Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Niebz
DIS Veteran

Disneyland hotel waterslide height/age requirements?

Does anyone know if there are height requirements for the monorail waterslides? Can small children ride with a parent or do they have to be able to go on their own to ride? Thanks!
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

DLH: Have not been since Oct 2012 but even toddlers could ride at that time if they had life jacket (provided) on. The lifeguards were allowing parents of toddlers to wait in the pool at the end (not to catch, but in the water) to help the little ones to the side. No tandem sliding. Not sure whether this is the norm, but it has been our experience for several visits over the last 3 yrs.
Keeping track just for me: 7/7/14-15 APs days at DL: 4
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Tehls
THE Anthrax Fan

We were just there in Sept. of 2012 there is no height requirement for the slides. But children are asked to wear a life jacket that they provide (little swimmers too if needed). Its only one at a time and mom and dad can stay in pool to coaxs them away from the slide. Our boys loved it the lifeguards are right there watching the whole time.
2009 DL - Fairfield Inn
2011 DL - Fairfield Inn
2012 DL - Disneyland Hotel
May 21-24 2013 DL - Jolly Roger
Tehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

We were there a couple weekends ago, and my daughter witnessed young children on the slides by themselves.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
sunshine1974
Mouseketeer

We were there a few weeks ago and they told us at the front desk when checking in: as long as they can swim to the side of the pool they can go down the big slide. And there are life jackets available, but I didn't see any kids wearing them going down the slide.
sunshine1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
DLgal
DIS Veteran

What are you all talking about? At the Disneyland hotel, the monorail water slides DON'T end in a pool of water. Why would kids need to wear a life jacket? In case they get submerged in the 6" of water at the end of the slide?

The only DLR hotel that has strict slide rules is the GCH. Kids there cannot wear life jackets and have to be capable of independent swimming to go down the larger tree slide. The smaller slide to the side is open to kids of any age, and parents can sort of wait near the bottom to catch their kids at that one.

The slide at Paradise Pier hotel also doesn't end in water. Anyone can go down that one.
DLgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
What are you all talking about? At the Disneyland hotel, the monorail water slides DON'T end in a pool of water. Why would kids need to wear a life jacket? In case they get submerged in the 6" of water at the end of the slide?

The only DLR hotel that has strict slide rules is the GCH. Kids there cannot wear life jackets and have to be capable of independent swimming to go down the larger tree slide. The smaller slide to the side is open to kids of any age, and parents can sort of wait near the bottom to catch their kids at that one.

The slide at Paradise Pier hotel also doesn't end in water. Anyone can go down that one.
There is a slide at the DLH that does dump into a pool of water. I think it's the larger of the monorail slides, but I'm not positive. I just know my older girls went down it and the end of it fenced off. And they do have to swim from the bottom of the slide to the side of the pool to get out. And if I recall correctly, life jackets are not allowed on the slide. I'm not sure if there is a height requirement on it or if it's just the swimming ability aspect.

ETA: If you scroll down you can see the picture where the red monorail slide does dump into a pool
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2011/0...etro-pool-fun/

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post

The red monorail slide ends in a pool that is 3'6" deep.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: