Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
Cyette
Earning My Ears

Thank you, Mr Snappy. An amazing story of caution for us all.

bumbershoot, you have my deepest respect.
Cyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Too much awesomeness in this thread!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snappy View Post
<snip>
and the total was.....$79.00 !!!!!!!!!! What????
I said "there is no way that is correct" CM said, "yes, it's correct, you ordered bacon and that is extra!"

<snip>

i said "yes, the problem is obviously with the bacon, but surely you are not trying to tell me that bacon cost $26.00 !

She now looked confused and very concerned as she suddenly realized that there was a much bigger problem then one complaining customer.
Yes, bacon is $8 per serving! Disney prices...

You know, this should be tagged as the best story of the week!

...and don't call me Shirley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Are they training a bunch of new CMs or something? I was there last week and I had to physically punch in my daughter's allergy order for her.

Me: Allergy Fries.
CM: What?
Me: She needs fries fried separately. She has an allergy. Just punch gluten free
CM: You can't do that. We don't sell that.
Me: Yes you do.
CM: I don't know how to do that.
Me: Punch fries, then just punch gluten.
CM: Yea, but what is she allergic to?
Me: Dairy, eggs, nuts. But they fry it in separate oil anyway.
CM: Um..... hold on (runs to the back, then comes back). OK, um. (pushes the fries button).
Me: Can I show you? (I press gluten, the notation comes up).
CM: OH! (she then punches in dairy, egg, nuts)...
<in Jeff Foxworthy voice> If you can enter a food order into the register better than a cast member, you might be a DISer

This might just be an indication there is a visitation problem
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
This might just be an indication there is a visitation problem
Oh hahaha I've never thought about it that way. Yea, you're probably right.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #19
8timesblessed
Mouseketeer

I wonder if you could've ordered the bacon cheeseburger and just asked them not to put the blue cheese on it. Would've saved you a lot of money.
1st trip VGC May 2010, WDW with 2boys 3/11, WDW all of us 10/11, DH and I DL 12/11, surprise trip for our youngest coming up 2/29-3/3! 6th birthday on Route 66 June 20-23. DL 12/1-10/12. DL 10/29-11/7. First Cruise May 2014 and WDW for Star wars weekend.
8timesblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #20
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Good for you for helping Disney!

I had a recent situation out at WDW that I wish could have gotten such a personal response. I've been told that it's been passed along to managers, but everyone has been so focused on "I can't believe you're bringing this to our attention, I wouldn't have done that" it's hard to believe they are actually doing their jobs.

Basically we did a pre-paid, expensive, meal in the castle out at Magic Kingdom. We have a discount card that works at the restaurant, so when we dined there we showed the card, and they processed a refund for about $20.

A week later I was checking my CC and saw that refund had gone through promptly. And a day later another refund had gone through; the REST of the meal's cost. So we had, in effect, paid NOTHING for our meal in the castle (and included photo package with Cinderella!).

I have made three LONG calls, and long story short they cannot re-charge me, they cannot believe I'm trying to get them to charge me (if I hear "I wouldn't have done that" again by an employee of the Mouse I'm going to scream), but they promise they've let the restaurant's management know.

I know one other person that it's happened to (in the same week) and I can only imagine how many others there have been but aren't saying anything.

So I'm glad you actually talked with a manager who can do something about it!!!!
This is different, they can't recharge you, there are limitations set by the law and the rules that are set by the credit card processing companies.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #21
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
I wonder if you could've ordered the bacon cheeseburger and just asked them not to put the blue cheese on it. Would've saved you a lot of money.
from Five Easy Pieces:
Quote:
[Bobby wants plain toast, which isn't on the menu]

Bobby: I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

Waitress: A #2, chicken salad sand. Hold the butter, the lettuce, the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. Anything else?

Bobby: Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?

Bobby: I want you to hold it between your knees.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #22
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
that is what I was going to say! I think they still owe you money, as the Bacon bleu cheeseburger (minus the bleu cheese, which isn't cheap) would be cheaper than a cheeseburger plus bacon.

but, alas, I fear the CM would be totally confused!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #23
smidgy
dimples

so, if you add bacon to 3 cheeseburgers, it adds $7.50 to the order. ($2.50 each).

BUT!!! if you order those same as the Bleu cheesburgers (which come with bacon) then tell them to leave out the bleu cheese, you are only paying $1.50 more than ordering those same 3 as regular cheeseburgers.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #24
smidgy
dimples

cheeseburger: $9.99 plus $2.50 for bacon= $12.49
bleu cheeseburger (includes bacon) $10.49 um, leave out the bleu cheese.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:04 AM   #25
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
from Five Easy Pieces:
great movie!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #26
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Basically we did a pre-paid, expensive, meal in the castle out at Magic Kingdom. We have a discount card that works at the restaurant, so when we dined there we showed the card, and they processed a refund for about $20.

A week later I was checking my CC and saw that refund had gone through promptly. And a day later another refund had gone through; the REST of the meal's cost. So we had, in effect, paid NOTHING for our meal in the castle (and included photo package with Cinderella!).
This happened to us a couple of years ago at Cinderellas Royal Table too! I didn't bother calling. I'd just previously had an order of two $350 gift cards arrive, then a week later another two $350 cards arrived (I only ordered once, so should only have received two, not 4! I scored an extra $700 in gift cards). The back and forth drama that I had contacting them, took a week to get it sorted, just to tell them that they had given me a bonus $700 in gift cards! Eventually they cancelled two of the cards but it took a week of phone calls and emails.

I couldn't go through it again over a meal So I took that gift from Disney World
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #27
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

This is totally DH! He is a math teacher and has a degree in math. He always adds up the total in his head at stores and restaurants and if it is even a dollar off, he checks the receipt and asks about it. He gets very frustrated when people don't understand simple logic (like the OPs story) when he tries to explain it to them. He has even found math errors in my teacher's salary contract! A very handy to person to have around!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #28
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snappy View Post
The shocking part was that both the CM and the manager could not do a simple logic test and realize they were charging $80.00 for 4 hamburgers and figure out something was wrong.
It is not just the Disney CM. I work at a Civil Engineering firm and constantly preach that you always have to do the sniff test to see if the answer the computer is spitting out makes sense. If it doesn't you need to do some digging and check you answer. My cohorts are good at math but they too often trust what the computer tells them even when the answer makes no sense.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: