DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
circhead
Mouseketeer

Question When can I ask for a trade of reservations?

I don't fully understand the disboard rent/trade board rules.

I made a reservation at 11 months out at my home resort - something happened and now I can't use it - I want to try to trade it for a reservation at a different resort in 2014 - when can I post "Trade Wanted". I read the rules about 30 days prior if it is an existing reservation but that will lock me out of the resort I want for the week I want. Is there anything I can do besides pray that when the 7 month window arrives that owners at the resort I want were asleep at the switch?

Last edited by WebmasterDoc; 03-28-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Edited to remove specific details.
circhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by circhead View Post

I made a reservation at 11 months out at my home resort - something happened and now I can't use it - I want to try to trade it for a reservation at a different resort in 2014 - when can I post "Trade Wanted". I read the rules about 30 days prior if it is an existing reservation but that will lock me out of the resort I want for the week I want. Is there anything I can do besides pray that when the 7 month window arrives that owners at the resort I want were asleep at the switch?
From the **How to use this Board...** thread on the Rent/Trade Board.

If you are a DVC Member wanting to trade a reservation at a DVC Resort, please submit a thread to be validated. We would suggest using Trade Offered as the title. This would be used by a DVC Member owning at resort A wanting a reservation at resort B and would be accomplished by finding another member willing to make that reservation at their Home Resort in exchange for a reservation at resort A or a transfer of points into their account. If a member has an existing reservation the request may only be made within 30 days of arrival.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by circhead View Post

I made a reservation at 11 months out at my home resort - something happened and now I can't use it......(snip)...
Is there a reason why you can't just cancel the reservation? If the reservation is more than 31 days away from today, the points just go back into your account. You may even be able to bank them.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: