Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #361
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

I got an e-mail yesterday showing the 4 new colors for summer and I love all 4 of them.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #362
Kitkat6595
Mouseketeer

I just ordered my very first Vera purse and had to share. I went with the Hipster in Plum Crazy. It should be showing up any day and I am getting anxious to see it.

Previous Trips
May 1987 - off-site
March 1996 - off-site
March 2003 - off-site
June 2013 - off-site, Windsor Hills
Kitkat6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #363
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat6595 View Post
I just ordered my very first Vera purse and had to share. I went with the Hipster in Plum Crazy. It should be showing up any day and I am getting anxious to see it.
Yay! The hipster is a great bag and I LOVE Plum Crazy! But then again I pretty much love all the purple patterns. Enjoy your bag!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #364
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

What's your favorite carry-on?

Hi, everyone!

I'm looking for a new carry-on and am wondering which Vera would be best. I'll be traveling with my 2-year-old son, so I'm looking more for something that can double as a diaper bag than something that's really luggage-like.

Would my best bet be a backpack? A tote? Please let me know what you think!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #365
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Hi, everyone!

I'm looking for a new carry-on and am wondering which Vera would be best. I'll be traveling with my 2-year-old son, so I'm looking more for something that can double as a diaper bag than something that's really luggage-like.

I like the Weekenders.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #366
jiminykrikkit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Hi, everyone!

I use a Weekender. It has lots of pockets! Two slip pockets on the outside of one side, a long zipper pocket that runs the entire length of the other side, and four slip pockets on the inside (two on each side). If you don't fill it too full, it's not very heavy. It has handles and a shoulder strap (adjustable).

I got an email from a boutique in my area that sells VB, they're running a sale this weekend on the Hipsters ($45) and Mini Hipsters ($35). (Just realized that's the same special on the website. But no waiting for shipping!) I'm tempted, but I don't really need one...

jiminykrikkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #367
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I like the Weekenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminykrikkit View Post
I use a Weekender. It has lots of pockets! Two slip pockets on the outside of one side, a long zipper pocket that runs the entire length of the other side, and four slip pockets on the inside (two on each side). If you don't fill it too full, it's not very heavy. It has handles and a shoulder strap (adjustable).

I got an email from a boutique in my area that sells VB, they're running a sale this weekend on the Hipsters ($45) and Mini Hipsters ($35). (Just realized that's the same special on the website. But no waiting for shipping!) I'm tempted, but I don't really need one...
Thanks! I was looking at the Weekenders. I get the emails, too, so I'm trying to hold out for a deal. I'm such an impulse shopper, though. Sigh.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #368
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

I've made a few VB purchases lately. About 6 weeks ago I went to visit a friend in NYC for the weekend and needed something easier to tote around than my Large Duffel and my Get Carried Away, so I picked up a Weekender at the outlet in Wrentham, MA. I got it for about $50 or so - great buy and I LOVE the bag. It didn't get super heavy and it was PACKED.

I also picked up a Lunch Date to use as a cosmetic bag, as it is lined and fully washable, and much smaller than my hanging organizer and perfect for a weekend. (Of course, I do bring my lunch to work in a Lunch Date every day! Different patterns, of course - Ellie Blue for work, Safari Sunset for travel.) That was about $18 or so.

My best deal, however, came today. I knew the Vera outlets were having a 50% off sale and my parents were headed up to Wrentham to do some shopping. I had to go to work and so I sent them with my birthday coupon ($20 off $20 or more) and told them the bag style (a Vera) with a LONG list of colors I'd like. The Veras retail for $86 normally. Outlet price is $70. 50% off outlet price was $35, add in my $20 off $20 birthday coupon and it brings it down to $15 plus tax - an over 80% savings! This has been my best Vera deal EVER. (Before that it was definitely my Large Duffel for $40 and my Get Carried Away Tote for $45, but this takes the cake!)

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #369
Kauai4life
Earning My Ears

I just made my very first VB order yesterday, never even heard of them until I saw a topic on this forum. I bought a Claire, a little hipster keep it up organizer and a few other things. I hope I like it.
Kauai4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #370
beanner
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the pointers!!just got back this past week.. i used a Weekender as my carry on, a small duffel as my personal item and a hipster through the parks. Perfect!!
beanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #371
BrerRox
Waitin' on a Disney Day !

Like VB can not wait until the Disney patterns come out in fall-I'd imagine and hope they'd be less expensive than all the D&Bs I have purchased in the past. :-)
BrerRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #372
KateB
Mouseketeer

I'm looking for a smaller carry on. I have a rolling thirty one bag but need a small personal bag that will fit under the seat. Any suggestions???
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #373
beanner
Earning My Ears

I used the VB small duffle as my personal carryon item ... It fit perfectly under the seat!!
beanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #374
MrsBoyer428
Mouseketeer

Vera Obsessed here too!!!!

I fell in love with Vera AFTER we went to WDW, so I have no experiences with VB in the park. I am glad to know that alot of you love the hipster for the parks though. That's helpful for the future

DH and I leave on Friday for Orlando, staying the night and then boarding the Disney Fantasy on Saturday, so VB and I are BFF's right now:

I'm packing my and DH's suitcases with things for the cruise only. That way they can transfer right from the airport to the ship and we won't need them. I'll have my Weekender in Plum Crazy (Which I just bought and have used twice and LOVE LOVE LOVE ) for our clothes and things we'll need Friday since we won't have our suitcases as well as my Vera Tote (in Night and Day) for my carry ons. Vera will have my laptop, papers, cameras, etc in it. Also coming with my will be my wristlet (Island Blooms, appropriate) for when I don't have pockets on the ship, and my hipster (Rhythm and Blues) for when we get off the ship for excursions.

Obsessed with these too:

http://www.disney-world-personal-sho...gs-purses.html
Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #375
MrsBoyer428
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post
I'm looking for a smaller carry on. I have a rolling thirty one bag but need a small personal bag that will fit under the seat. Any suggestions???
The Weekender and Vera Tote both fit nicely under the seat in an airplane. I find they fit better if they're not stuffed to the brim with stuff falling out ;-) but they do still fit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: