Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #31
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casanova5 View Post
I wads there end of feb. The busses was great
I think it depends. We go for a extended period of time. The past 2 year we have waited for a bus 30 minutes at BB, TL and once waiting to leave for Ak. But I don't consider that bad at all.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #32
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

We always drive to WDW and rarely will we use our van during our trips to drive to the parks. We tried it at the beginning and found it did not save much time and I used my gas and had to deal with drivers not knowing where they're going We have done many trips and rarely have we complained about disney transportation, the worst one was with the monorail. Plus; our DD's love riding the bus.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

We always stay at Pop and have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus. Just good timing on our part maybe? The times we did have to wait a bit longer was when we wanted to leave the park and get back to the resort during the day, for naps. That seems to take longer.
Marla1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #34
casanova5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla1106
We always stay at Pop and have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus. Just good timing on our part maybe? The times we did have to wait a bit longer was when we wanted to leave the park and get back to the resort during the day, for naps. That seems to take longer.
I agree with this longest i waited was a hs at 12 to go back to pop for a nap lol of course it could have been i was just tired and it seemed that way lol
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #35
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Has anyone stayed at Pop & AOA and compare food courts or is AOA worth difference

We stayed at Pop Century in 2011. We had a great time! We thought the food court was very good, bus ran well except sometimes we had to walk farther to catch our bus back to the resort from the theme park than other guest did of other resorts.LOL! But that's going to be part of Disney! You have to walk! LOL

Now I'm trying to decide, take my camper to Fort Wilderness ( my grandson would love the slides & boat rides to Magic Kingdom), stay at Pop ( my grandson loves the big pool and ice cream station) or take my grandson to the new AOA
( a new experience and my grandson would love the cars).

I worry about the food court a little bit at Art Of Animation. How different is the food from Pop Century? We are from the south and we like our comfort foods of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans every now and then! LOL! I like an Ice cream cone at least on vacation. LOL! I don't think AOA has an ice cream section. I don't understand that it's a hotel geared toward taking the eye of children and theres no hand dipped ice cream! LOL!

So... has anyone stayed at both and can comment on Pop vs AOA?
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #36
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
We stayed at Pop Century in 2011. We had a great time! We thought the food court was very good, bus ran well except sometimes we had to walk farther to catch our bus back to the resort from the theme park than other guest did of other resorts.LOL! But that's going to be part of Disney! You have to walk! LOL

Now I'm trying to decide, take my camper to Fort Wilderness ( my grandson would love the slides & boat rides to Magic Kingdom), stay at Pop ( my grandson loves the big pool and ice cream station) or take my grandson to the new AOA
( a new experience and my grandson would love the cars).

I worry about the food court a little bit at Art Of Animation. How different is the food from Pop Century? We are from the south and we like our comfort foods of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans every now and then! LOL! I like an Ice cream cone at least on vacation. LOL! I don't think AOA has an ice cream section. I don't understand that it's a hotel geared toward taking the eye of children and theres no hand dipped ice cream! LOL!

So... has anyone stayed at both and can comment on Pop vs AOA?
You really should start a new thread. You might have more hits.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #37
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

OK! Thanks!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: