Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Question Chocolate-filled boxes at Grand Flo

Weird question!....but, has anyone here come across the following anywhere at the Grand Floridian??

Somewhere on that property are some fabric-covered boxes (some round, some oval), filled with chocolates from an Orlando-based chocolatier. The boxes are gold on the bottom, green lid with gold "GF" logo on the top.

I make these at my work but have NO IDEA what they are for and dying to know!!
Based on the quantity we've sent out, I'm guessing perhaps either for Concierge-level gifts, or maybe something to do with the upcoming DVC options there.

Just love to know if anyone's come across them and what the GF is doing with them!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Weird question!....but, has anyone here come across the following anywhere at the Grand Floridian??

Somewhere on that property are some fabric-covered boxes (some round, some oval), filled with chocolates from an Orlando-based chocolatier. The boxes are gold on the bottom, green lid with gold "GF" logo on the top.

Based on the quantity we've sent out, I'm guessing perhaps either for Concierge-level gifts, or maybe something to do with the upcoming DVC options there.

Just love to know if anyone's come across them and what the GF is doing with them!
As interesting as the chocolates are.... The "please stand clear of my coffee" is tooooo much. I can't see in the morning without it. Wish they made a shirt with that!
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

don't know.

does not sound like DVC - but with new management who knows?

maybe for a wedding - gifts for the wedding party?

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:

I think I may have about 1or 2 of those left, we gave some from our stay away. I'm going to locate one and take a picture of it. Please let me know if it's what you are describing

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #5
LegoMom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
As interesting as the chocolates are.... The "please stand clear of my coffee" is tooooo much. I can't see in the morning without it. Wish they made a shirt with that!
Right?! I actually have one of those ceramic travel mugs with the monorail graphic but that phrase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
I think I may have about 1or 2 of those left, we gave some from our stay away. I'm going to locate one and take a picture of it. Please let me know if it's what you are describing
Cool, thanks!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
Gary M
DIS Veteran

We stayed at CL at the GF last Dec. and received a box of chocolates as a gift. I don't remember what the container looked like.
Gary M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
LegoMom3

just bumping....
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
just bumping....
I found 2 different boxes, 1 was brownish gold ribbon wrapped and stamped with GF . The other box has fabric like top and 3 green and gold stripped ribbons or cords coming across the top and GF printed on it, I'm going to post a pic later when I get home

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
LegoMom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
I found 2 different boxes, 1 was brownish gold ribbon wrapped and stamped with GF . The other box has fabric like top and 3 green and gold stripped ribbons or cords coming across the top and GF printed on it, I'm going to post a pic later when I get home
Those sound a bit different but who knows how the GF enhances them once they get them!

(by the way, cm8, just wanted to say I love your siggie. )
Old 03-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
cm8

Quote:
Those sound a bit different but who knows how the GF enhances them once they get them!

(by the way, cm8, just wanted to say I love your siggie. )

Thank you Here is the front and back of one of the boxes

I'll open it too if you want

Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
LegoMom3

Thanks for the pics! But sadly.... ::sigh:: ....those aren't them. Ours are green and gold and either round or oval.

I think next time I'm in the World, I'm going to go to the GF Guest Services desk and see if they know.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the pics! But sadly.... ::sigh:: ....those aren't them. Ours are green and gold and either round or oval.

I think next time I'm in the World, I'm going to go to the GF Guest Services desk and see if they know.
Dd and I will be at Poly 4/5/13 and she loves to shop at GF . I will look around and see if they are available for sale while I am there.

If I see them should I buy one?????
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #13
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

interesting....
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #14
LegoMom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Dd and I will be at Poly 4/5/13 and she loves to shop at GF . I will look around and see if they are available for sale while I am there.

If I see them should I buy one?????
Can't say! I know the chocolates are supposed to be fairly gourmet (well, it *is* GF!), but I couldn't vouch for them one way or another (other than that the boxes are quite nice and well-made....).

If they're selling them (as opposed to being CL gifts or the like) I imagine they go for a pretty penny.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:

Ooh, I think I got one of those once!!

It was oval with the GF logo on the top and it had different little chocolates inside. We received it as a Bday present in the room for my DH in 2011 when we were staying in Sugar Loaf CL.

I don't think I have a picture of it anywhere but I'll look.

In December of last year we got the one that CM8 posted pics of as a welcome treat in room when we checked in at Sugar Loaf.

PS-- The box with the Bday chocolates was very very nicely made!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: