DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

Renting Points

So.... Just looking into this for next March. We had so much fun when we went to Disney last week that we want to go next year. My two older children want to bring friends. I am looking at SSR at the 2 bedroom. Will it possible to rent that in January 2014? Also where's the best place to rent? I love the idea of having a kitchen and some room to spread out. We loved POR, but still felt like we could of used more room!

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen View Post
So.... Just looking into this for next March. We had so much fun when we went to Disney last week that we want to go next year. My two older children want to bring friends. I am looking at SSR at the 2 bedroom. Will it possible to rent that in January 2014? Also where's the best place to rent? I love the idea of having a kitchen and some room to spread out. We loved POR, but still felt like we could of used more room!
If you are looking at spring break, January is too short to find a week in March. Book seven months out at the minimum.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen View Post
The earlier you book, the more likely you will be to get something. However, almost all rental transactions are non-refundable, so I understand why you might like to wait until closer to the trip to actually complete the transaction.

SSR is the largest WDW DVC resorts and is virtually always the last to sell out. You may very well be able to find something there a few months out. Keep in mind that at 60 days prior to arrival, DVC gives the general public a shot at any unreserved villas by sending the info over to CRO/DRC. So it's a good idea to get something nailed down before then.

Consider booking something for cash, taking special note of the cancellation policy. Then see what you can do for a 2 bedroom rental about 3 months prior to your preferred arrival date. We have a rental board on the DIS (DVC Rent/Trade) and/or you could look into one of our Board sponsors David's Vacation Club Rentals We have had no complaints at all regarding his services and you can find many threads on the boards talking about experiences with his company.

Good luck!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!! I am going to try my luck closer to time. I just don't know what the future will bring. If I am unable to get the two bedroom then I can always book at my favorite resort POR. Thanks for the info on the board. I will be checking that out.

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: