Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #16
shoney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteanddebbie View Post
Do have to be there when beer is delivered so that they can check ID?
It was just delivered to bell services.

I did speak with him over the phone about selections and I asked if he wanted me to scan my id and he said no.

Maybe if you just placed the order on line, I don't know.

It would be a shame if they did go out of business. It was a very convenient service!
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #17
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Glad to see this post....DH would love some good beer, but the $30 WF fee is kind of steep!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #18
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

By my way of thinking, rather than paying a delivery fee, I have found a better deal is just to get an inexpensive rental car.

A car is more than $30, but time is money and a car will save you time all week. In my opinion, as long as you get a reasonable price- it pays for itself. (If I think about how much I'm paying per hour of vacation).

I can also vouch that the WF on Sand Lake RD is an easy stop on the way from the airport. (take the north exit) It's also great place to grab a quick lunch. They have a huge and excellent buffet (hot and cold), lots of soups, really nice area to eat. They have seafood, pizza, smoked meats, fresh sqezed juice bar. There's also some great looking options next door, but we enjoy eating right at WF.

They also have a nice selection of beer. You might also offset the cost by getting groceries. WF is not low price, but it is good quality.

I sort of go back and forth on the idea of a grocery store run being worthwhile. I'm not big on eating meals in my room, or eatinf ood that's been in a backpack all day, but I like quality food. It's nice to have a few snacks and water on hand.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #19
geckodani
DIS Veteran

If you're not specifically after beer, and just want alcohol in general, DH and I have started packing a bottle of rum. It mixes well with many of the options available to drink in a refillable mug.

ETA: We only did this at the pool; not in the parks or anything like that.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: