DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #61
gdrj
DIS Veteran
 
gdrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTry View Post
So you guys are basically being trolls at the kiosk and are surprised he gets upset?

I agree he should have maintained composure and emotionally cut bait after your second snide remark. I hope he will apply what he learned from you to the next rude people he meets.
Agreed, although I wasn't there, my first thought was the Cast Member is standing there all day and you have (to a certain degree) someone saying I don't need you, you are selling a worthless product I can get cheaper (through renting).

I've gone pass the Kiosks and the guy is just doing his job, while some people are just rude to him and blaming him for all the faults of Disney and their lifes and their sticky, over sugared bratty kids. (I realize I'm exaggerating)

If the cast member was rude, could have been a poor attempt at humor assuming you were ribbing him he was ribbing you back or you were dismissive in a way that impacted other guests who were lurking nearby.

Even if it was out of align, so be it. The guy may have been having a rough day at work, happens to all of us from time to time. Hopefully in all the posters lifes people are more forgiving than some of use here (myself included at times )
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #62
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrj View Post
Agreed, although I wasn't there, my first thought was the Cast Member is standing there all day and you have (to a certain degree) someone saying I don't need you, you are selling a worthless product I can get cheaper (through renting).

I've gone pass the Kiosks and the guy is just doing his job, while some people are just rude to him and blaming him for all the faults of Disney and their lifes and their sticky, over sugared bratty kids. (I realize I'm exaggerating)

If the cast member was rude, could have been a poor attempt at humor assuming you were ribbing him he was ribbing you back or you were dismissive in a way that impacted other guests who were lurking nearby.

Even if it was out of align, so be it. The guy may have been having a rough day at work, happens to all of us from time to time. Hopefully in all the posters lifes people are more forgiving than some of use here (myself included at times )
I know there are some that make it a social event and try to stop in as many as they can. I think very few would walk up in their face out of the blue and tell someone they're buying resale in an in your face approached. I think most wouldn't even bring it up in casual conversation unless pushed. Some of the ASA's are more pushy than others and while none of us were there, the odds are that this only came out when pushed to schedule a tour and after some type of back and forth salesman banter. From a more technical side, when one buys resale, that's a certain amount of money that they mouse will never get so he was wrong in that aspect as well.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #63
bighoo93
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
From a more technical side, when one buys resale, that's a certain amount of money that they mouse will never get so he was wrong in that aspect as well.
Technically, every penny that anyone ever spends on anything bought from everyone but Disney is a certain amount of money "the mouse" will never get. This is so obvious that it seems unlikely the comment was intended to contradict this. Most likely it meant that someone staying in the Disney area is going to be spending a lot of money on theme park admissions, food, souvenirs and the like, which will in fact go to Disney. And in most cases, that is obviously true, and is why Disney needn't (and probably doesn't) hyperventilate over the notion that they aren't taking in profit on the lodging for every person who visits.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #64
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93 View Post
Technically, every penny that anyone ever spends on anything bought from everyone but Disney is a certain amount of money "the mouse" will never get. This is so obvious that it seems unlikely the comment was intended to contradict this. Most likely it meant that someone staying in the Disney area is going to be spending a lot of money on theme park admissions, food, souvenirs and the like, which will in fact go to Disney. And in most cases, that is obviously true, and is why Disney needn't (and probably doesn't) hyperventilate over the notion that they aren't taking in profit on the lodging for every person who visits.
Maybe I wasn't clear. In this case the difference is simply resale vs retail as it's already someone who's going to Disney routinely and staying at DVC resorts through rental. They're already spending X money at Disney. However, as it applies to this issue, the question is whether one buys retail from Disney or resale from an individual. Say $20K retail or $10K retail as an example. That's $20K that Disney will never get no matter what happens and it has nothing to do with what you spend elsewhere otherwise.

As for why it was said, I think you're over analyzing it. Whether said directly or muttered under the breath, it was the words of someone being a jerk plain and simple.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #65
bighoo93
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Maybe I wasn't clear. In this case the difference is simply resale vs retail as it's already someone who's going to Disney routinely and staying at DVC resorts through rental. They're already spending X money at Disney. However, as it applies to this issue, the question is whether one buys retail from Disney or resale from an individual. Say $20K retail or $10K retail as an example. That's $20K that Disney will never get no matter what happens
So we agree that Disney will never get money from someone that is spent elsewhere. This is so obvious that I cannot believe someone would suggest otherwise, so I don't think that is what he meant. Really, it didn't require much analysis at all to figure it out. Pretty obvious, I thought.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #66
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93 View Post
So we agree that Disney will never get money from someone that is spent elsewhere. This is so obvious that I cannot believe someone would suggest otherwise, so I don't think that is what he meant. Really, it didn't require much analysis at all to figure it out. Pretty obvious, I thought.
We seem to be on different planes. IMO the ONLY thing that matters as for Disney getting there money as it applies here is whether they get money for the sale or the timeshare or not. In this case not, the rest is irrelevant as it applies to DVC.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #67
bighoo93
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
We seem to be on different planes. IMO the ONLY thing that matters as for Disney getting there money as it applies here is whether they get money for the sale or the timeshare or not. In this case not, the rest is irrelevant as it applies to DVC.
I'm agreeing with you. Why do you fight that so hard? I'm just saying that it is obviously true so the DVC salesperson knew that as well and was not contradicting this obvious fact.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #68
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93 View Post
I'm agreeing with you. Why do you fight that so hard? I'm just saying that it is obviously true so the DVC salesperson knew that as well and was not contradicting this obvious fact.
OK, I couldn't figure out for sure what you were saying, it seemed you were saying that the rest of the monies spent at Disney applied in this case.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #69
ParkHoppers
Earning My Ears
 
ParkHoppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 72

If it wasn't a CM that said " The mouse will get your money either way" it is a pretty funny line to say to someone IMO. I know CM are always supposed to be pleasant but we don,t know if the OP was egging the CM on a little nor do we know the OP,s tone in his conversation with the CM.
__________________

Last edited by ParkHoppers; 03-21-2013 at 10:43 PM.
ParkHoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #70
Ksp
DIS Veteran
 
Ksp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 854

Wow - that is an exceedingly rude cast member! Whether they work for Disney or not, that kind of treatment would NEVER get my business. Geesh!
__________________
DVC: BCV 2002 DVC: SSR 2003 DVC: BLT 2009
1992, (my very first time at Disney!)
Ksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.