Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #451
adamsclan
Mouseketeer

In November we took a RCCL cruise in a Concierge suite, which had upgraded balcony furniture. We came back from the safety drill to find the man from the next cabin trying to drag our lounger across the wall between our balconies. I went all "mean mother" mode on him (which I didn't even realize I had modes) and told him he'd better put our furniture back. Apparently I snapped and wagged my finger quite a bit, and he got to jumping to obey.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #452
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsclan View Post
In November we took a RCCL cruise in a Concierge suite, which had upgraded balcony furniture. We came back from the safety drill to find the man from the next cabin trying to drag our lounger across the wall between our balconies. I went all "mean mother" mode on him (which I didn't even realize I had modes) and told him he'd better put our furniture back. Apparently I snapped and wagged my finger quite a bit, and he got to jumping to obey.
That's the closes icon to my mouth dropping open!

Yup, this may be the most shocking!!!! Dang ~ what nerve!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #453
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Where do people get their nerve???
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #454
starchild_217
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wow...balcony furniture must be really important to him. Unbelievable.
starchild_217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #455
crundell
Mouseketeer

Parents and their childrens bathroom habbits amaze me! Just off the Magic 8-day. I was lounging by the Googy pool with my 3 children swimming and I see this little girl 8-9 talking with a what I assume was the mom accross the pool at the tables. The next thing I know she goes in the shower, pulls her swimsuit to the side and pees in the shower! Then when she was done gave a thumbs up to the mother still sitting in the chairs behind the shower. Who instructs their child to do this stuff? There are 2 bathrooms close by this pool.
crundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #456
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crundell View Post
Parents and their childrens bathroom habbits amaze me! Just off the Magic 8-day. I was lounging by the Googy pool with my 3 children swimming and I see this little girl 8-9 talking with a what I assume was the mom accross the pool at the tables. The next thing I know she goes in the shower, pulls her swimsuit to the side and pees in the shower! Then when she was done gave a thumbs up to the mother still sitting in the chairs behind the shower. Who instructs their child to do this stuff? There are 2 bathrooms close by this pool.
Sounds like the Carnival crowd has jumped to DCL.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #457
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post

Eleven Carnival cruises and never seen any thing like that...

Last edited by TXDCLfan; 04-07-2013 at 08:38 PM.
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #458
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Please, no need for Carnival bashing on this board.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #459
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Not see, but hear. On an October 2009 Magic cruise, our stateroom was located next to an extremely loud family. Constantly screaming at each other. I heard the father yelling one day, and then he slammed something in the room so violently that the wall shook and my head bounced off the headboard where I was resting it. The next morning, I heard the father screaming at one of the children followed very clearly by a loud smack to the child that I could hear through the wall.

Families have arguments, of course, but this went on for days. It was clear the Dad was abusive, both physically and verbally. I felt awful for the children in that family.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #460
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

Quote:

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #461
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Not see, but hear. On an October 2009 Magic cruise, our stateroom was located next to an extremely loud family. Constantly screaming at each other. I heard the father yelling one day, and then he slammed something in the room so violently that the wall shook and my head bounced off the headboard where I was resting it. The next morning, I heard the father screaming at one of the children followed very clearly by a loud smack to the child that I could hear through the wall.

Families have arguments, of course, but this went on for days. It was clear the Dad was abusive, both physically and verbally. I felt awful for the children in that family.
Did you contact guest services about that?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #462
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post

3 Carnival cruises and never seen anything like that.
Except the yelling. At 2am. Right outside our cabin. It sure was a Fun Ship.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #463
Nanny2004
Mouseketeer

Not shocking but a little unexpected

I sailed on the Magic last November. My DGS (3) was given some colors and the kid's menu to color on. He began to color on the tablecloth. His parents (my DD and DSiL) immediately told him not to do that. Our server told us it was ok to color on the tablecloth and proceeded to draw a picture for DGS. Each night DGS would color on the tablecloth. The other family at our table also has a son around 3 or 4 years old. The mom did not want him coloring on the tablecloth. She didn't want him to think he could do that at home, which I totally understand. The dad, however, allowed him to do it and even joined in. He got a few dirty looks from his wife. However, by the final night of the cruise she was coloring on the tablecloth. I looked at her and said, in my "mom" voice (jokingly), "Are you coloring on the tablecloth?" To which she responded, "Yes, I have been pulled to the dark side!"

Nanny2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #464
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

A Man Hanging up His Laundry in the Sauna

So, I read all the posting and absolutely loved this thread!

My DH wanted me to relay his story...

On our MedCruise 2010 (won't reveal a specific one), we traveled with another family who we're good friends.

My DH and my friend's DH went to the "sauna" to relax. A man joined into the Sauna and decided to strip and hang up his clothing (yes... clothing including undergarment) on the rest of the open space.

Both the DHs looked dumbfounded. Then, disgust set in. So, they both left.

I remember that story when my DH reminded me the other night.

I keep thinking HOW DISGUSTING!?!
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #465
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanFan View Post
The most shocking and unexpected thing I've ever seen on a DCL cruise is that pesky dock at Port Canaveral at 6.000am on a Saturday morning!

Hehe. I totally get that, except ours was on Sunday. I think that dock has no lovers of it...we are happy to leave it and sad to come back to it... (tongue in cheek of course, I actually really like checking into that port... but we all hate checking out...
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: