Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #2971
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
We've seen one across the water at the BCVillas.
Thanks. I guess I will tell him to keep his eyes open.

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #2972
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
We've seen one across the water at the BCVillas.
We didn't see one ourselves, but it seems like there are a lot of reports at the BC but not the BW. Maybe they're scared of clowns?

It might be worth a quick excursion around the BC grounds to see if he can find one.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #2973
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
We didn't see one ourselves, but it seems like there are a lot of reports at the BC but not the BW. Maybe they're scared of clowns?

It might be worth a quick excursion around the BC grounds to see if he can find one.
. I've seen photos of a baby alligator in the canal at the back of the Beach Club Villas but not seen one myself. We saw quiet a few turtles there so it might nice for him to go and have a look
Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #2974
kittycruize
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We are coming in on April 10 to the BWI, and I have a question about onine checkin requests. I am booked in a standard room, but I have an option for floors, and canal view, and boardwalk view. Can anyone help me with the floors option? Do I want highest floor, or 5th floor, or 4th floor or what? Last time we stayed there we got a ground floor, and we did not like that. Should I select highest floor? What is the 4th or 5th floor like? Also, if I selected canal or boardwalk view, would I even get that since we are just booked for a standard room?
Any help on this would be so appreciated!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #2975
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

I think we will spend some time looking around BC. He would be so excited to see one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
. I've seen photos of a baby alligator in the canal at the back of the Beach Club Villas but not seen one myself. We saw quiet a few turtles there so it might nice for him to go and have a look
He likes turtles too. So that would be a win.

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #2976
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
I think we will spend some time looking around BC. He would be so excited to see one.

There are usually turtles swimming around and under the loading dock area at DHS for the boats that go from DHS to the Epcot resorts and Epcot. DD is always on the lookout for them and we usually spot a couple.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #2977
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
There are usually turtles swimming around and under the loading dock area at DHS for the boats that go from DHS to the Epcot resorts and Epcot. DD is always on the lookout for them and we usually spot a couple.
Thanks!! I'm sure all my kids will be interested in finding them.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #2978
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Mug refill reminder:

The BoardWalk Bakery is undergoing renovations now through April 26, 2013. For guests who are using refillable mugs, you'll still be able to pick up the mugs at the temporary tent location, or at Seashore Sweets, located adjacent to the Bakery. Guests can refill their mugs at the temporary location from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. daily. After 11 a.m., refills will be available at the Boardwalk Pizza Window until midnight. Guests can also refill their mugs during these hours at Belle Vue Lounge, Seashore Sweets, and Leaping Horse.

~AllEars
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #2979
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Of course there are always the thousands of little lizards that are everywhere also! They are fun to watch as well.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #2980
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
Of course there are always the thousands of little lizards that are everywhere also! They are fun to watch as well.
When I was a kid I would catch them all the time when we went to FL. I can remember the first time a tail came off in my hand. I was traumatized.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #2981
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

i thought they moved the alligator from the BC because it got too large....?

we've seen an alligator in the water between tom sawyer's island and frontierland (as recently as last fall). it is missing one "arm", but seems to be doing quite well in its habitat
e've recently seen another in AK park, in a protected (sloped, with fencing) on the way into dinoland, before chester & hester's. he would probably enjoy seeing all the animals in AK anyway (especially kalimarnjaro safari & pangani trail).
hth
Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #2982
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycruize View Post
Hi everyone! We are coming in on April 10 to the BWI, and I have a question about onine checkin requests. I am booked in a standard room, but I have an option for floors, and canal view, and boardwalk view. Can anyone help me with the floors option? Do I want highest floor, or 5th floor, or 4th floor or what? Last time we stayed there we got a ground floor, and we did not like that. Should I select highest floor? What is the 4th or 5th floor like? Also, if I selected canal or boardwalk view, would I even get that since we are just booked for a standard room?
I am also wondering this?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #2983
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
i thought they moved the alligator from the BC because it got too large....?

we've seen an alligator in the water between tom sawyer's island and frontierland (as recently as last fall). it is missing one "arm", but seems to be doing quite well in its habitat
e've recently seen another in AK park, in a protected (sloped, with fencing) on the way into dinoland, before chester & hester's. he would probably enjoy seeing all the animals in AK anyway (especially kalimarnjaro safari & pangani trail).
hth
Thanks the tips! He does like the trails at AK. Especially the bird area. He wanted to spend forever in the bat enclosure last time. The Gator in AK is the one they have in the park on purpose right? That really big one? My DS watched it lay there (with myself holding him so he could see) for at least 20 mins.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #2984
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycruize View Post
The Online Check-in seems to only generate popular requests and not necessarily all possibilities nor even likely ones. A BoardWalk view isn't a STD room option, unless staying club level. Best to request an actual STD view option, as you'll be much more likely to get it. I think an Epcot (Garden) View on the 5th floor is the perfect STD View request. The view is wonderful and you can watch Illuminations from your balcony. Just call the WDTC and add your request now to your reservation. Good luck and have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post

We encountered a very large turtle crossing over from the grassy area next to the Crescent Lake canal that's after ESPN. I was surprised to see it s l o w l y making its way over toward Crescent Lake.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #2985
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

We encountered a very large turtle crossing over from the grassy area next to the Crescent Lake canal that's after ESPN. I was surprised to see it s l o w l y making its way over toward Crescent Lake.
How exciting!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: