Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #271
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.
 
jjje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MN
Posts: 649

There's some ruins, some boat tours, some pools, some tequila tastings and a bunch of animal encounters. I feel like we should probably do some ruins because I don't know when else we'll get the chance to do something like that. I wonder though if we'll wish we had done something more exciting. Maybe I should just drop the pretense that this is at all an educational experience for the kids and go right for the tequila factories. (The sea days are what got me interested in this cruise too. That's what I'm most excited about.)
__________________

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #272
Ksquires
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 25

I think they took off a few adventures for Columbia. Hopefully they add some before we go.
Ksquires is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #273
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,700

In Cozomel I might try the ruins. In Cartagena I don't know. Depends on what they offer through Disney.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #274
davidls
DIS Veteran
 
davidls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 2,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
I know we're so far off but just for funsies has anyone thought about what port adventures they're going to choose? My family has never been to any of these ports so we want to do several of them and I'm not sure how we'll choose. What a fun problem to have!
Well, to steal a pun from Steve, (aka - dsnydaddy), DW and I are in the same boat as you!!! (That one just cracks me up each and everytime I hear it!!!) We have never been to any of these ports either. Looking forward to checking them out when w get there!!!
__________________
Our 1st Disney Cruise - 7 Days Eastern Caribbean - Disney Magic - Oct. 2007
Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 3 Days Bahamas - Disney Wonder - Oct. 2008

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #275
davidls
DIS Veteran
 
davidls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 2,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
There's some ruins, some boat tours, some pools, some tequila tastings and a bunch of animal encounters. I feel like we should probably do some ruins because I don't know when else we'll get the chance to do something like that. I wonder though if we'll wish we had done something more exciting. Maybe I should just drop the pretense that this is at all an educational experience for the kids and go right for the tequila factories. (The sea days are what got me interested in this cruise too. That's what I'm most excited about.)
The ruins sound interesting..........the tequila sounds good............the boat tours sound fun.............the tequila sounds good.............the animal encounters sound exciting................the tequila sounds good............the pools sound refreshing................the tequila sounds sooooooooooooo good!!!
__________________
Our 1st Disney Cruise - 7 Days Eastern Caribbean - Disney Magic - Oct. 2007
Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 3 Days Bahamas - Disney Wonder - Oct. 2008

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #276
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran
 
dsnydaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 1,933

We're planning on ixcaret in Cozumel. I also want to do zip lines. We can never do them because they don't allow young children so not having them will allow the chance. Other than that I haven't given it much thought.
__________________
dsnydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #277
#1Yepod
Indecision may, or may not, be my problem.
 
#1Yepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southeast
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
We're planning on ixcaret in Cozumel. I also want to do zip lines. We can never do them because they don't allow young children so not having them will allow the chance. Other than that I haven't given it much thought.
Just lurking right now. We have done WBPC and are considering this EBPC, but not ready to commit. Had to jump in and let you know that PV Outdoor Adventure is a blast,

this tour you will: •Journey south by speedboat across Banderas Bay to the secluded shores of Boca de Tomatlan, at the edge of the jungle. Note: Guests must be physically fit to participate. For safety reasons, expectant mothers, Guests with heart and respiratory conditions, and those with back/neck injuries cannot participate.
•Once there, prepare for an exhilarating all-terrain vehicle ride as you board a 4x4 Unimog and take off on an exciting off-road expedition to your base camp, 2,000 feet above sea level in the heart of the Sierra Madre jungle.
•After your hour-long drive, receive your equipment and take in a safety demonstration before taking off on a mule ride as you continue your trek up the mountain into the sub-tropical forest.
•Following your approximate 30-minute ride to the top of the mountain, gear up and hold on tight as you are whisked away from canyon side to canyon side — above the treetops — via a zip line network of pulleys mounted at a height of up to 250 feet above the ground.
•Following your high-flying expedition, hike along a jungle path before rappelling down a refreshing waterfall. Set in the jungle for the rest of the adventure, splashing down 2 new waterslides to add even more excitement to your already full and thrilling day. Complete your adventure by splashing through streams and natural river pools before arriving back to base camp.
•Enjoy a beverage and light snack before beginning your approximate 60-minute journey — by Unimog and speedboat — back to the ship.

Best excursion ever!!!
__________________
#1Yepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #278
Ksquires
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
The ruins sound interesting..........the tequila sounds good............the boat tours sound fun.............the tequila sounds good.............the animal encounters sound exciting................the tequila sounds good............the pools sound refreshing................the tequila sounds sooooooooooooo good!!!
The tequila was a blast when we went in Oct. We were the last tour through and the owners drank with us.
Ksquires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #279
EjeG
Nutz
 
EjeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Here and now, hopefully on a trip
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls

You are welcome. I don't think DisneyZell is finished with his report yet. But, he hasn't posted for a while............don't know why??

My DW and I are looking forward to seeing Cartagena as well. We are looking forward to getting some great photos of each port, and of the canal. I'm not much of a photographer, take decent enough pictures, but should have my camera out and ready more often for those unexpected photo opps.
Most important to me is the canal passing, did some googling last night to do have better idea. Seems lot of the locks are early in the am. Ugh.

Photography is a passion for me and really enjoy talking pictures and you will see me carrying a camera around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje
I know we're so far off but just for funsies has anyone thought about what port adventures they're going to choose? My family has never been to any of these ports so we want to do several of them and I'm not sure how we'll choose. What a fun problem to have!
I looked a bit last night, seems like there are some very interesting adventures, but some ports we are not stopping for very long, IIRC one port I want to say we arrive 11am and leave 4:30 and it's a tendering port (only one), another port we stop almost as short. Might be because it's really days yet but in some ports there wasn't big selection of adventures.
EjeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #280
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran
 
dsnydaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 1,933

Yeah, I really wanted to do this on our MR cruise but went fishing with my father-in-law instead. Good time with him but not so good with the fishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Yepod View Post
Just lurking right now. We have done WBPC and are considering this EBPC, but not ready to commit. Had to jump in and let you know that PV Outdoor Adventure is a blast,

this tour you will: •Journey south by speedboat across Banderas Bay to the secluded shores of Boca de Tomatlan, at the edge of the jungle. Note: Guests must be physically fit to participate. For safety reasons, expectant mothers, Guests with heart and respiratory conditions, and those with back/neck injuries cannot participate.
•Once there, prepare for an exhilarating all-terrain vehicle ride as you board a 4x4 Unimog and take off on an exciting off-road expedition to your base camp, 2,000 feet above sea level in the heart of the Sierra Madre jungle.
•After your hour-long drive, receive your equipment and take in a safety demonstration before taking off on a mule ride as you continue your trek up the mountain into the sub-tropical forest.
•Following your approximate 30-minute ride to the top of the mountain, gear up and hold on tight as you are whisked away from canyon side to canyon side — above the treetops — via a zip line network of pulleys mounted at a height of up to 250 feet above the ground.
•Following your high-flying expedition, hike along a jungle path before rappelling down a refreshing waterfall. Set in the jungle for the rest of the adventure, splashing down 2 new waterslides to add even more excitement to your already full and thrilling day. Complete your adventure by splashing through streams and natural river pools before arriving back to base camp.
•Enjoy a beverage and light snack before beginning your approximate 60-minute journey — by Unimog and speedboat — back to the ship.

Best excursion ever!!!
__________________
dsnydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #281
Davetut019
Earning My Ears
 
Davetut019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Yepod View Post
Just lurking right now. We have done WBPC and are considering this EBPC, but not ready to commit. Had to jump in and let you know that PV Outdoor Adventure is a blast,

this tour you will: •Journey south by speedboat across Banderas Bay to the secluded shores of Boca de Tomatlan, at the edge of the jungle. Note: Guests must be physically fit to participate. For safety reasons, expectant mothers, Guests with heart and respiratory conditions, and those with back/neck injuries cannot participate.
•Once there, prepare for an exhilarating all-terrain vehicle ride as you board a 4x4 Unimog and take off on an exciting off-road expedition to your base camp, 2,000 feet above sea level in the heart of the Sierra Madre jungle.
•After your hour-long drive, receive your equipment and take in a safety demonstration before taking off on a mule ride as you continue your trek up the mountain into the sub-tropical forest.
•Following your approximate 30-minute ride to the top of the mountain, gear up and hold on tight as you are whisked away from canyon side to canyon side — above the treetops — via a zip line network of pulleys mounted at a height of up to 250 feet above the ground.
•Following your high-flying expedition, hike along a jungle path before rappelling down a refreshing waterfall. Set in the jungle for the rest of the adventure, splashing down 2 new waterslides to add even more excitement to your already full and thrilling day. Complete your adventure by splashing through streams and natural river pools before arriving back to base camp.
•Enjoy a beverage and light snack before beginning your approximate 60-minute journey — by Unimog and speedboat — back to the ship.

Best excursion ever!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EjeG View Post
I looked a bit last night, seems like there are some very interesting adventures, but some ports we are not stopping for very long, IIRC one port I want to say we arrive 11am and leave 4:30 and it's a tendering port (only one), another port we stop almost as short. Might be because it's really days yet but in some ports there wasn't big selection of adventures.
I was looking around as well, and was thinking the same thing. We are in PV for only 5 hours, and they say that it is a 5 1/2 to 6 hour excursion. Is that just a rough estimate? It looks like it's an hour each way just to get there, before you even do anything. I wouldn't want to be cutting it that close to getting back to the ship to disembark.

With only four ports we are stopping at, there are going to be some tough choices to make.
__________________
04/2008 Disney Magic - 7 Night Eastern Caribean
08/2011 Disney Dream - 5 Night Bahamas
09/2014 Disney Wonder - 14 Night Panama Canal



Davetut019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #282
davidls
DIS Veteran
 
davidls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 2,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetut019 View Post
I was looking around as well, and was thinking the same thing. We are in PV for only 5 hours, and they say that it is a 5 1/2 to 6 hour excursion. Is that just a rough estimate? It looks like it's an hour each way just to get there, before you even do anything. I wouldn't want to be cutting it that close to getting back to the ship to disembark.

With only four ports we are stopping at, there are going to be some tough choices to make.
I too was just looking at our choices. Seems like so much to do and see, and so little time to do and see it all!!! I saw that too Davetut019 for PV. If Disney keeps this as one of our options, and we booked thru Disney, they would have to hold the ship for us to get back on board.
__________________
Our 1st Disney Cruise - 7 Days Eastern Caribbean - Disney Magic - Oct. 2007
Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 3 Days Bahamas - Disney Wonder - Oct. 2008

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #283
#1Yepod
Indecision may, or may not, be my problem.
 
#1Yepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southeast
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetut019 View Post
I was looking around as well, and was thinking the same thing. We are in PV for only 5 hours, and they say that it is a 5 1/2 to 6 hour excursion. Is that just a rough estimate? It looks like it's an hour each way just to get there, before you even do anything. I wouldn't want to be cutting it that close to getting back to the ship to disembark.

With only four ports we are stopping at, there are going to be some tough choices to make.
Our port time was approximately the same. You leave straight from the port area. You just walk off the ship and basically onto the boat. When you come back you come back to the same spot so you never go out of the immediate port area. Maybe a two minute walk to get back on the ship. The time for the excursion is approximate. After the adventure you can look at the pictures the photogragher took, decide if you want to buy the cd, get some souveniers, buy some food and drink, if you want. They know exactly when to get you back to the ship and time will be deducted from the relaxing time and not from the excursion itself.
__________________
#1Yepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #284
OMD13
Mouseketeer
 
OMD13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 291

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! I hope that everyone is doing well and are planning a fun weekend . If there is still room for the group brunch at Palo Bob and I would love to join you. It sounds like this is going to be a really fun cruise.
__________________


OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #285
Ksquires
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 25

I ment to ask. We booked connecting rooms this time so we can split the kids but not both sets of adults have to pack it in early. Has anyone had these before?Was it worth it?
Ksquires is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.