilion. Much to my surprise, Epcot still put on Illuminations in the rain after a delay in which the rain died down a bit.

We went last year around the same time. We spent 5 beautiful nights in Vero and then headed up for 2 night at WDW. It rained during both of our 2 nights in WDW (including two trips to MNSSHP)!

We are going again this year at the same time (9/28-10/6) and hope third times a charm!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #79
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Whoops! I didn't see that this thread was old. I thought it was for October 2013.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #80
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Whoops! I didn't see that this thread was old. I thought it was for October 2013.
It is an 0ct. 2013 thread unless I'm reading it wrong, too!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #81
wdwdano@yahoo.com
Theme Park Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post

It is an 0ct. 2013 thread unless I'm reading it wrong, too!
Never to early! I am wait listed for beach club villas with a back up to treehouses. Couldn't come soon enough. I am excited to see what kiosks they add.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #82
Bethj1016
Earning My Ears

We will be at AKV October 12-19. October is one of my favorite times at WDW!
Bethj1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #83
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk3 View Post
I know this is a kind of old post, but are you referring to a day in early October, 2011?

I only ask because we were there (I believe Oct 2-10) at that time and, while I am used to the typical mid-day showers, it rained for a ~1.5 day period like I had never seen before. It started one evening while we were in Epcot and came down so hard you could barely see. And the strange thing was it did not stop until the next night. I thought someone told me while I was there that it was a record rainfall of some sort. It rained a lot that trip, but nothing like that 24-36 hour period.

Maybe we met you at Epcot! We met a lot of folks while waiting around. We spent most of our time inside the Mexico pavilion. Much to my surprise, Epcot still put on Illuminations in the rain after a delay in which the rain died down a bit.

We went last year around the same time. We spent 5 beautiful nights in Vero and then headed up for 2 night at WDW. It rained during both of our 2 nights in WDW (including two trips to MNSSHP)!

We are going again this year at the same time (9/28-10/6) and hope third times a charm!
That was it! We had a heck of a time. We seemed to be behind this group of Australian most of the time. We were there for the food and they for the wine. The weather said was coming in for the east and west (somehow) and dumping on Epcot.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #84
ndpeirce
Earning My Ears

Just Booked!!!

We just booked 10/19 - 10/22 getaway without the kids. It will be our 2nd visit to F & W. We are staying at SSR but have a waitlist wish for BCV pixie dust (a long shot, I know).

Cannot wait!!!
1980, 1984 Contemporary, 1992 House Off Site, 1995 Honeymoon Dixie Landings, 2006 Off Site, 2010 Wilderness Lodge, DVC Owners August 2010, First Visit Home BLT August 2011, October 2011 Food and Wine Getaway , August 2012 Pop Century/Disney Fantasy 40-Palooza, December 2012 BLT Christmas Surprise, August 2013 AOA Just Me & the Kids , SSR Food & Wine Getaway October 2013

ndpeirce is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: