Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #3256
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
I'm nervous ,we have 3 nights booked at AOA LM in 2 weeks and they are sold out, a little worried about crowds while at the resort.
We're going in 2 weeks and its a pretty low-moderate crowd week. The LM rooms are always sold out, they are in high demand. I dont think any other sections are sold as i just booked one for a client the other day
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #3257
michigandergirl
Earning My Ears

Hello! This is my very first post, although I've been lurking for awhile. We have reserved a Finding Nemo suite for Thanksgiving week. We are so excited! This will be my 4th time to DW and our 2nd family trip. I love Disney planning and these boards are great!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #3258
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
No they do not unfortunately.
Yes, they do! It was a big plus for DH.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #3259
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
I'm nervous ,we have 3 nights booked at AOA LM in 2 weeks and they are sold out, a little worried about crowds while at the resort.
You should be there after Spring Break, so it should die down. But from what I have been hearing, this whole year has been more crowded than previous years, even the slow weeks. That being said, the LM rooms are just selling out fast because they are new and not many of them. I think in the next year or so, they will be open more. The distance is very far for most people. I know other resorts have rooms just as far out, but these seem even further as you have to walk outside.
I don't mind walking, but the inconvenience to the food court for the refillable mug kind of annoyed me. This really did seem further to me than others and I stayed REALLY far out at AKL. But walking inside made it feel better or shorter.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #3260
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Can you get an adjoining standard room with a family suite?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #3261
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN View Post
Can you get an adjoining standard room with a family suite?
No, the standard rooms are all in the LM section. There are no suites in LM. The other buildings are all suites.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #3262
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
No, the standard rooms are all in the LM section. There are no suites in LM. The other buildings are all suites.
That's a bummer
We're planning a trip with a three older toddlers and three adults, one being my MIL. Do you think we should just go for adjoining rooms or put us all in a suite?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #3263
mybatmobile87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting LM rooms when they are sold out? My trip is over 4 mos. out and I was only able to get a few nights there so I will be spending a lot of time on the wdw website looking for those nights to open up. I'm so worried b/c I need 2 rooms and did not anticipate them being filled this far out.
Just check (what some would call) obsessively! I have been checking 3-4 times a day because they were sold out one of my two nights. It just opened up tonight and I snagged it! It really pays off to keep checking!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #3264
last1973
Mouseketeer

Hi I need help. I love look of this resort and I know kids will love it but being in uk if they offer free dining u don't get it here so I have to pay for dining. So what would u do two rooms at por, suite at aoa or villa at ssr/okw kids are 4,6,11 & 17 thanks ( def need to bathrooms) thanks
Old 03-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #3265
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom

No they do not unfortunately.
OMG! I am so sorry! I totally misread that! I thought it said in the "bathroom". Lol! Sorry for the confusion!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #3266
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

mybatmobile87- Just curious how close to your arrival date those nights opened up? I'm really hoping I can get those rooms sooner rather than later. I know at the 45 day mark some people cancel packages so maybe that will work out.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #3267
mybatmobile87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
mybatmobile87- Just curious how close to your arrival date those nights opened up? I'm really hoping I can get those rooms sooner rather than later. I know at the 45 day mark some people cancel packages so maybe that will work out.
I booked a weekend trip on a whim, so there's not much time until my arrival. I originally booked on 3/24 for a stay on 4/20. I was actually a bit surprised to see anything open up this close to my arrival. I'd expect most would open up right around the 45 day mark.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #3268
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Any updates on the thermostat situation?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #3269
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN View Post
That's a bummer
We're planning a trip with a three older toddlers and three adults, one being my MIL. Do you think we should just go for adjoining rooms or put us all in a suite?
The suites should accommodate your party.

If I were you I would price out the difference between one suite and two standard rooms. Depending on the dates for your trip, two standard rooms are likely to be less expensive than one single suite.

The other consideration is if you want rooms or adjacent/adjoining rooms. Connecting rooms have an interior door between the rooms, and these are by request, not by reservation. Adjacent rooms are next to each other but don't connect inside -- these are also by request. So a single suite doesn't have this factors if you all need to be together.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 03-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #3270
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

We were there a few weeks ago, I wished we were still there!!!
We stayed in a Cars Suite, we loved this place!!
IMO, I do not think the Mermaid section is that far from Landscapes, but I am used to walking. If you are planning on taking your food back to your room to eat, you might want to ask for it to go, & they will put it in boxes instead of the bowls & plates that they have, this is real stoneware, so it can get heavy carrying it to your rooms. Everyone is extremely nice & very helpful. The buses start at 6:45 am. We did not have any problems with the buses, but of course we went at a time that the resort level was a 4-5. The parks did seem alot busier than that though, I talked to a CM & they said that alot of Florida residents was coming to MK to see the new FL, ( This was the only Park that seemed packed to us). We were able to ride everything we wanted with little wait, except for the things in the new FL, we just skipped FL after the first day, the long waits IMO was not worth it when there was so much more we wanted to do.
We checked out each section of the resort, very nice, now this might not be the resort for the ones that like a Deluxe Resort, but if you have children, they will love it. Would I stay at this resort again, YES!!.
We were in building 3, on the 3rd floor, with a view of the pool. It was not noisy, I have seen were alot of people do not like a pool view, at this section, it did not seem to be a problem with noise.
Towels for the pool, you will need to take the ones from your room, just call room service for more towels. Our maid, Belgila, was very good, & she made animals & flowers for our darling daughter, she loved it!
A pic of Mickey Mouse was left for her also, she thinks Mickey left it
A young man in Landscapes sang Happy Birthday to my Daughter when I was getting a smoothie. It was a wonderful trip.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: