Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #2191
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening guys.

FIL and I had a great day wandering around EPCOT. I did find this guy in the UK but his nametag said he was Jamie from Orlando.

I think someone forgot their nametag today.
Nice score! You remember his offer to the DISDads?

Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #2192
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Nice score! You remember his offer to the DISDads?

He did ask if we were going to be around for the fireworks but that would be too long a day for the FIL.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #2193
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

He ran them out of the NIT this year.

They did have a great team last year - starting lineup featured 5 NBA players - which don't come around all the time. UL has assembled a good team this year, although the Big East hasn't faired well in the tournament this year. They have been fun to watch.
I hear with the recruiting class he's got lined up for next year he will be rolling out another NBA all star team. I'd say I wonder how he does it but there might be a clue in how he left the last 2 programs he was with. I'm not bitter, just jealous. My Illini have been close twice in my lifetime but just haven't finished the job. Hope it happens before I get old.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #2194
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
I hear with the recruiting class he's got lined up for next year he will be rolling out another NBA all star team. I'd say I wonder how he does it but there might be a clue in how he left the last 2 programs he was with. I'm not bitter, just jealous. My Illini have been close twice in my lifetime but just haven't finished the job. Hope it happens before I get old.
Noel will probably go pro, but they do have a great recruiting class. He still has to get them to play as a team. I don't think anyone has any delusions about how he is recruiting. It's not if there are violations, it's when will the NCAA find out. Still, it is fun to watch the product on the Court.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #2195
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet View Post
Hello fellow Disney Dad's. I have been on these boards for more than 10 years (mainly DVC related) and finally found this location. I am an advid WDW fan. Spent many times there growing up in the 70's and early 80's. After having my first child in 2000, I convinced my wife to purchase into the DVC and have been going regulary since. We love it. I am the orchastrator/quarterback for planning our trips out. I already have the next two years mapped out. We have three children 12 yr old son, 10 yr old daughter and a 10 month old baby boy. Looking forward to spending time with you fellow Dad's in the future.
Welcome to the club Pete!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
In case anyone was wondering... The camera down the throat was uneventful. Propofol was great but not the hallucinogenic I was hoping for. And there's nothing weird in my stomach. Doc says that's good news, but I took it as bad. Nothing weird in there means they don't know what's going on. New batch of pills to take- oh, goody. Not been posting lately as I'm nervous to be on the disboards after last week's virus. Don't want to make the IT people angry. You wouldn't like them when they're angry.

Chris I am sorry that they were not able to get to the bottom of your problem. I guess the only good things is that they know what it is not! I was perplexed like you when I read about adoption situation. With the upcoming placement being her third hosting it does lead one to wonder if she is working the system and hungry for attention. Sadly, if it is an attention thing she is missing the boat and not settling on a family to call her own where she would get the attention she obviously craves!

Happy First Birthday Ryder!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #2196
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Hello fellow Disney Dad's. I have been on these boards for more than 10 years (mainly DVC related) and finally found this location. I am an advid WDW fan. Spent many times there growing up in the 70's and early 80's. After having my first child in 2000, I convinced my wife to purchase into the DVC and have been going regulary since. We love it. I am the orchastrator/quarterback for planning our trips out. I already have the next two years mapped out. We have three children 12 yr old son, 10 yr old daughter and a 10 month old baby boy. Looking forward to spending time with you fellow Dad's in the future.

Welcome to the club!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #2197
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
A day early... but to ensure we get it in on time....

To DISDad#1 - the one who started it all

Happy Birthday Disney Fanatic

Hasppy Birthday !!!

and, Happy Birthday Ryder !!!

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #2198
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Thank you to all that kept me and my family in there thoughts and prayers. It has been a hard 7 days since DW G-Ma died. She is now in a better place and the initial shock is over, now we can remember and reflect on the great life she lead.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #2199
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Tired of hearing the hype and these bandwagon Hurricane fans. Glad Marquette shut them up big time. Tough loss by Arizona. Settling in now watching Syracuse/Indiana.

Quote:
Hello fellow Disney Dad's. I have been on these boards for more than 10 years (mainly DVC related) and finally found this location. I am an advid WDW fan. Spent many times there growing up in the 70's and early 80's. After having my first child in 2000, I convinced my wife to purchase into the DVC and have been going regulary since...
Welcome. Lots of DVC Members here. What is your home resort? Mine is BWV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, thanks for bringing that up.
I am a helper Mark.

Quote:
In case anyone was wondering... The camera down the throat was uneventful. Propofol was great but not the hallucinogenic I was hoping for. And there's nothing weird in my stomach. Doc says that's good news, but I took it as bad...
Sorry they haven't found the cause yet. Hopefully they will soon. Doubly sorry there were no hallucinations.

Quote:
Not been posting lately as I'm nervous to be on the disboards after last week's virus. Don't want to make the IT people angry. You wouldn't like them when they're angry.
Were they able to narrow it down? I haven't had a virus and haven't seen any other posts about it.

Quote:
Totally random item:

Our Ukranian visitor from December has agreed to be adopted by a family in Minnesota. Not sure how I feel about that. I hope the best for her but I want to tell the family not to get their hopes up. After all, she said the same thing to us and that didn't go too well.
I was thinking the same thing you said in your other post about a free trip to the US. Sorry you had to go through all that. Hopefully she finds her place in the world.

Quote:
I caught the second half. How did they get so far behind? And, without Noah?
Didn't see the start but the Bulls outplayed them early on. I think part of it is the grind and extra attention eventually wore them down. Still a great streak.

Quote:
Been a rough week and I'm getting ready to go drinking. It will be an interesting draft.
Sorry about the week. Enjoy the drinking. Toast one for me, will ya?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #2200
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
You coach soccer too? We have had two soccer games cancelled because of the weather. I didn't think it was that bad though.

The only soccer coaching I do is from the parents area. Other than that I just play.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #2201
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Noel will probably go pro, but they do have a great recruiting class. He still has to get them to play as a team. I don't think anyone has any delusions about how he is recruiting. It's not if there are violations, it's when will the NCAA find out. Still, it is fun to watch the product on the Court.
I've always enjoyed watching UK, but his recruiting illegalities do bug me. He just seems like a sleezball...
Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #2202
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
to the insane asylum!

Quote:
In case anyone was wondering... The camera down the throat was uneventful. Propofol was great but not the hallucinogenic I was hoping for. And there's nothing weird in my stomach. Doc says that's good news, but I took it as bad. Nothing weird in there means they don't know what's going on. New batch of pills to take- oh, goody. Not been posting lately as I'm nervous to be on the disboards after last week's virus. Don't want to make the IT people angry. You wouldn't like them when they're angry.
I can't believe they didn't find anything in there... like bacon.

I hope these new meds will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
Well, Hopefully UPS will have an overnighted package for me tomorrow. One of the vendors that does work for us offered us Milwaukee Bucks tickets. 4 tickets 7 rows off of the floor and includes parking and entry into the court side dining.
Do I like basketball that much. Not really. (wife does but doesn't ever watch it) Do I even know who is playing for the Bucks this year. Nope. But for a free night on the town (minus gas) how can i say no. Last time we went (which we got tickets from these guys a couple of years ago) the ticket price was around $230 per ticket.

I can't turn down free. Now for our half time entertainment, (I looked it up) Vanilla Ice will be performing.
SWEET! Hope you aren't inviting Barry to crash the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
146 days for us. Yup, that a triple banana dance!
that's nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Prices are based on how many plates you eat. They literally come over at the end of the meal and count the plates then give you a bill based on that.
hummm.... there has to be a way to thwart the system.

Quote:
What a really long week this week. I pulled two 14 hour days and have been away from home since Monday. This is absolutely way too much effort for me. I have to work tomorrow to noon, drive 2 hours home, and then off for the next two weeks. I am so looking forward to the break.
I'm sure you'll love seeing the family.... enjoy your vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening guys.

FIL and I had a great day wandering around EPCOT. I did find this guy in the UK but his nametag said he was Jamie from Orlando.

I think someone forgot their nametag today.

Looking good Stewart!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #2203
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
I've always enjoyed watching UK, but his recruiting illegalities do bug me. He just seems like a sleezball...
What's up Paul? Isn't it like 5am there?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #2204
moose615
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Fellow Dads, I hope all is well, Welcome to the club Pete, I'm also a dvc'r but a newer one.

Recorded my first podcast with Aaron and Nemi Nate last night on "The Darkside of Orlando" Universal Studios/IOA, had a blast doin the podcast, we didn't even touch on half of the things to do there so def check out the podcast if you have been wanting to take a little side trip and hopefully y'all won't revoke my Disdads card for it haha.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #2205
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Ryder is a year old already? wow.

So, we found out yesterday that the bank has accepted our offer on the short-sale house we're trying to buy. If all things go smoothly, we're looking to be closing by the end of April. It still means no WDW trips this year, but it also means an incredible amout of space for the family, and maybe even a "real" office for the DW, instead of a laptop and a couch!

So I'm pretty happy this morning.

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: