Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Kayleighbelle
Earning My Ears

Help! Idea for a scrapbook/planner

Hi all! I have been looking through many many many threads and information to make a scrapbook.
What I really want to do however is merge a scrapbook and planner together as this is going to be part of a birthday present for my partner as we are going to WDW in October. I'm just after some wonderful ideas on how I can take the photos from last years holiday and put them together with facts/things to do during the time. I have a rough plan on which parks we are visiting and which day but haven't made any ADR as of yet ( I get that job in two months!)
Any ideas are welcome as I have no idea where to begin! P.s the book I have to use is 12x12 so this isn't designed to carry around the parks! Just a keepsake of the holiday before we go!
Thanks!!
Kayleighbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Reddy
Scrapbooker

http://wdwprepschool.com/resources/
that site has alot of ideas & things you can download

what type of scrapping are you planning on doing?? paper ditial
if paper what type of cutting machine do you have if you have one??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
scrappinstevie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleighbelle View Post
Any ideas are welcome as I have no idea where to begin! P.s the book I have to use is 12x12 so this isn't designed to carry around the parks! Just a keepsake of the holiday before we go!
Thanks!!
In my experience, pre-made scrapbooks are the hardest for me to create. It is hard enough to gather your supplies, memorabilia, photos and everything after the fact. I even have a hard time making gift scrapbooks without the pictures. But that is just me and it doesn't help at all in what you are trying to do-sorry!

I am just a bit confused on what you are trying to make....did you go to WDW last year for a holiday also? And you want to merge both holidays and yet also have a guide/planner for your upcoming trip as a gift for your partner?

Maybe a smash book type of layout would work for you? You could include your previous pictures to start and then make a wish list of all the things you plan to do at WDW on your holiday-maybe a bucket list type thing where you could include pictures, doodles, journaling, memorabilia, and facts about WDW-parks, characters, hidden Mickeys, food, whatever interests you and your partner....then you could have a section for journaling and pictures of your trip to finish after you get back home.
scrappinstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I did a smashbook style book from a composition book for my trip last year. I really enjoyed it as I was able to use the pages to write up all my plans and lists while planning then added in memorabilia and some small photos and stickers after the trip.

The only problem I had was the paper is thin so any stamping I did or colored pens bled through.

Here is a link to my pics on disneyscrappers.ning.com
http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/phot...12-smashbook-2

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: