Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
ctpooh
Loving Pooh

I exclusively pumped with both my children now 2 and 3. I also did it at Disney two consecutive trips. I would stop and pump every 3 hours and never had a problem. I will be honest though, we went in August so it was VERY HOT, so the frozen milk I always left frozen in a little cooler back in the AC'd room and while I was pumping my husband would be feeding the baby the milk I had previously pumped. I would carry it around with ice that the different soda places would give me in a cup. The Baby care centers were awesome and even had soap to clean the pump after each use so it was ready to use the next time. One thing that was very handy for me was I also had the medula pump and bought the conversion kit so you could pump directly into the bottles so they would be set to go.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
ChallengeFlag
Earning My Ears

I just want to add, based on my experience yesterday at Epcot, that I was not allowed to leave my (large) Medela pump at the Baby Care Center. The sinks were labeled Hand Washing Only, so I had to wash my parts in the restroom sink. I had to carry my pump and milk with me.
It was easier to just carry the pump rather than put it in a locker at the front of the park since the Center is near the Mexico pavilion. That was my choice.
Maybe it depends on who is working in the center as to whether or not anyone will be allowed to leave their equipment there.
ChallengeFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
BSanchez27
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say Kudos to you mama! I know how hard pumping is!
BSanchez27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
DISNEYWITHCHILDREN
Mouseketeer

I apologize I have not read through all the comments. But just wanted to say the Baby Care areas are fabulous. And the one in MK has a private nursing/pumping room. My daughter exclusively bfed (she would not take a bottle). I have no issues nursing in public, but when we'd be there all day I needed to take her somewhere without distractions. It was amazing to have an ac room with a rocking chair to nurse her!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
DISNEYWITHCHILDREN
Mouseketeer

Oh, and I wanted to add-you are a rock star mom! Exclusively pumping has to have challenges!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #21
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela0917 View Post
Has anybody done WDW with a baby while they are exclusively pumping? DD has a cleft palate and is unable to nurse so I've been exclusively pumping since she was a week old, she is almost 6 months now. I'm starting to freak out about everything, such as if I'll have a problem getting my pump and milk through security at the airport, what I'll do if I have a low milk day without my freezer stash, how I'll keep my milk cool enough all day at the park, how hard it's going to be to pump/store everything. Our flight will be getting to Orlando at 9:30am, do you think if we explained the situation to Disney they could make sure to have a room for us when we arrived so that I'll have a place to keep the pump so I don't have to take it to the park and can get the milk in refrigerator? I don't want to leave it at the desk because I don't want to take the chance of it getting mixed up. If anybody's done it i'd love to hear your experiences, or If anybody has any suggestions or tips, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

I just got back from WDW, and I'm exclusively pumping as well. I plan on responding to my original post here with an update, but just haven't gotten a change to yet.

I have a Medela PIS and an ameda PY (long story on why I have 2 now) - I used the Medela in the hotel room, and brought the Ameda into the parks with me.

People here did recommend using the Baby Care Centers, but I never actually did use them. The Ameda runs with batteries, so I would find an out of the way place, put on a nursing cover, and go about pumping just as a nursing mom would. I used pump and save bags to pump into in the parks to limit the # of bottles I had to carry. I also brought the medela breast pump wipes to clean the pump parts in between sessions.

I brought a small cooler with us to hold chilled milk, though I ended up finding that it was easier to keep my latest pumping session room temperature and then feeding it an hour or two later when DD was hungry. It was only in the 70s, so similar to room temperature at my house, so 1-2 hrs out was totally fine.

I will say, though, that we did also buy some ready to eat formula. DD doesn't get formula at all at home, but there were times that we needed to give it to her at WDW. It was difficult to find ways to warm up the milk (she won't drink it chilled..room temp, yes, but not cooler chilled). Even at the restaurants, we'd get hot water (like we do at home), but for some reason the water cooled off very quickly and it was a bit of a pain. If you need to warm bottles at all, I highly recommend finding a battery operated warmer or something like these . We didn't use a lot of formula, but we did use some. I was only able to get in 7 sessions/day (one day was 6), and my supply did take a bit of a hit, so having the back up plan was helpful for me.

If you have any questions, PM me! It is totally daunting to EP in the first place, much less think about doing it at WDW. I completely understand! I'm happy to help however i can!

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Oh, and as for having the pump in the park, I brought the Ameda because it was small enough to put in a backpack. I didn't want to leave it with the stroller, or have to go to a locker to retrieve it, so we just carried it with us.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: