Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #46
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I know, I know... sorry, meant to be sarcastic, not to be mean and nit picky.
It's ok, all the funest people are meanies...

Quote:
We never got around to it because the line was always so long, and the outdoor part of the queue just doesn't look like it would be much fun to be stuck in.
We will see, if the line is insane we may just skip it. What I really want is to see the inside of the cottage!

Quote:
Congrats on the new hat! I'm sure it will be very handy to have in the parks.
It's the little things that make me happy!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #47
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

I agree with Josh! Liberty Square does not seem like a land to me either. It seems more like a walk through. ha ha.

Let me know how doing OOP works for you. We were going to stay off site (GASP) and pay OOP, but with something like Ohana's at $36 a person and only $55 for the dining plan, a day, I thought it might be worth it. Although paying OOP I wouldn't be as tempted to eat dessert with EVERY meal! ha ha!!

Saratoga Springs October 2011
Old Key West June 2012
Expedition Everest 5k May 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2014 & Disneyland 2014 Avengers 1/2 Marathon
Carissa 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #48
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
So something fun for the trip came in the mail today!!!

Don't mind my "I didn't go to work today, so I didn't put on makeup or brush my hair" look

I ordered this adorable hat from Disney Movie Rewards, or should I say, Josh did! Last year I admired a cute sun hat the whole trip, and never bought it, well we were looking at the site and he saw me loving this, and clicked the order button!!

Here are a few close ups!

The crazy thing is Josh got me scrapping paper and it has the same pattern on a few pieces as the underside of the hat!!

I have trouble with the sun/heat so I bet this beauty is going to get a workout!! it is also very light and folds up nicely, so it will fit in the park bag well!

That hat is almost bigger than you!! Hahah, it will come in really handy, that sun can be brutal.

So I've decided that once you get back, you'll be so sad that you're back home and will want to plan your next trip but you will have to wait a little while...being the nice person that I am- you can plan my trip for me!
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #49
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Oh no the Migraine of 2011 does not sound fun at all I've only had a migraine a handful of times in my life (and twice when i've had the ice pick migraine) and it's no fun! Hopefully this doesn't occur again while at LTT.

You will love the New Fantasyland! It's obviously not completely done, but it's cute!

Sigh, I love Sunshine Seasons. The food there is amazing!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #50
nhpooh
I just can't stop visiting this board
We are getting hotter and more humid each year
By the time I come back I will be lost again

Quote:
So something fun for the trip came in the mail today!!!

Don't mind my "I didn't go to work today, so I didn't put on makeup or brush my hair" look

I ordered this adorable hat from Disney Movie Rewards, or should I say, Josh did! Last year I admired a cute sun hat the whole trip, and never bought it, well we were looking at the site and he saw me loving this, and clicked the order button!!

Here are a few close ups!

The crazy thing is Josh got me scrapping paper and it has the same pattern on a few pieces as the underside of the hat!!

I have trouble with the sun/heat so I bet this beauty is going to get a workout!! it is also very light and folds up nicely, so it will fit in the park bag well!

Cute!!
75-offsite-DL/ w/family 79-offsite -Honeymoon 85-offsite 89-offsite 94-offsite 96-WL 98-CSR 2000-CBR/Disney W. 2002-DL/Paradise Pier 2004-WL/25th annv. 2005-Portofino Bay/POFQ 2007-ASMu/Family suites, 2008-POFQ/first MVMCP, 2009-DL/Grand Californian, 5/2011-ASSp/girls weekend, 9/2011- Beach Club/with DH, 8/2013 -CBR/with DH and DD
nhpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #51
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa 80 View Post
I agree with Josh! Liberty Square does not seem like a land to me either. It seems more like a walk through. ha ha.

Let me know how doing OOP works for you. We were going to stay off site (GASP) and pay OOP, but with something like Ohana's at $36 a person and only $55 for the dining plan, a day, I thought it might be worth it. Although paying OOP I wouldn't be as tempted to eat dessert with EVERY meal! ha ha!!
Well.... now I am leaning toward the dining plan. I am a bit indecisive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
That hat is almost bigger than you!! Hahah, it will come in really handy, that sun can be brutal.

So I've decided that once you get back, you'll be so sad that you're back home and will want to plan your next trip but you will have to wait a little while...being the nice person that I am- you can plan my trip for me!
I love the hat!!! Yes I will help you plan your trip! I will have super up to date information!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh no the Migraine of 2011 does not sound fun at all I've only had a migraine a handful of times in my life (and twice when i've had the ice pick migraine) and it's no fun! Hopefully this doesn't occur again while at LTT.

You will love the New Fantasyland! It's obviously not completely done, but it's cute!

Sigh, I love Sunshine Seasons. The food there is amazing!

The migraine was a result of not knowing when (well not listening when) I was in trouble. I didn't eat, or drink enough water. And I didn't take something when it started... I know better, I get migraines, I just didn't listen to my body

I love the Sunshine Seasons as well! You had great pictures in your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhpooh View Post
Cute!!
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #52
My sister's princess

Last last week has been filled with excitement! Josh had bought me Disney on Ice tickets for my birthday for Saturday the 9th, however this little storm named Nemo had other plans for us! We got roughly 18.5 inches of snow on Saturday that had some mad drifting going on!!!! Here are a few photos!

The snow was so deep Lucky wouldn't go out into the yard unless I went first!

Due to the drifting in the driveway the snow was over my shoulders at some points!

We dug ourselves out Saturday afternoon, and were able to get tickets to the Sunday show, so off we went!!!! We only have one Cracker Barrel in Maine and it is where went for Disney on Ice, so we got to enjoy that treat, and then on to the show!!!

The show featured:

Cars

Little Mermaid (my favorite princess!!)

Fairies

And Toy Story 3, which was the longest, and most well done set!

We of course had to get a snow cone

And we took turns with the sweet family behind us to take each others photo!

It was absolutely worth the trip, and I can't wait to go again next year!!

Now back to the Disney planning!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #53
My sister's princess

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom - 4/19

Right now we are trying to decide if we are going to do breakfast at the Mara at the hotel, or if we want to go to Pizzafari.... This decision is two fold, if we do the dining plan (still up in the air) we get our coffee for free at the Mara (not a huge cost savings, but still a little one) and eating in the park sucks up valuable AM park time.....

The plan is to hit Expedition Everest first thing, then head right to the safari. After that we will hit each of the major attractions and the trails around them. At 1 we have lunch at Yak and Yeti so I can get these amazing beauties

After lunch we will continue with our exploration and maybe get one of these little treats. We split the beer and the snack and it was perfect! We both like darker beers so the Safari Amber was great!

Sorry ladies that handsome man is taken!

The current plan is to grab dinner at Flame Tree, because we have not tried it, but we will see how late we are in the park!

The last thing we want to do before we go is to try Kali Rapids! We have never done this because we have always been worried about getting soaked, so we figure if we work it into the plan then we will be fine!!!

And of course since Animal Kingdom is an early to close park we will have some time when we get back to the lodge to head to the pool and relax!!!!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #54
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

WOW! I'm soooo glad I don't have to deal with snow here in CA. The only bad thing that we have to deal with, besides Earthquakes, is fog. Here in the valley it can get so bad you can't see 100 feet in front of you. Scary.

Aw i've never been to a Disney on Ice show before, but it looks cute! How long is it? Omgosh, I went to a Cracker Barrel in PA a few years ago and it was delicious! I got the chicken fried steak and loved it.

I'm a dark beer girl as well I mean, i'll definitely drink lagers if it's available, I just prefer the dark stuff. A few weeks ago I did a wine tasting at Bevmo and the girl who was pouring also does the beers and we got to talking about the beer tasting the day before and it was brown ales and she suggested the "Messiah Nut Brown Ale". So good! If you like brown ales, try and look for this one.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #55
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
We of course had to get a snow cone
Naturally... what better snack is there when you have snow drifts in the driveway taller than you are?

It is always a tough call whether to get up a little earlier and eat at the hotel or to grab something in the park. I hate wasting valuable morning park time though. It looks like you're planning a lot of time for AK, so it might not be such a big deal if you do want to try to eat breakfast in the park. If you hit EE, and Safari and then eat breakfast, it might not be bad at all. You'll have the 2 big rides out of the way and it shouldn't be too late.

I'd definitely make an effort to hang around the park long enough to eat dinner at Flame Tree. That might be the best reason to even go to AK...
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #56
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
WOW! I'm soooo glad I don't have to deal with snow here in CA. The only bad thing that we have to deal with, besides Earthquakes, is fog. Here in the valley it can get so bad you can't see 100 feet in front of you. Scary.

Aw i've never been to a Disney on Ice show before, but it looks cute! How long is it? Omgosh, I went to a Cracker Barrel in PA a few years ago and it was delicious! I got the chicken fried steak and loved it.

I'm a dark beer girl as well I mean, i'll definitely drink lagers if it's available, I just prefer the dark stuff. A few weeks ago I did a wine tasting at Bevmo and the girl who was pouring also does the beers and we got to talking about the beer tasting the day before and it was brown ales and she suggested the "Messiah Nut Brown Ale". So good! If you like brown ales, try and look for this one.
Yeah each place has it's own fun things, one of the things I love most about Maine is that we have all 4 season!

Disney on Ice is absolutely worth it!

I will have to look for the Messiah Nut Brown!! Thanks for the tip!!

Quote:
Naturally... what better snack is there when you have snow drifts in the driveway taller than you are?

It is always a tough call whether to get up a little earlier and eat at the hotel or to grab something in the park. I hate wasting valuable morning park time though. It looks like you're planning a lot of time for AK, so it might not be such a big deal if you do want to try to eat breakfast in the park. If you hit EE, and Safari and then eat breakfast, it might not be bad at all. You'll have the 2 big rides out of the way and it shouldn't be too late.

I'd definitely make an effort to hang around the park long enough to eat dinner at Flame Tree. That might be the best reason to even go to AK...
Good to know how you feel about Flame Tree!!!!! That was something I was in the air about, and was figuring if we got tired we could eat at the Mara, but if you say it is good we might have to tough it out!!!

The breakfast thing might even be a on the fly decision!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #57
My sister's princess

Today's project includes organizing my pressed pennies, and my pins. I have so many of both that to make sure I don't end up with doubles I am going to have to start doing some real record keeping! I will be back later with some photos, and maybe some more plans!
22 Days
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #58
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today's project includes organizing my pressed pennies, and my pins. I have so many of both that to make sure I don't end up with doubles I am going to have to start doing some real record keeping! I will be back later with some photos, and maybe some more plans!
22 Days
Ooh I want to see your pins and pennies!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #59
My sister's princess

At the request of Lesha, here is my pins and pennies collection!

This past weekend I went through each of my penny books, and using this list I got form the front desk in 2012, I tracked what I have, and created an excel spreadsheet. I figure we can get a new list each time we go to update what we do and don't have!

And here they all are...

Once we got the pennies all sorted out, it was time to deal with the pins. I loaded up my lanyard with all my traders.

And here is the rest of my collection (I know, heavy on the mermaid!)

Old 03-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #60
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Pennies! Love them. It looks like something fun to collect. We are going to get the boys pin trading this time. I enjoy it, but I took a picture of mine and will give them to the boys to trade. I was going to buy some junk ones to trade, but I forgot. Oops. It's getting close!! I can't wait to see your photos!!

Saratoga Springs October 2011
Old Key West June 2012
Expedition Everest 5k May 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2014 & Disneyland 2014 Avengers 1/2 Marathon
Carissa 80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: