Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
bowermanmatt
Earning My Ears

Planning advice, please

Greetings to all,

I am starting to plan an trip for our anniversary to the Disney World complex in May or June of 2014. We had our honeymoon there in 1998 and stayed at a hotel off-site (I worked for a hotel company at the time). It was a lovely time and we even bought a brick to go into the walkways around the Magic Kingdom to mark the occasion. We want to go and actually see it next year.

We are both over 50 and I want to stay on site this time around, but I feel a little overwhelmed by all of the options. It has been suggested that I work with a travel agent that is trained specifically for Disney planning. I would agree that this is a good idea.

I would like the opinion of the forum, who they would recommend in the north Texas area? Thank you for your responses.

Matt Bowerman
bowermanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
mouseaddictoldschool
Earning My Ears

Dreams Unlimited

Dreams Unlimited Travel is actually part of this website, and they have booked trips for us before. You work with an agent that most likely is somewhere in these discussion forums right now. I would recommend them as one option. Good luck.
mouseaddictoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Personally I like booking my trips myself, but if you are ok giving up control, I know there are many, many Disney travel agents.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

When we first went to WDW back in 1998, we used a travel agent/company. We used them on the first few trips that we went on. They are called Magical Vacations, and they were great. Since that first trip, we have returned many times, and our DS has done an internship at WDW, so now we do all our own booking. Good luck.
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES
vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
msminnieears
Mouseketeer

I have used Small World Vacations. They specialize in Disney trips, they have a website and are on Mousesavers website too. My last trip I used the Disney website and booked over the phone. The Disney CM's were very helpful and will also book anything and give advice.

1985-off site; 1991,1993,1995- Disney Villas; 1999- AS Movies; 2004- SSR; 2006- AS Movies; 2008- CR; 2010- POR ;March 2013 CSR; July 2014 day in MK; next trip... May 2015 hopefully,,,,
msminnieears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: