Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #31
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Ok I don't want to be rude so please forgive me if I come off that way, I guess I don't understand this because to be honest, none of those look really "costumey" to me, well except the Cheshire Cat with the cute whiskers. lol I'm curious as to what this really is, I mean I would do more I guess is what I'm trying to say......I don't see how wearing an orange shirt translates to Nemo, what am I missing???? LOL
Lol, don't worry about it. The more people know about Disneybounding, the more "costumes" we can see in the parks! Now, the reason why I put costumes in quotations is because you're right, they don't scream HEY LOOK I'M DRESSED UP AS A CHARACTER!! Disneybounders dress up with the knowledge that what they're wearing can kind of be construed as some sort of character. They take elements from a character and try to emulate that.

It's also possible to dress up as a land or attraction. For example, if I wanted to dress up as Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, I would probably wear something with birds and plants on it.

If you look at the DisneyBound tumblr, you'll see more examples of other interpretations. I started this thread for DISers who DisneyBound, and I'm hoping that it doesn't end up as a thread where people just paste pictures from that tumblr. As Astylla said, there really are no rules to it . Some people just choose more costumey elements than others!
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok I don't want to be rude so please forgive me if I come off that way, I guess I don't understand this because to be honest, none of those look really "costumey" to me, well except the Cheshire Cat with the cute whiskers. lol I'm curious as to what this really is, I mean I would do more I guess is what I'm trying to say......I don't see how wearing an orange shirt translates to Nemo, what am I missing???? LOL
Think of it more as a tribute to or in honor of than a costume. Her original Nemo shirt had tiny white sequins in stripes across her shirt and she wore her black belt over the shirt- so orange, white and black stripes. Unfortunately it was long sleeves and it turned very warm that day- luckily we had been checking the forecast so she had a backup- short sleeved orange shirt- not as Nemo-ish but she wore black shorts and a white tank, dolphin necklace and her sparkly sequiny blue shoes (to represent water). The idea isn't to make a costume, but to see what street clothes you have or could easily buy that you would still wear other times that would represent the character or movie. Maybe no one got the reference- maybe someone did while we were walking around- but it was still very fun knowing that you had this little secret and to see who gets it

We are the kind of family who loves spirit days at the schools, or dresses in support of the sports teams we go to- so this is just like that in a way...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #33
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
If I understand the concept since costumes for adults aren't allowed - the idea came from color schemes of characters or "regular" clothes that can be interpreted as Disney characters. It's something I personally love seeing and don't think there are any real rules. I'm a fierce believe in do what makes you happy !
Oh I am too, do what makes you happy, I guess some of the outfits I've seen I wouldn't assume were even modeled after a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess View Post
DF and I are planning to do this for our next trip! I'm going as Ursala - black and purple dress with an "eel" belt, white hat, and shell locket. DF wants to do Cinderella, but she's still working on the details.
Ok so that sounds like disneybounding, if I saw you dressed like that I would "get it" and say "she's Ursula". lol Cinderella, cute light blue skirt or dress with mouse jewelry. A cute brown dress with an apron and a broom applique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
Lol, don't worry about it. The more people know about Disneybounding, the more "costumes" we can see in the parks! Now, the reason why I put costumes in quotations is because you're right, they don't scream HEY LOOK I'M DRESSED UP AS A CHARACTER!! Disneybounders dress up with the knowledge that what they're wearing can kind of be construed as some sort of character. They take elements from a character and try to emulate that.

It's also possible to dress up as a land or attraction. For example, if I wanted to dress up as Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, I would probably wear something with birds and plants on it.

If you look at the DisneyBound tumblr, you'll see more examples of other interpretations. I started this thread for DISers who DisneyBound, and I'm hoping that it doesn't end up as a thread where people just paste pictures from that tumblr. As Astylla said, there really are no rules to it . Some people just choose more costumey elements than others!
Ok, I get it then. It was what I thought, I guess I'd just "kick it up a notch" and be more "costumey". LOL I do love the photos everyone has posted, there are some cute outfits being shared.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #34
mamaCta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I am too, do what makes you happy, I guess some of the outfits I've seen I wouldn't assume were even modeled after a character.
I agree, there are many outfit ideas on the disneybounding site that I would never guess even if I saw them in the park.

Some of the outfits I have planned are:
-red polka dot dress with yellow belt and black shoes
-yellow skirt with blue shirt and red headband
-some sort of blue and white outfit

I'm going to wear them on the same days that my DD3 wears her play dresses. If I'm going to go to the effort I want people to notice.

This trip is Me, DH, Sis21, DD15, DS6, DD3, and the ILs.

Disneybounding planning on mama-c.polyvore.com
mamaCta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
kangamama
Mouseketeer

It really is fun to do it as a group.
kangamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #36
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Like man I just dropped my last M&M's to post this ha! How about everyone pick a day and time to have a flash mob Disneybounding? I like the idea.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~
Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #37
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post

Pinup and Dana, your outfits look amazing!!!
Pinup, where is that picture of Walt? Dana, I especially like the Jane outfit. The jaguar bracelet is a great touch.
The picture of Walt in Pinup's post is in front of the Walt Disney Theater on Disney Cruise Line.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #38
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

[IMG][/IMG]
In a Tea Party dress with the White Dress

[IMG][/IMG]
Mickey was my date on the last night of our cruise

[IMG][/IMG]
My daughter as Play House Minnie, and I as classic Minnie

[IMG][/IMG]
Dressed in Holiday Red

[IMG][/IMG]
This was purely accidental bounding with Goofy

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #39
hallienicole
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinup Mommy View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
In a Tea Party dress with the White Dress

[IMG][/IMG]
Mickey was my date on the last night of our cruise

[IMG][/IMG]
My daughter as Play House Minnie, and I as classic Minnie

[IMG][/IMG]
Dressed in Holiday Red

[IMG][/IMG]
This was purely accidental bounding with Goofy

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I just LOVE your classic style!! That blue dress is gorgeous!
Disneyland:Oct '01 (Good Neighbor Hotel), June '07 (Tropicana Inn & Suites), June '08 (Tropicana Inn & Suites), Oct. '08 (Camelot Inn and Suites), June '10 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan '12 (Best Western Park Place Inn), April '13 (Carousel Inn & Suites) October '14 (Paradise Pier Hotel)
WDW: June '09 (Sheraton Vistana Villages Villas), Jan '11 (Caribbean Beach Resort), Aug '12 (Beach Club), Jan '14 (Wilderness Lodge)
hallienicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #40
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

The two shirts I ordered from ChicByAmber on Etsy arrived today!

Going to have to fix up the Tink one a bit, though, because the tule wings go right into my airpits, and the light green tule on the front at the top will drive me nuts. I might even take the wings off completely, to make the shirt a little more subtle.
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #41
mamaCta
DIS Veteran

I *may* have put together these outfits already.

http://mama-c.polyvore.com/

I'm still looking for just the right blue dress to be Cinderella, Alice or Belle.

This trip is Me, DH, Sis21, DD15, DS6, DD3, and the ILs.

Disneybounding planning on mama-c.polyvore.com
mamaCta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #42
kangamama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaCta
I *may* have put together these outfits already.

http://mama-c.polyvore.com/

I'm still looking for just the right blue dress to be Cinderella, Alice or Belle.
Very cute --- I love the Snow White outfit. I disneybounded as Alice in early march, and had a hard time finding a dress in the right shade of blue. I gave up and just got a blue dress (the shade was close) and called it a day.
kangamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #43
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I did it without thinking today. I only realized how villainous I looked when I was all ready!

OP, I love your mardi gras/Tiana and Naveen outfits.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #44
BrynNicole
Earning My Ears

Gals you look amazing!! I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of Disneybound's ideas on Pinterest. And I think the idea is genius! Make a fashion statement, imitate a character but with the intent on not looking costumey is the point. I see it as "this is not a blatant attempt but a street clothes interpretation of, say, Minnie or Tink." Can't wait for my next trip to get in on the action and will be sure to post!
BrynNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #45
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

Smile

This concept is so fun! I had NEVER heard of this term until the first post of this thread. We were people watching at Disneyland a few weeks ago, and an older teen girl walked by us. We did a double take as she was dressed in Snow White colors--bright yellow skinnies, layered navy tee and royal blue tank, red flats and red headband, and bright red lipstick. She looked adorable and was drawing many eyes after her. We didn't know the term, but knew right off she was paying homage to Snow White!
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: