Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
DadLightyear
WearTheYellowBand

Thoughts on Pirates League

Hey everyone. My family of 9 is headed down to WDW in June. Our first day at the MK, we have a late lunch reservation at Cinderella's. My two nieces are getting made up at BBB, and I wanted to do something fun for my 4.5 year old son. So, I just booked him a spot at the Pirates League. He LOVES anything pirate, so I'm thinking he'll live this. I was hoping to get some feedback on people's experience here. Is it worth the $35? Are the take home swords, bandanas, etc., really chincy? Any reviews or experiences are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
SLamott1973
Earning My Ears

Our first trip DS5 and I joined Jacks crew! we are big PoC fans.. it was an amazing time that we will remember forever and worth every penny he tells everyone he's part of Captain Jack sparrows crew. The cast members we super fun.I tried to get DS 15 to do it of course he was way too cool but afterwards he said he regretted not doing it too! It was worth it for us

10/2014 Wilderness Lodge
11/2012 Wilderness lodge
4/2011 CBR
SLamott1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Definitely go for it. My boys loved it. The things you get are pretty cool, not junky at all.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

We have never done it but are planning to on our next trip I have friends that have been there with their kids and they LOVED it

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
lmcmanus1795
Earning My Ears

We did this on our last trip and it was fabulous. We had a 5yr old girl and 4 yr old boy and BOTH loved the entire thing. I personally like it much better than BBB for my daughter. We just brought our own pirate costumes to save some money and it was great. We went a year and a half ago and my children still have all their treasures and swords.

I would post pics but I am not too sure how
lmcmanus1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

We have this booked for our son but I have to cancel it because he doesn't want to do it. Luckily I asked him first instead of surprising when we get there. I was sure he'd want to do it but oh well. I've heard good things about it so I'm assuming it's worth it.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
mandy14
Earning My Ears

My daughters did it and LOVED it. They didn't want to do the BBB so we tried this. I do have to say that they loved it much better the first time. The second time they did it they knew what would happen.
mandy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
nadira36
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed it a lot when we did it (as adults) - my DD loved it when she did it - but then the comments around the park "why aren't you a princess' - or worse saying hi and noticing her sister, but not her had her heartbroken and she took everything off - but the experience itself was fabulous and she still (2 years later) calls herself by her pirate name.

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
SuchASully
Earning My Ears

My husband took my then 3yr son last time we went three years ago. They had a great time! My son still treasures everything that came with it - the photo has a place of pride on his dresser. My second son can't wait to do this on our upcoming trip.
SuchASully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
DESKRoberts
Earning My Ears

My DS loved it last year, and still talks about it. We are going again this August, and he wants to do it again. He still lays with all the gear he got. Definitely worth the price!

1994- Offsite; 2004- ASMu; 2006- Offsite; 2012- POR; 2013- POR; 2014- CBR

DESKRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
tyzzle
Mouseketeer

My 5 y.o. dd LOVED it last year. Definitely worth it. We still have the sword from Sept. and it gets played with frequently. She will still dress in the sash and bandanna. She wants to go back this year and do the mermaid or siren.

Me Hubby Delilah(5) Delores (2)
tyzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
arwood82
DIS Veteran

We took my 3 year old in October and he loved it. He still talks about and says he wants to do it again when we go back. My youngest will be 3 next time we go and he wants to do it next time too. It is worth every penny and I will gladly pay for it again.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
DadLightyear
WearTheYellowBand

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to remove the facial paint? Looking at the options, I'm going to assume my DS will go for the all white skull look. I'm envisioning him passing out in the stroller at 2:00, and having to clean him up before his nap back at our resort. He's going to be decked out as a pirate for our lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table, but afterwards we're planning on going back to our resort for naps/downtime before returning to the MK that night.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #14
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

Super easy to get off..baby wipes or soap and water. It has come off a few times when the kids were not ready.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadLightyear View Post
Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to remove the facial paint? Looking at the options, I'm going to assume my DS will go for the all white skull look. I'm envisioning him passing out in the stroller at 2:00, and having to clean him up before his nap back at our resort. He's going to be decked out as a pirate for our lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table, but afterwards we're planning on going back to our resort for naps/downtime before returning to the MK that night.

My boys were able to get the "beard" and "scars" off easily, but the eye liner lasted a few days. DS10 looked like a rockstar for a while. I was glad we did our family pic before the make over.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: