Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

Thumbs up WWOHP Expansion Rumours - So Cool!!!

This sounds SO AWESOME:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located at Universal's Islands of Adventure, but the plan for the expansion is to open the second area in Universal Studios and then connect the two with a train, the Hogwarts Express. Because the train would take you to the other park, a ticket location will be set up in the train station, allowing guests to upgrade to a park-to-park ticket before boarding the train. The new area will be themed like Diagon Alley, the street where Hogwarts students purchase their wizarding supplies. Diagon Alley will be hidden from the rest of the park behind facades of London landmarks; in the books, the street is located behind a pub, The Leaky Cauldron, with a secret entrance known only to wizards. The Leaky Cauldron will function as the area's restaurant; the secret entrance will be in a train station next to the eatery. Snacks can also be found at Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour.

Diagon Alley will feature multiple levels for guests to explore, with train tracks rising above the area, stairways and tall buildings.

The main attraction in Diagon Alley will be a Gringotts roller coaster, which will end in a gift shop, Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions and Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment. The coaster will have 12-person ride vehicles that will move on a track very similar to the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey attraction. Another store planned for the area is Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, a joke shop operated by the Weasley twins. A larger version of the popular Ollivander's Wand Shop was also mentioned, but it is unclear if this would replace the version in Hogsmeade or simply be a second location of the shop.

Knockturn Alley and its store, Borgin and Burkes, were also mentioned in the plans. Knockturn Alley features shops devoted to the Dark Arts.

The rumored date for Diagon Alley to open is July 2014, though until this information is officially released by Universal, this is all just speculation.

Please Please Please let this be true!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Oh please be true please be true please be true!

Now to figure out how to save the money to get us there!!!
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Only the opening date is speculation. The rest is true. It is already in the process of being built.

From Theme Park Insider

Last edited by damo; 03-28-2013 at 01:37 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

Now we just need another DIS event @ WWOHP - the last one was SO COOL, and to get to ride everything multiple times and be surrounded by DISrs was the best. Well, a girl can dream right!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:59 AM   #5
FayeW
DIS Veteran

Well that settles it then. There were obviously greater forces at play in the universe when I decided to cancel our trip for this past February. Clearly, I was meant to go in the fall of 2014 instead!
FayeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Oh my Gosh this is so great!

We enjoyed everything about our stay at Universal Orlando,the city walk the restaurants,the hotel,boat ride over early morning,just everything.

We won't be able to go until March 2015 but hey it's something to plan for.
Can you tell I'm a Harry Potter fan?

Thanks for sharing
Hugs Mel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
bankr63
DIS Veteran

We were at USF and IOA 2 weeks ago, and between the Transformers and the new HP section, USF seemed to be more hoarding than buildings. There is also a bunch of hoarding up in the Simpsons zone as well; have no idea what that is about.

Really looking forward to the expansions tho. Our kids are now teens and really enjoy Uni - next trip won't be until March 2015, so hopefully all the new stuff will be open!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: