Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #1021
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mks142 View Post
What a great idea as my 3 and 5 year olds do not know my cell number.
does anyone know where to get this paper?
amazon
Old 01-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #1022
disneymagicgirlsdd
Earning My Ears

When packing I lay out all the outfits and then put sticky notes on them saying what day to wear them and what the weather will be like. I put them in my suitcase in order of the days I'll be wearing them.

Bringing a hanging travel makeup case is a lifesaver, too. You can put everything in that thing! Hair brushes, tooth brushes, all your toiletries -- plus keeping it on the back of the door away from little hands is the best

Good idea for the pop-up hamper! I always have a pile of dirty clothes next to my suitcase and feel bad for the roomkeeper
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #1023
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Bumping!!

Always looking for new ideas!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #1024
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj
we even pack our clothes in ziploc bags. You can get the large (I think its 2 1/2 gallon) size and squeeze all the air out of the packages. Its great because everything is all in one bag. When the clothes are dirty, you just put them back in the back and you don't have to worry about keeping dirty and clean clothes apart!
Do the adult clothes come out wrinkled?!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #1025
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt

Do the adult clothes come out wrinkled?!
I have used Space Bags which are fancy ziplocks and the clothes came out pretty wrinkle-free. I wouldn't put a silk blouse in one but Disney wear should be safe. The key is to pack it in neatly and then to squeeze out all the air, it keeps everything nice and compact but also keeps it from wrinkling too badly I think.
If you get a bad crease you can always use the iron in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #1026
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I think I'll try it at home first! I did it years ago with my kids but I don't remember their stuff being wrinkled. Or I didn't care cuz we were at Disney!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #1027
Disneylovers2000
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for all the tips! LOVE them!
I wanted to pass on that I was at Ikea (Canada) yesterday and picked up the closet shelf organizers that previous posts had mentioned. The hotel room we will be staying at in July has an 8ft long closet and I thought they would be perfect for organizing our clothes! I bought one for each of us! They were regular $8.99 on for $3.99!!!! I also picked up an over the door shoe organizer at Canadian Tire for $13.99 - Debbie Travis brand. I looked at many other options (cheaper) but definitely wanted see through pockets AND I figured I would use this for every trip now and wanted something that would last. I think I will also be putting it in my holiday trailer as well!!
Disneylovers2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #1028
traceee
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the tips. We're leaving in 5 days and I've used a lot of these ideas!

Here's a few things that I've found helpful:

I used a small cloth pencil case as a mini first -aid kit ( band aids, moleskin, pain medication, antibacterial gel...) for my day bag.

I've transformed a metal lunchbox ($2 at Dollar store) into a travel art/ entertainment kit for the car. I used magnetic tape to attach a pad of paper and crayons to the bottom and included some magnets which they can stick on.

Tripit has been a really useful FREE app to organize all my confirmation numbers, schedules etc.

All the (unsoiled) ziplock bags I use will be stashed back in our suitcase after our trip to be re-used next trip so they're ready and I won't have to buy/ use more.

Happy planning!
(The dollar store can be really addictive)
traceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #1029
gingerale82
Disney World newbie

So much great info here!! We are heading for our 3rd trip in a matter of days so, unfortunately, I am no WDW expert. However, I will try and contribute. I like to buy new coffee mugs when we go and I'm up to 5. I know I will buying at least 2 more this trip, as well. So, I pack a lock and lock (like tupperware) plastic box and fill it with granola bars, pop tarts, protein bars, etc. for the plane trip down. The kids like the pop tarts for a quick bite before we head out in the mornings and the other bars are for snacks while we're in the parks. Box is always empty before we head home and it's perfect to protect my new coffee mugs for the plane ride back home, along with anything else small that I don't want to risk breaking on the trip.
gingerale82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #1030
bellebud
DIS Veteran

I want to do the hanging sweater organizer instead of using dresser drawers for our next trip. This one zips closed...

www.holdnstorage.com/6_shelf_sweater-ri_84741.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=CSE&ut m_source=froogle&catargetid=1874592772&kw={keyword }&gclid=CIbT1LTr5rYCFUJN4AodoRgA-w

do you think there's any down side to it zipping closed? Maybe not folding up in the suitcase as well?

sorry, can't get the link to be a 'link'
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 AM   #1031
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Old but fun thread! Just adding that I pack these multi-clip hangers now http://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-6027-5...clips+set+of+3 -- they are fantastic and the hanger locks so it doesn't fall off -- can attach to shower pole for wet swimsuits, or in closet. I can hang wet adult jeans from just 1 clip -- very sturdy!
Keeping track just for me: 7/7/14-15 APs days at DL: 4
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #1032
PrincessPiperMommy
Mouseketeer

I just found this thread again and I love all the tips!
6-2005 DisneyLand Offsite/6-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/10-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/12-2007 WDW Pop Century/05-2008 DisneyLand Offsite/06-2009 WDW Offsite/09-2009 WDW Pop Century/04-2010 WDW Pop Century/11-2011 WDW Pop Century/12-2012 WDW Pop Century/10-2013 WDW CSR/3-2014 WDW CSR
PrincessPiperMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #1033
uccats97
Mouseketeer

I pack a duffle bag of shoes only. With 6 people, we bring about 18 pairs of shoes on vacation. Keeping all of them in one bag together prevents the shoes from getting any "dirty stuff" on our clothes.

Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(6)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #1034
dizzycrazy
Earning My Ears

cell phone numbers for kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mks142 View Post
What a great idea as my 3 and 5 year olds do not know my cell number.
does anyone know where to get this paper?
I actually did something a little different that I found here many years ago. Somewhere on line you can purchase the rubber bracelets with your choice of saying on them. I did that for my kids and had our phone numbers put on them. That was 6 years ago. Still have them and still put them on kids anytime we go to any large functions! They have been great! And thank goodness we have never needed to use them!

DH DW DS 10 DD 6 DDog

July 2000 ~ First Trip with DH! Celebrated Second Anniversay! ~ POR
July 2007 ~ First Family Trip to Disney! Celebrated 9th Anniversary! DS 4, DD 9 mo ~ Pop

dizzycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #1035
sb682
DIS Veteran

I love, love, love this thread! So many great ideas for my last trip, and I'm re-reading it again for my next trip. Things I definitely recommend:

- Brita water bottles. I bought a 3-pack with extra filters at BJ's. No funky Florida water and no bulky disposable water bottles to ship/drag through the parks
- Something I haven't tried yet: I saw someone on another website recommend one of those giant carabiners/"Mommy clips" to carry water bottles on the stroller handle. I don't have enough cup holders for everyone, so this is a great idea.
- Definitely get a swimmer's towel. I ordered a cheap one from Amazon and it was great for drying off wet ride seats after cloudbursts.
- IKEA zip-top bags for packing adult outfits. They come in 3 quart size (bigger than you can get at Target) and help me make sure I bring enough socks/underwear for the whole trip.
- A cheap cookie sheet from Dollar Tree is a great lap tray for preschoolers in the car or on the plane. DS used his to play with his toy cars and to eat snacks.
- A bath mat from Dollar Tree, just in case the bathtub at the hotel is not non-skid. Many hotels I've stayed in don't have them available due to sanitation issues.
- The 15/$1 glow sticks from Target are great. DS loved them, other kids were jealous and we left them by his bedside at night as a gentle night light. Dollar Tree also sells cute glow wands; he has had swords and skulls, but there are also hearts and stars.
- Our Keurig, K-cups and disposable coffee mugs from Dollar Tree. I am never sure about the cleanliness of in-room coffee makers and I need a cup right when I wake up. Definitely a money-saver as well.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: