Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #16
dennes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelong1
As the mom of 2 children who cannot have gluten I too ask that if there is any chance that you might request any gluten free item you note it on your reservation. It would not be fair for my children or anyone with dietary issues to miss out because someone willingly chose not to inform Disney and then ate what had been for them.
We are just venturing down the GF path as my son has very recently been diagnosed with celiacs. I too hope that there is sufficient food on board and hope that anyone with any allergy or choose to eat a certain way DO note it on their reservation form.

Many thanks

Disney world 2001, Disneyland and California Adventure 2001, Disney Wonder Pixar Pacific Coastal Cruise Sept 2012, Disneyland and California Adventure Sept 2012. LOVED Carsland!

Can't wait for April/May 2014. Trip of a lifetime with DH, DSs (7) and (11) Panama Canal cruise and WDW. Very exciting!
dennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
ILUVEAP
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3 View Post
I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I've eliminated all gluten and my symptoms have 90% subsided. Although I don't have celiac and won't become violently ill if eaten; I get joint, muscle and deep tissue pain. Obviously, it's a different situation, technically by choice because I don't want to be on meds the rest of my life and decided to cure myself through the food I eat. I could chose to "cheat" and deal with the pain if there was something I REALLY wanted but wouldn't completely disregard my diet onboard.

Do they offer gf pasta onboard? I've heard a lot of people get meat without sauce, but on top of gluten free, I'm also a vegetarian. I'm thinking I can have soup, salads, fruit and that they should be able to sautee veggies, rice, pasta and/or tofu. TIA!
They do offer gf pasta onboard. I had it a couple of times onboard the Magic in December. It was a corn pasta, I believe, which I really enjoyed.
ILUVEAP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #18
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVEAP View Post

They do offer gf pasta onboard. I had it a couple of times onboard the Magic in December. It was a corn pasta, I believe, which I really enjoyed.
Excellent! I have found that I am not a fan of the brown rice pasta. But the corn or quinoa pasta is good stuff!
Msmit002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #19
marshmellow86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Do they offer gf pasta onboard?
Yes. My daughter orders the gf pasta every day (that is basically her lunch.). In the past it has been tinkyada brand (as they brought me the package to review).
marshmellow86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

I am Celiac and have only had great experiences with DCL..Chef and servers were wonderful not only when I was in the MDR with them but many times I was in the MDR without them and they still made sure my food was GF and stopped by to talk with me, and in the buffet, the chef walked me though each time and on the island they ( my head server and serving team) ordered GF food for me there.. I just had a wonderful experience ..

so please note it on you reservation, tell your server/head server, and Chef, and you will be GF.

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #21
HiYaPal
Mouseketeer

Gf

Quote:
I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I've eliminated all gluten and my symptoms have 90% subsided. Although I don't have celiac and won't become violently ill if eaten; I get joint, muscle and deep tissue pain. Obviously, it's a different situation, technically by choice because I don't want to be on meds the rest of my life and decided to cure myself through the food I eat. I could chose to "cheat" and deal with the pain if there was something I REALLY wanted but wouldn't completely disregard my diet onboard.

Do they offer gf pasta onboard? I've heard a lot of people get meat without sauce, but on top of gluten free, I'm also a vegetarian. I'm thinking I can have soup, salads, fruit and that they should be able to sautee veggies, rice, pasta and/or tofu. TIA!
Keep in mind that many soups start with a roux made of flour and that many sauteed veggies (and sometimes tofu) are marinated or cooked in soy sauce which is usually not gluten free unless you specifically get gluten free soy sauce. French fries and other fried foods may or may not be gluten free depending on whether they are coated in flour or if the fryer used is a dedicated fryer. There is so much to learn!!!

HiYaPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #22
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiYaPal View Post
Keep in mind that many soups start with a roux made of flour and that many sauteed veggies (and sometimes tofu) are marinated or cooked in soy sauce which is usually not gluten free unless you specifically get gluten free soy sauce. French fries and other fried foods may or may not be gluten free depending on whether they are coated in flour or if the fryer used is a dedicated fryer. There is so much to learn!!!
I agree HiYaPal. There is so much to learn. Some days are good some days are bad. I feel like I'm always checking labels and asking for ingredients. I will be so happy to be onboard and not worry about it. It can be exhausting but I am completely better without gluten. I've been gf for 3 months and when I have cheated, there is no denying that my pain and suffering comes back. I've noted it on both of my upcoming cruises so I know they won't run out because of me!

WDW = 1996 off property ~ 2000 off property ~ 2008 WL ~ 2009 POP ~ 2010 SSR and POP ~ 2011 off property ~ 2012 off property, POR and ASMusic ~ 2013 SSR ~ 2014 off property ~ 2015 SSR

DCL = 2012 DREAM Double Dip ~ 2014 MAGIC Southern Caribbean

disneydork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

Another vote to note it on your reservation. Even though you know what you can order, they need to know to stock the right amount of food.

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: